31st August 2011, 03:33 PM
Danae

After B.A English can I do MCA? What is the eligibility of that course?

I'm doin' BA English 3rd year. Can I do MCA? May I know about the eligibility of that course or suggest me someother course.

9th December 2011, 12:56 AM
SANDEEP891985
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: After B.A English can I do MCA? What is the eligibility of that course?

Hello Friend,
The eligibility criteria varies as several institutions offer this course. Minimum qualification required is graduation or equivalent in any discipline with minimum 50% aggregate and with math or computer science as a subject in graduation or +2 , also note that some institutes doesn't make maths or computer science compulsory.

To appear for All India MCA Common Entrance Test
Minimum eligibility for AIMCET, Graduation (10+2+3) in any discipline and with math or computer science as a subject in graduation or +2.

Regards
28th May 2012, 02:37 PM
ranjeet250490
Senior Member++++

Arrow Re: After B.A English can I do MCA? What is the eligibility of that course?

Hi

B.A in English is the course which can be done from any good University in our country. Some of them are Delhi University, Mumbai University, etc..
This course is of 3 years duration and so in the final year you can start applying for the various Entrance exams for your post graduation or others.

Talking about the query you have asked, I feel really sorry to say that most probably you CANNOT apply or study MCA now.
MCA is the Master's in Computer Applications and this course is post graduation program of 2 years duration.
The Eligibility Criteria for this states that you should be a minimum graduate in any stream but must have studied Maths OR Computer Science as a compulsory subject EITHER IN CLASS 12TH or as a subject in your graduation.

As you belong to B.A English, you do not have any Maths subject in that course. However you have not mentioned your HS background. If you belong to a Maths OR Computer background, then surely you can apply for the MCA course and do it.

But if you have not studied MATHS OR COMPUTER SCIENCE in your 12th nor graduation, then you are not eligible to do this course.

According to me the best option for you would be the M.A or MBA. This is because M.A English would be totally related and in continuation to your B.A and you would also find it easy to study and follow..
Whereas the MCA is the BCA advanced course and so you may find it hard to follow at times.

MBA is another choice you may look for as you are fit for the Eligibility Criteria that any graduate can apply for this course.

Hope this helps

All the best

Regards
RANJEET
28th May 2012, 02:40 PM
Shaenma
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: After B.A English can I do MCA? What is the eligibility of that course?

MCA eligibility criteria:

Should be passed wth 50% in any recognized Bachelor's Degree of minimum 3 year's duration in any discipline with Mathematics at 10 + 2 level.
OR
Should be a passed with 50% marks in any recognized Bachelor's Degree of minimum 3 year's duration in any discipline with Mathematics as one of the subjects.
28th May 2012, 03:05 PM
shlrao
Senior Member+

In most of the university only the BCA/B.Sc with mathematics students are eligible to apply for the MCA course. But some of the university is also giving the admission to the graduate students. But MCA is the Master of Computer Application three year degree program fully technical courses. So if you have interest in the year technology/computer then you can take admission in this course other you should not come in this side.
You are doing BA with English this is good now my advice you that you should start the preparation for the defense, civil services, banking, railway etc. side so that you can make a good career just after your BA degree. If you are interested to do the further study then I will suggest you to do the MBA from any reputed institute.
28th May 2012, 04:05 PM
jyotiprakash2108

Location: 91/3 pratap nagar, sanganer,Jaipur 302021,Rajasthan,India

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danae View Post
I'm doin' BA English 3rd year. Can I do MCA? May I know about the eligibility of that course or suggest me someother course.
hello
you have done BA in english.
but there is not mention you that in 12th class which subjects you have.
For MCA you have some eligibility which are:
-candidate should have math subject in the 12th class.
-candidate should have maths or computer in the graduation course.

after these eligibility you can give the MCA entrance exam.
if you have not any subject from above eligibility then sorry to say you are not eligible for MCA
best of luck.
28th May 2012, 04:11 PM
josh98
Senior Member+++++

Hi,

I am sorry to say that you are not eligible for MCA after completing the B.A course.

MCA stands for Master of Computer Application. This course duration is 3 years. And it is divided into 6 semesters.

ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA:

the candidate should be citizen of india.

The candidate must have complete the graduation from any recognized university.

The candidate must have mathematics as a subject in the 12th class.

The age limit should be 17 years to 25 years at begining of the course.

Both male and female candidates are eligible for this exam.

You can apply for MCA by following sequence:

Aptitude test

Technical Interview

Personal Interview

all the best.
24th July 2012, 04:03 AM
Unregistered

Mera 12 me 59% hai mera 12 me math tha but meri math achi nahi hai me bca karu ya ba karu english history psecology se plz mujhe batye main kya karu maine suna hai ki bca kar ke job mil jati hai but b.a karne ke baad job me problum hoti hai
2nd July 2020, 11:33 AM
Unregistered

I'm a graduate in BA English literature. Is it possible for me to do MCA ?l belonged to the Biomaths stream in 12th std.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?