27th November 2010, 06:54 PM
Unregistered

Mistake in filling IIT JEE application form. Is it possible to correct?

dear sir,
i have done a mistake while submitting my Application Form for JEE.Will these affect in getting Admit Cards for JEE .
1)My 10+2 passing year is 2011, while by mistake I had written 2009 which is my year of passing 10th.
i had allready send my hard copy to IITDELHI.
kindly let me know
1.Whether my form will be accepted or rejected.
2.Whether corrections are possible in the form
3.If not, how will I know so that I can apply fresh.
PURANJAN

28th November 2010, 07:18 AM
asahu47
Senior Member+++

Default Re: Mistake in filling IIT JEE application form. Is it possible to correct?

hii

Mistake in filling IIT JEE application form.

u have to contact to the numbers given in the back side of the appklication forms..

good luck.
29th November 2010, 05:44 PM
Unregistered

Default Re: Mistake in filling IIT JEE application form. Is it possible to correct?

sir, what to do if the branch of the filled bank is not present in theplace given n if i want to change the respective bank to another bank in iit application form then what could be done????
2nd December 2010, 02:51 PM
Unregistered

i have signed my iit jee form with blue pen instead of black.i have posted it too.let me know what i can do about it or whether my form will be rejected???
3rd December 2010, 06:54 PM
miniking

you need to take more risk.
initially you could send mail to registration center of IIT JEE he may give the correct direction
4th December 2010, 12:00 PM
Unregistered

i had made mistake in signing .ihad signed in two different way in declaration and in para16.
sir will my form will be rejected or accepted
4th December 2010, 02:29 PM
Unregistered

i have paste a photo dated 21/7/2010 ....
plz reply whether my form is rejected or what i do plz help...........
7th December 2010, 02:38 PM
Unregistered

I have forgot to write the date of posting in my JEE form and I have posted it.Will my form be rejected?
7th December 2010, 10:42 PM
bivin

•i posted my iit application form to iit madras,but i am in a doubt that i have given the photocopy of the attested mark list,so if rejected how may i know it,please help me and reply me as soon as u can.??????
8th December 2010, 03:06 PM
Unregistered

i forget atestation now tell me will my form be rejected or accepted
9th December 2010, 08:25 AM
Unregistered

i have filled my iit form with blue ball point pen ? my form would be rejected or not?
9th December 2010, 09:40 PM
subho19
Senior Member+++

Exclamation Re: Mistake in filling IIT JEE application form. Is it possible to correct?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
dear sir,
i have done a mistake while submitting my Application Form for JEE.Will these affect in getting Admit Cards for JEE .
1)My 10+2 passing year is 2011, while by mistake I had written 2009 which is my year of passing 10th.
kindly let me know
PURANJAN
Dear friend,
Immidiately contect with the authority,otherwise your form would be cancelled,because your year of passing of 10th and 12th are the same,and it is not possible...
9th December 2010, 09:52 PM
ramakant sharma

Thumbs up Re: Mistake in filling IIT JEE application form. Is it possible to correct?

hello dear this mistake is unacceptable though if you have filled percent wrong but if it satisfy iit jee criteria than form will not be rejected but you will face problem while at the time of admission so it is better to correct the mistake.

you may contact to your zonal iit there are provisions to correct errors if you have committed while filling the form so contact at your zonal iit and ask them for the mistake you have committed they will provide possible solution .

contact number is given at the back page of your iit-jee bulletin and if you dont have than visit the link i am providing to you :

http://www.iitjee.org/

good luck dear
10th December 2010, 08:03 AM
aditya436
Senior Member++++

Quote:
i have signed my iit jee form with blue pen instead of black.i have posted it too.let me know what i can do about it or whether my form will be rejected???
no your form will not get rejected for such small mistakes if you still have doubts with it then please do contact to the support contacts given by iit jee application brouchre on the back side according to my opinion it is best to contact via E mail so that you can detailly explain your problem and can get a reasonable answer

all the best

~aditya~
10th December 2010, 11:04 AM
kvrob139
Senior Member++

Hi,

You need to contact at the numbers present in the brochure immediately otherwise your application will be rejected. Also ask them to fill new form if mistake can not be corrected.
10th December 2010, 06:09 PM
mishra245

Yes it is possible to correct the iit application form.
No this is not a major mistake and your form is accepted by iit's.
any mistake is informed by iit's
12th December 2010, 12:07 PM
Unregistered

I have not darken the bubble against the column given for mother tongue in iitjee form but i write it with the pen on space provided. Please tell me whether the form will accepted or rejected.
13th December 2010, 07:33 PM
Unregistered

i have submited 10 mark sheet but i have forget to attested it what to do?
13th December 2010, 11:15 PM
Unregistered

i foreget to attach the bank challan with the app. form . will it be rejected?
14th December 2010, 12:58 PM
Unregistered

i belong to general category and have filled counselling section????
15th December 2010, 02:12 PM
krishab

can i submit iit jee registration formon 16 december 2010
23rd December 2010, 11:59 AM
sonijha98

sir,i have sent unattested marksheet..i know that it is a big mistake..........plz tell me what to do.
23rd December 2010, 12:01 PM
sonijha98

sir
i have send unattested copy of marksheet..i know that it is a big mistake...plz tell me what to do
24th December 2010, 09:12 PM
Unregistered

when i checked my iit application status by typing my application no: they say it has not reached there
but i had sent it on 12 dec, without making any mistake while fiilling
now what do i do??
29th December 2010, 01:12 PM
Unregistered

i hv submitted my form of iitjee whole writen with pencil is my form will b rjected???
24th January 2011, 06:59 PM
Mayank Shekhar

Dear,
For this -
u have to contact to the numbers given in the back side of the appklication forms.
Thanks.
26th January 2011, 04:52 AM
abhimanyu2688

Hi,
Since for 2011 IIT JEE only students passed class 12th in 2010 or will be appearing in 2011 are eligible.
There are chances that your application will be rejected and send back to you. Before they do this contact the concerned authority as soon as you can and ask them for necessary steps to correct the mistakes made in the form.
Good Luck.
17th February 2011, 12:37 PM
Saikiran M

Thumbs up Re: Mistake in filling IIT JEE application form. Is it possible to correct?

Quote:
dear sir,
kindly let me know
PURANJAN
Its not a problem.. Candidates appearing the 10+2 exam on or after 1-Oct-2009 & on or before 1-Oct-2011.. Both are eligible.
Hence your application will not be rejected
(If & only if you have bubbled any one of first two options in 5th column of OMR application)

Quote:
Your application will not be rejected.. & will be accepted on grace..
Just keep atleast two copies of the same photo with you for future reference.

Quote:
It will not be rejected!
There is no case of rejecting the JEE application for using other pens..
The reason for recommending black pen is to avoid damage to the OMR with the use of gel/ink/felt pens & keep it neat. so, using blue pen is not a problem.
17th February 2011, 12:58 PM
mathur

Try to correct your mistake as soon as possible because its a major problem and your application form might be rejected.
So contact the concern authority as soon as possible. contact information is given in your broacher.
17th February 2011, 01:47 PM
Sneha Sunny

Smile Re: Mistake in filling IIT JEE application form. Is it possible to correct?

you just need to send an application form to the iit center where you have submitted the form. the address is given in the prospectus. your form will be accepted if you submit an application otherwise chances of rejection will be there.
17th February 2011, 01:49 PM
Ankur agrawal

YOu should contact to IIT registration counter definately they help u..............
17th February 2011, 03:15 PM
smruti prasad das

There is no case of rejecting the JEE application for using other pens..
The reason for recommending black pen is to avoid damage to the OMR with the use of gel/ink/felt pens & keep it neat. so, using blue pen is not a problem.i had also done the same mistake but i was able to appear the exam
17th February 2011, 03:18 PM
nikhilesh005

this can only be done by talking higher authorities or IIT team and there is no other process to sort out it....
ALL THE BEST
17th February 2011, 03:58 PM
rahul k
Senior Member+++++

Mistake in filling IIT JEE application form. Is it possible to correct -

I dont think, Your Mistakes will be corrected.

After submission Your IIT JEE Application form to the concerned department, you can not correct your Mistake. But you should contact to the concerned department to solve your problem. But i think they can not help you, because the application was computerised format, so you cant correct your mistakes.

But, if you have mention your 10th will be passout in 2009 in IIT JEE Application form, then i dont think its a big issue, because 2009 candidates will also eligible to appear in this exams.

But if you have a doubt, then please contact to the concerned department to solve this problem. I hope they will help you better, So, please visit this given websites and contact the authority soon -

http://jee.iitd.ac.in

http://jee.iitd.ac.in/contactus.php
17th February 2011, 05:30 PM
Mrs_Praveen_Gola
Senior Member+++++

No its not possible for you to correct the form.But you can contact to the chairman as under-
1. IIT Bombay
Chairman, JEE, IIT Bombay, Powai, Mumbai 400 076
(022) 25764063
(022) 25720305
2. IIT Delhi
Chairman, JEE, IIT Delhi, Hauz Khas, Delhi 110 016
(011) 26591785
(011) 26581067
3. IIT Guwahati
Chairman, JEE, IIT Guwahati, Guwahati 781 039
(0361) 2692795
(0361) 2582180
4. IIT Kanpur
Chairman, JEE, IIT Kanpur, Kanpur 208 016
(0512) 2597335
(0512) 2590103
5. IIT Kharagpur
Chairman, JEE, IIT Kharagpur, Kharagpur 721 302
(03222) 282102
(03222) 278242
6. IIT Madras
Chairman, JEE, IIT Madras, Chennai 600 036
(044) 22578220
(044) 22578224
7. IIT Roorkee
Chairman, JEE, IIT Roorkee, Roorkee 247 667
(01332) 284272
(01332) 285346
If they have any solution regarding that ,then you will be definitely benifitted with it.
17th February 2011, 05:57 PM
ROOPA SAMAL

Quote:
dear sir,
kindly let me know
PURANJAN

hi.......

this mistake cannot be rectify,,,,,,,
as per this mistake you are not eligible........

Quote:
hi.......
this occurs many times by many people...
most of the time the form does not get rejected.......

Quote:
i had made mistake in signing .ihad signed in two different way in declaration and in para16.
hi.........

this is quite a major problem..
there is a possibility that your form will be rejected....

Quote:
hi...........
this is problem ...
however this won't matter much....
you may write an application to them regarding this problem...
and wait for the admit card to come......

Quote:
hi.....

there is possibility that your form will be rejected......

Quote:
i have filled my iit form with blue ball point pen ? my form would be rejected or not?
hi......
this mistake wont matter much but you must contact the iit jee zonal office regarding this,,,,,
17th February 2011, 06:10 PM
priya2242

Location: QR.NO-2RB-6/2,KALPANA FLAT,BHUBANESWAR-751014,ORISSA

Mistake in filling IIT JEE application form. Is it possible to correct?

hello

here r some info.

Mistake in filling IIT JEE application form.

u can contact ur zonal iit centre(chairman)

email ur ur problems to chairman zonal iit

u have to contact to the numbers given in the back side of the appklication forms..

all d best

//priya//.
17th February 2011, 06:43 PM
anil4

yes. u can rectify . go and contact the iit concilor. other wise u can change through iit web site.
17th February 2011, 08:51 PM
tarun ky

Location: b-44,phase-1,25ft,road,shyam vihar,deendarpur,najafgarh,new delhi 110043

Quote:
dear sir,
kindly let me know
PURANJAN

YOu should call them and if u have submitted the hard copy of ur result then not to worry every thing will be fine
17th February 2011, 09:52 PM
ratalalavanya

It is really a big mistake..........so it's better to contact the convenor
17th February 2011, 11:31 PM
anjalianusha

Smile Re: Mistake in filling IIT JEE application form. Is it possible to correct?

Quote:
dear sir,
kindly let me know
PURANJAN
there is no problem in writing 10+2 passing year
your form will be accepted
26th February 2011, 09:00 PM
ankurloonia

Quote:

No your form should not be rejected if you have used a good blue pen, because they ask for using the black pen as it is easily readable by the OMR scanning machine, which is not the case with blue pen.
26th February 2011, 09:03 PM
ankurloonia

Quote:
Your form will be accepted and later on please use the signature you have used in para 16, and not the one you have used in declaration as it matters.
26th February 2011, 09:05 PM
ankurloonia

Quote:

No your form will not be rejected they just ask for a latest photograph to ensure that there are no discripency, that's it, anything else won't matter.
26th February 2011, 09:09 PM
ankurloonia

Quote:
I have forgot to write the date of posting in my JEE form and I have posted it.Will my form be rejected?

No your form will not be rejected, they ask for date of posting just to ensure and take in your form if it is reached on the last date.
26th February 2011, 09:12 PM
ankurloonia

Quote:
Your form will surely be rejected as it is very important to send a attested form, as it required to ensure that you have not given a fake information about yourself, just refill your form.
26th February 2011, 09:19 PM
ankurloonia

Quote:
It won't effect if you have used a good blue pen. Those IIT people insist to us ea black pen as the OMR scanning machine can easily read black pen which is not the case with blue pen.
26th February 2011, 09:21 PM
ankurloonia

Quote:
I have not darken the bubble against the column given for mother tongue in iitjee form but i write it with the pen on space provided. Please tell me whether the form will accepted or rejected.
Your form will be accepted as such questions are just for survey purpose and don't effect your forms eligibility.
26th February 2011, 09:23 PM
ankurloonia

Quote:
i have submited 10 mark sheet but i have forget to attested it what to do?
I think your form will be rejected as the IIT people ask for an attested mark sheet to confirm that the information filled by you are not fake, most importantly your birth date.
26th February 2011, 09:26 PM
ankurloonia

Quote:
Originally Posted by sonijha98 View Post
sir,i have sent unattested marksheet..i know that it is a big mistake..........plz tell me what to do.
I think your form will be rejected as the IIT people ask for an attested mark sheet to confirm that the information filled by you are not fake, most importantly your birth date.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?