6th October 2011, 07:18 PM
Unregistered

How to appear for CLAT examination? I am a social science 12th class student from AMU

my name is hassana quadri..i am studing in class 12th from aligarh muslim university.i am a social science student...i want to know how to appear for clat examinations....

16th March 2012, 04:14 PM
imira
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: How to appear for CLAT examination? I am a social science 12th class student from AMU

You can apply for the CLAT exam after completing the 12th class. Since you are joining for the LLB course after 12th class, it isyou will be joining a 5 year course. You should score an aggregate of 45% marks in the 12th class. You should attend the CLAT and based on your score in the exam you can apply for many reputed law colleges for the course. If you are a graduate, you can join a 3 year LLB course.

16th March 2012, 10:21 PM
dhirajen18
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: How to appear for CLAT examination? I am a social science 12th class student from AMU

CLAT-COMMON LAW ADMISSION TEST conducted by top law colleges for admission to 5 years Integrated under Graduate Law course.

The candidate should either appear for the final 12h exam or pass in any stream from a recognised University having 50% marks within the age of 17 to 22 years, is eligible to appear for CLAT for admission to 5 years integrated LL.B. course.

The CLAT can be applied on line through its web site.

As you are student of Social Science 12th standard from AMU you are eligible to apply for CLAT.

21st August 2013, 11:18 PM
Unregistered

Should i get a admisson of b.com in amu in 2014 with the percentage of 60.6?

22nd August 2013, 02:23 PM
sherleytwain
Senior Member+++++

To apply for the Common Law Admission Test, you must have completed 12th standard. It would not matter what subjects you have taken in 12th. It could be Science subjects, Commerce subjects or even Arts subjects.

It is important that you have completed 12th to apply for Common Law Admission Test. At the time of applying you will have to provide documents related to completion of 12th standard.

Common Law Admission Test is conducted for the BA LLB course. The duration of this course is 5 years because it includes a Bachelor degree and the LLB course. While the 3 years LLB is only a law course. There is no difference between the two courses.

For BA LLB you must have finished 12th standard, while for the 3 years LLB you must have completed graduation.

CLAT Eligibility

1. You will need to pass Class 12th.

2. Subjects could be any of your choice.

3. The marks required are 45%.

4. There is 5% relaxation for SC/ST/PWD.

5. You should be less than 20 years old to apply.

6. There is 2 years relaxation for SC/ST/PWD.

7. There is no age/marks relaxation for OBC.

Exam Pattern

1. English including Comprehension - 40 Marks

2. General Knowledge/Current Affairs - 50 Marks

3. Elementary Mathematics (Numerical Ability) - 20 Marks

4. Legal Aptitude - 50 Marks

5. Logical Reasoning - 40 Marks

The duration of the paper is 2 hours. You will get 1 mark for each correct question while 0.25 negative mark for each incorrect answer. There will be total of 200 questions in the Common Law Admission Test.

23rd August 2013, 12:06 PM
Shaenma
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
my name is hassana quadri..i am studing in class 12th from aligarh muslim university.i am a social science student...i want to know how to appear for clat examinations....
CLAT stands for Common Law Admission Test. It is a national law entrance test and this exam can be given by the law aspirants for pursuing both undergraduate and postgraduate course.

This examination generally takes place in the month of May every year and fourteen national law universities takes part in it. Each of them in turns conducts the exam every year. For eg, this year the exam was conducted by Hidayatullah National Law University (HNLU).

For the UG course it is important to score not less than 50% marks in aggregate at 10+2 level. SC/ST/OBC and PWD candidates needs to get 45% of marks. Final year students can also apply.

The upper age limit differs from one category to the other:-

General and OBC Candidates: 20 years
SC/ST and PWD Candidates: 22 years

Exam Pattern:-

In the written exam weightage is given to the following subjects:-
  1. English including Comprehension: 40 marks
  2. General Knowledge/ Current Affairs: 50 marks
  3. Elementary Mathematics (Numerical Ability): 20 marks
  4. Legal Aptitude: 50 marks
  5. Logical Reasoning: 40 marks
CLAT Fees:-

General Candidates: Rs. 3000/-
Reserved Category Candidates: Rs. 2500/-

For more information please click on this link:- http://www.clat.ac.in/

Do you have any question? or have anything to say?