10th July 2015, 10:49 PM
Unregistered

Can i do MCA from Puna University with Diploma (Computer Technology) and BA (English) qualifications?

I have completed Diploma in Computer Technology. I have also done BA (English). Now i want to do MCA from Puna University. Can i do it?

From
Leena

Related Questions:
  1. Am I eligible to do MCA course if I have completed diploma in Information technology?
  2. Am I eligible for lecturer job in engineering colleges? I have done diploma in computer technology 3 year SNPT and BCA from Madras university, MCA from Tamilnadu open university and ME CSE from Anna university?
  3. How to become a software engineer after passing B.A?
  4. University of Kashmir-Faculty of Applied Science & Technology - MCA (M.Sc in Computer Science) Exam - Download Previous Years Question Papers
  5. Which one is a better choice for me between regular MCA and Correspondence MCA course having finished Diploma in Computer Technology?
  6. Which course is good in polytechnic after 10th?
  7. Qualification required to join M.E? I have done diploma in computer technology
  8. In which universities can I apply for MCA while in diploma in computer engineering?
  9. Can we do BCA after graduation?
  10. Can I complete MCA after diploma in computer technology? Institutes offering the coaching?
  11. How can I join Indian Air Force?
  12. Colleges offering M.Tech course in CS and IT branches? -- [Most Discussed]
  13. How can I become an IT professional and what should I do?
  14. Procedure to get admission for MCA course in any university having completed Diploma in Computer Applications?
  15. Am I eligible to do MCA in IGNOU University after completing 3 years diploma in computer science
  16. Fee structure for various medical colleges? How should I apply for this exam? Fee structure for the same? What is the fee structure for government college?
  17. Question paper for admission to puna film institute? Minimum eligibility to join puna film institution?
  18. Can I study MCA course directly having finished Diploma in Computer Technology?
11th July 2015, 02:34 AM
Bestanswerer
Banned

Default Re: Can i do MCA from Puna University with Diploma (Computer Technology) and BA (English) qualifications?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I have completed Diploma in Computer Technology. I have also done BA (English). Now i want to do MCA from Puna University. Can i do it?

From
Leena

Sorry that you are not eligible for MCA after completing a Diploma in Technology. The basic qualification needed for the MCA program is a Bachelor Degree with Mathematics subject or an equivalent qualification from a recognized university. The aspirants must have complete their graduation with 50% of marks. The selection is based on the merit of Common Entrance Test conducted by the respective university.
11th July 2015, 10:14 AM
vickyhansi

Default Re: Can i do MCA from Puna University with Diploma (Computer Technology) and BA (English) qualifications?

You can not do MCA in Pune University.

Eligibility for MCA course in Pune University:

Any Science Graduates(Including BCA under Science facility) with mathematics at 10+2 level.

But you have done BA English along with diploma in Computer Technology.

Therefore you are not eligible for MCA course.
11th July 2015, 12:06 PM
Prashantwin
Senior Member+++++

Yes, you can do MCA from Puna University with Diploma (Computer Technology) and BA (English) qualifications.

Eligibility to do MCA from Pune University :
  • Candidate must have passed graduation in any discipline from any recognised college.
  • Candidate must have mathematics as a subject in 12th class or any year of graduation.
11th July 2015, 12:35 PM
GreekScholar
Senior Member+++++

No, you are not eligible to apply for MCA admission in Pune university. That's because to apply for MCA admission in Pune university, candidate must be a Science graduate and should have studied Mathematics subject in his/her 12th standard. But, you are not a science graduate and you are a diploma student. So, you are not eligible for MCA course admission in Pune university.
11th July 2015, 01:44 PM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Quote:

From
Leena
No, you are not eligible for MCA course because you have done B.A in English.

MCA stands for Master in Computer Application.

If you have completed graduation degree from a recognized university with above 60% marks then you are eligible for MCA admission but Mathematics subject is compulsory in your throughout studies.
11th July 2015, 02:32 PM
jxsab
Senior Member+++++

Quote:

From
Leena
Yeah you can do MCA which is a Post graduation course of 3 years duration after having completed B.A in English, as you are satisfying the needed educational qualification for applying for the course. The educational qualification needed states that, candidate should have completed a degree i any stream from a recognized university and also should have studied mathematics as subject in your respected +2 or equivalent exam.

There is no age limit needed for pursuing the course. Candidates who wish to join in this course need to apply for the entrance exam which is conducted by many colleges and universities either deemed or Government undertaken.

You need to satisfy the eligibility criteria framed for the exam and then apply for the exam in order to get a seat in the respected colleges or through counselling.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?