26th October 2011, 01:35 PM
Unregistered

How many attempts will be required to appear for UPSC Civil Services Exam?

My date of birth is 01/03/1977.I am OBC caste & physically disabled candidate.I have already appeared five times UPSC civil service examination.Now I want to know how many attempts will be required for me to appear UPSC civil service examination.

5th November 2011, 09:11 PM
aditya436
Senior Member++++

Arrow Re: How many attempts will be required to appear for UPSC Civil Services Exam?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
My date of birth is 01/03/1977.I am OBC caste & physically disabled candidate.I have already appeared five times UPSC civil service examination.Now I want to know how many attempts will be required for me to appear UPSC civil service examination.

Hi
yeah
you can give more two attempts as a OBC Candidate you still have two more attempts remaining.

as a physical Disabled candidate also you have only 7 years from which you have already used 5 chances the remaining No. is 2.

with the experience of previous 5 year attempts you need to concentrate in your next attempt carefully and also take this attempt as serious because you are making your chances less if you fail to clear the exam.
If required ,
leave all other commitments and do your preparation in Isolation.
Commitments here are like Job , Family
Take residential coaching it will set your mind towards goal.

If possible make friends who are also having same aspiration like you.
In this attempt you have to crack the exam.
all the best wishes from my side.

The above information about remaining attempt is furnished through this link have a look at it. http://rausias.wordpress.com/tag/eli...-for-ias-exam/

For official information you can go through the website www.upsc.gov.in

all the best for your attempt

Regards
5th November 2011, 09:50 PM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: How many attempts will be required to appear for UPSC Civil Services Exam?

Quote:
ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA FOR CIVIL SERVICE EXAM

EDUCATIONAL QUALIFICATION:

Candidate should have minimum graduation degree with any discipline from a recognized university.

AGE CRITERIA:

For General category candidate,age should be between 21 to 30 years
For OBC category candidates age should be between 21 to 33 years
For SC/ST category candidates age should be between 21 to 35 years.

NUMBER OF ATTEMPTS:

4 attempts for General category candidates
7 attempts for OBC category candidates
Unlimited attempts for sc/st category candidates
6th November 2011, 12:25 AM
madhu madne

Thumbs up Re: How many attempts will be required to appear for UPSC Civil Services Exam?

Quote:
Hi

You have 2 attempt more friend prepare well for the exam

ALL THE BEST
20th November 2011, 12:10 PM
gaurav2talk
Senior Member+

Default Re: How many attempts will be required to appear for UPSC Civil Services Exam?

civil services exam

Every candidate appearing at the examination who is otherwise eligible shall be permitted four attempts at the examination. Provided that this restriction on the number of attempts permissible to candidates belonging to other Backward Classes who are otherwise eligible shall be seven.

Four (4)attempts for general category, seven (7) for OBCs and no limit for SCs/STs.

Note: An attempt at a Preliminary Examination shall be deemed to be an attempt at the Examination. If a candidate actually appears in anyone paper in the Preliminary Examination he/she shall be deemed to have made an attempt at the Examination. Notwithstanding the disqualification/cancellation of candidature the fact of appearance of the candidate at the examination will count as an attempt.
23rd November 2011, 08:34 AM
Unregistered

Hi, I am working in USA and been looking for institutes which offer online coaching for Civil Services in India. can any one please advise on good coaching institutes that provide online classes for Civil Services Exams. Thanks in advance!
4th February 2012, 09:03 PM
Unregistered

for a general candidate how many attempt
5th February 2012, 08:39 AM
adlsm

as you are in OBS cateogry you have special quota

you can give the exam total 7 TIMES
as you have given once, you can give it 6 more times

BUT

For OBC category candidates age should be between 21 to 33 years

so all the best
15th February 2012, 09:17 PM
Unregistered

My date of birth is 01/03/1988.I am genral candidate & physically disabled candidate.I have already appeared two times UPSC civil service examination.Now I want to know how many attempts will be required for me to appear UPSC civil service exams
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?