5th September 2014, 08:31 PM
Unregistered

How can I become an ordinary Customs Officer?

anybody just give me a speech about customs dept pls
am waiting to become a good customs officer......how to become an ordinary customs officer?

3rd October 2014, 10:43 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: How can I become an ordinary Customs Officer?

To become a customs officer in India, you have to crack UPSC Civil Services examination. The minimum education qualification required for this examination Graduation in any stream from a recognized university.

The age limit for Civil Services exam is 21 to 30 years for general category candidates. There is age relaxation for reserved category candidates. 5 years relaxation is available for SC/ST, 3 years for OBC category and for handicapped candidates 10 years relaxation is available.

The number of attempts available for different category for this exam is given below.

1. General category : 4 attempts
2. OBC category : 7 attempts
3. SC/ST category : no limit

The selection is based on merit and there will be following stages that you have to qualify:

1. Preliminary Exam
2. Mains Exam
3. Interview

For more information visit http://upsc.gov.in
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?