22nd February 2010, 05:17 PM
thanu

Eligibility for IES examination for ece final year students?

I am studying ece final year .Am i eligible for IES examination? If am eligible please tell me the syllabus for the preparation?

22nd February 2010, 10:54 PM
satyavani
Senior Member++

Default Re: Eligibility for IES examination for ece final year students?

yes you are eligible for the examination,your examination code is 4,
the syllabus is available in the employment news dated 30-1-2010
all the best
22nd February 2010, 11:06 PM
rrmohantysmile
Senior Member+

yes, dear you are absolutely eligible for the exam. good luck to you take care...
22nd February 2010, 11:06 PM
rednam

you are elegible for the exam,you can log in to www.upsc.gov.in for all the details,
you can also visit the employment news dated 30-1-2010,the syllabus is given in detail
23rd February 2010, 03:16 PM
arjunowhal

respected sir
this is Arjun Owhal from Pune,Maharashtra,India
i am currently pursuing my last year of graduation.kindy provide me details of institude in mumbai-pune.fees structure,duration(any part time or external)batches for perticular study
[email protected],9049494248
24th February 2010, 01:35 PM
atanu
Senior Member++

hey friend,
as your are in the last year of your course,
so your are eligible for it,
and you can find the ies syllabus in the employment news dated at 30-01-2010,
also you can find it on the websites
www.upsc.gov.in
o k
all the best.
25th February 2010, 10:23 AM
amit04051988
Senior Member+

hi

The Union Public Service Commission will hold the Engineering Services Examination, 2010 commencing from Jun 26, 2010.

Last date of submission of application (Offline): 2nd March, 2010.
Online application submission: 6th - 22nd February 2010

Candidates can obtain details of the examination as well as information about registration of their application, venue of the examination and result etc. on UPSC website at the link shown below:
http://upsc.gov.in/exams/notifications/engg-2010/ntf-engg.htm

all the best
25th February 2010, 12:41 PM
arjunowhal

dear mam,
this is arjun owhal.i would like to know abt diploma of rail transport & management study.fees strusture,duration & centres in mumbai-pune
pls reply me ASAP
4th March 2010, 12:50 AM
nitishinmit
Senior Member+

hi friend,
you can apply for the ies exams conducted by upsc,as you are in the final year of your course,for detail regarding the exam you can visit www.upsc.gov.in.so please hurry up and apply for it as the last date is 2nd of march.
15th March 2010, 04:25 AM
asish
Senior Member+

yes you are eligible for this exam
more information see this website
www.upsc.gov.in.
good luck
16th April 2010, 09:36 PM
Unregistered

sir i passed 10 2 through nios board can i eligible for ies,ntpc ,ongc,bhel.
25th April 2010, 06:04 PM
atulraut

Post Re: Eligibility for IES examination for industrial engineering final year students?

hi,
sir iam in final year of industrial engg.,so iam eligible for ies examination of mech. engg.
5th May 2010, 02:20 AM
jainendra

sir i passed 10 +2 through nios board can i eligible for ies,ntpc ,ongc,bhel.
25th May 2010, 01:56 PM
Unregistered

Can a govt employee avail the age relaxation of five years as well as three years for OBC? A cumulative eight years age relaxation for govt employee of OBC category.
9th June 2010, 10:31 PM
Unregistered

how many paper in ies exam for ece
10th June 2010, 12:59 AM
rahul k
Senior Member+++++

dear friend

Yes you are eligible for IES exams but for this examination you must have attained the age of 21 years and must not have attained the age of 30 years on 1st August 2010. If
you want to get more detail regarding this exams, then please visit the official site or
read the employment newspaper, all the necessary detail are availiable there-

www.upsc.gov.in.
10th June 2010, 12:07 PM
help100%

Look dear you are eligible for the exam and here is the syllabus of IES Syllabus (ECE) as follows:
IES Syllabus (ECE)

Electronics & Telecommunication Engineering
Syllabus
(For both objective and conventional type papers)

PAPER - I

1. Materials And Components:
Structure and properties of Electrical Engineering materials; Conductors, Semiconductors and Insulators, magnetic, Ferroelectric, Piezoelectric, Ceramic, Optical and Super-conducting materials. Passive components and characteristics Resistors, Capacitors and Inductors; Ferrities, Quartz crystal Ceramic resonators, Electromagnetic and Electromechanical components.

2. Physical Electronics, Electron Devices and ICs:
Electrons and holes in semiconductors, Carrier Statistics, Mechanism of current flow in a semiconductor, Hall effect; Junction theory; Different types of diodes and their characteristics; Bi-polar Junction transistor; Field effect transistors; Power switching devices like SCRs, GTOs, power MOSFETS; Basics of ICs - bipolar, MOS and CMOS types; basics of Opto Electronics.

3. Signals and Systems:
Classification of signals and systems: System modeling in terms of differential and difference equations; State variable representation; Fourier series; Fourier representation; Fourier transforms and their applications to system analysis; Laplace transforms and their application to system analysis; Convolution and superposition integrals and their applications; Z-transforms and their applications to the analyisis and characterization of discrete time systems; Random signals and probability, Correlation functions; Spectral density; Response of linear system to random inputs.

4. Network Theory:
Network analysis techniques; Network theorems, transient response, steady state sinusoidal response; Network graphs and their applications in network analysis; Tellegen's theorem. Two port networks; Z, Y, h and transmission parameters, Combination of two ports, analysis of common two ports. Network functions: parts of network functions, obtaining a network function from a given part. Transmission criteria: delay and rise time, Elmore's and other definitions effect of cascading. Elements of network synthesis.

5. Electromagnetic Theory:
Analysis of electrostatic and magnetostatic fields; Laplace's and Piossons's equations; Boundary value problems and their solutions; Maxwell's equations; application to wave propagation in bounded and unbounded media; Transmission lines: basic theory, standing waves, matching applications, misconstrue lines; Basics of wave guides and resonators; Elements of antenna theory.

6. Electronic Measurements and Instrumentation:
Basic concepts, standards and error analysis; Measurements of basic electrical quantities and parameters; Electronic measuring instruments and their principles of working: analog and digital, comparison, characteristics, application. Transducers; Electronic measurements of non electrical quantities like temperature, pressure, humidity etc; basics of telemetry for industrial use.

PAPER - II

1. Analog Electronic Circuits:
Transistor biasing and stabilization. Small signal analysis. Power amplifiers. Frequency response. Wide banding techniques. Feedback amplifiers. Tuned amplifiers. Oscillators. Rectifiers and power supplies. Op Amp, PLL, other linear integrated circuits and applications. Pulse shaping circuits and waveform generators.

2. Digital Electronic Circuits:
Transistor as a switching element; Boolean algebra, simplification of Boolean functions, karnaguh map and applications; IC Logic gates and their characteristics; IC Logic gates and their characteristics; IC logic families: DTL, TTL, ECL, NMOS, PMOS and CMOS gates and their comparision; Combinational logic Circuits; Half adder, Full adder; Digital comparator; Multiplexer Demulti-plexer; ROM and their applications. Flip flops. R-S, J-K, D and T flip flops; Different types of counters and registers Waveform generators. A/D and D/A converters. Semiconductor memories.

3. Control Systems:
Transient and steady state response of control systems; Effect of feedback on stability and sensitivity; Root locus techniques; Frequency response analysis. Concepts of gain and phase margins: Constant-M and Constant-N Nichol's Chart; Approximation of transient response from Constant-N Nichol's Chart; Approximation of transient response from closed loop frequency response; Design of Control Systems, Compensators; Industrial controllers.

4. Communication Systems:
Basic information theory; Modulation and detection in analogue and digital systems; Sampling and data reconstructions; Quantization & coding; Time division and frequency division multiplexing; Equalization; Optical Communication: in free space & fiber optic; Propagation of signals oat HF, VHF, UHF and microwave frequency; Satellite Communication.

5. Microwave Engineering:
Microwave Tubes and solid state devices, Microwave generation and amplifiers, Waveguides and other Microwave Components and Circuits, Misconstrue circuits, Microwave Antennas, Microwave Measurements, Masers, lasers; Microwave propagation. Microwave Communication Systems terrestrial and Satellite based.

6. Computer Engineering:
Number Systems, Data representation; Programming; Elements of a high level programming language PASCAL/C. Use of basic data structures; Fundamentals of computer architecture; Processor design; Control unit design; Memory organisation. I/O System Organisation. Microprocessors: Architecture and instruction set of Microprocessors 8085 and 8086, Assembly language Programming. Microprocessor Based system design: typical examples. Personal computes and their typical uses.

So, i think as you are a ECE student and the above syllabus is about it only and for more details about the syllabus you should pay a visit to the mentioned side below :
www.indiastudychannel.com/resources/50599-IES-Syllabus-ECE.aspx
www.iwinacademy.com/competitive/upsc/ies/syllabus-electronics-engineering-I.aspx
www.upscexam.com/upsc_examinations/combined_engineering_services_ces/Engineering-Services-Examination-Electronics-Telecommunication-Engineering.html
www.entrance-exam.net/upsc-2009-engineering-services-examination/
www.upsc.gov.in

For further queries free to ask here.

Best of Luck,
help100%
23rd June 2010, 01:00 AM
pathakaalok

how much % required for eligibility of ies exm............................................... ................................
26th June 2010, 05:16 PM
Unregistered

hi sir this is santhosh kumar from andhrapradesh i completed my MTECH in ECE branch am i eligible for NET examination
22nd July 2010, 12:11 PM
Unregistered

sir,which type of question asked in IES,sir only subject related or G.K and language paper asked in IES ,sir i m a ECE student ,please tell me
which goverment company take ECE student AND HOW WILL do preparetion for it
23rd July 2010, 07:25 PM
samratguha

hi friend...
Candidate should be engineering graduate. However, candidates studying in last semester of engineering can also appear in entrance test but they are required to produce the proof of passing engineering degree.
For some selected posts of engineering services, candidates who are holding MSc degree in wireless communications, electronics, radio physics & radio engineering.
26th July 2010, 02:47 AM
Unregistered

which will be better.. attempting IES at final year or after pass-out...??
26th July 2010, 06:59 PM
ansh_ansh
Senior Member++++

here is the syllabus
Analog Electronic Circuits:
Transistor biasing and stabilization. Small signal analysis. Power amplifiers. Frequency response. Wide banding techniques. Feedback amplifiers. Tuned amplifiers. Oscillators. Rectifiers and power supplies. Op Amp, PLL, other linear integrated circuits and applications. Pulse shaping circuits and waveform generators.
Digital Electronic Circuits:
Transistor as a switching element; Boolean algebra, simplification of Boolean functions, karnaguh map and applications; IC Logic gates and their characteristics; IC Logic gates and their characteristics; IC logic families: DTL, TTL, ECL, NMOS, PMOS and CMOS gates and their comparision; Combinational logic Circuits; Half adder, Full adder; Digital comparator; Multiplexer Demulti-plexer; ROM and their applications. Flip flops. R-S, J-K, D and T flip flops; Different types of counters and registers Waveform generators. A/D and D/A converters. Semiconductor memories.
Control Systems:
Transient and steady state response of control systems; Effect of feedback on stability and sensitivity; Root locus techniques; Frequency response analysis. Concepts of gain and phase margins: Constant-M and Constant-N Nichol's Chart; Approximation of transient response from Constant-N Nichol's Chart; Approximation of transient response from closed loop frequency response; Design of Control Systems, Compensators; Industrial controllers.
Communication Systems:
Basic information theory; Modulation and detection in analogue and digital systems; Sampling and data reconstructions; Quantization & coding; Time division and frequency division multiplexing; Equalization; Optical Communication: in free space & fiber optic; Propagation of signals oat HF, VHF, UHF and microwave frequency; Satellite Communication.
Microwave Engineering:
Microwave Tubes and solid state devices, Microwave generation and amplifiers, Waveguides and other Microwave Components and Circuits, Misconstrue circuits, Microwave Antennas, Microwave Measurements, Masers, lasers; Microwave propagation. Microwave Communication Systems terrestrial and Satellite based.
Computer Engineering:
Number Systems, Data representation; Programming; Elements of a high level programming language PASCAL/C. Use of basic data structures; Fundamentals of computer architecture; Processor design; Control unit design; Memory organisation. I/O System Organisation. Microprocessors: Architecture and instruction set of Microprocessors 8085 and 8086, Assembly language Programming. Microprocessor Based system design: typical examples. Personal computes and their typical uses.
27th July 2010, 06:00 AM
subhasish
Senior Member++

Yes Off coarse you are eligible for the exam dear,being in the final year of the B.Tech level.

So just fill up the application form and prepare for it ,IIES exam is considered one of the toughest exam in our country.

For more details regarding the IES ,you can visit to the website http://www.upsc.gov.in
All the best.
13th August 2010, 12:07 AM
solution
Senior Member++++

Hello friend

after complition of your btech course you will be eligiable to attain IES exam.

but to attain IES exam you should have 60% marks in Engineering.

the age limit for attain in the IES exam is 21-29.

you can get syllaus for IES exam in given below sites

www.upsc.gov.in

all the best........
13th August 2010, 01:35 AM
vike
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
which will be better.. attempting IES at final year or after pass-out...??
Dear friend
I don't think there is any benefit taking the test without so much of preparation. You should apply for the same once you prepare well next year. If you are prepared to some significant extent and then you take the test and you don't qualify, in that case you will get to know about- what more to do. Otherwise it can leave a frustration.
Therefore, if you have just thought about IES then start your preparation for the next year. There is no need to be in a hurry.
Thank You
13th August 2010, 06:37 PM
August
Senior Member+

dear friend

eligibility is that u have to be a engineering graduate.

so after completion of your graduation u will be eligible for it.

all the best.
13th August 2010, 07:38 PM
Somesh Goenka
Senior Member+++

Quote:
Originally Posted by jainendra View Post
sir i passed 10 +2 through nios board can i eligible for ies,ntpc ,ongc,bhel.
Yes you are eligible for the exams mentioned above if your board is government recognised.
Also you must first attain graduation from a recognized university to be eligible for the exams.

Good Luck!
14th August 2010, 03:04 AM
prashantmeghalia
Senior Member++

Smile Re: Eligibility for IES examination for ece final year students?

Quote:
Originally Posted by thanu View Post
I am studying ece final year .Am i eligible for IES examination? If am eligible please tell me the syllabus for the preparation?
yes, you are eligible for ies exam. for details regarding the exam you must check employment news regularly or you can visit their website
www.upsc.gov.in
14th August 2010, 10:11 AM
ravi k
Senior Member+

dear friend

u must be a engineering graduate.

all d best.
18th August 2010, 12:43 AM
hsakapandit
Banned

Location: Vill. and Post Office Katrain, Near Shiv Temple, Distt. and Teh. Kullu (Himachal Pradesh) India

You can visit the main website of the officially. Please Click on the following link and don't let this link alone. Click
www.upsc.gov.in/
Thanks
Hsakapandit
18th August 2010, 01:28 AM
rajesh gupta 1

dear friend,
as you are from the ece branch,so you are eligible for the ies examination,because only for branch of the engineering is eligible for the ies exam and ece is one of the branch from them.so do not worry apply for it and prepare well.
18th August 2010, 01:53 AM
jomson varghese

Thumbs up Re: Eligibility for IES examination for ece final year students?

Quote:
dear friend,

you are eligible for IES examination.so start for preparing the job..
please note the syllabus as shown in below.
ELECTRONICS & TELECOMMUNICATION ENGINEERING PAPER - I

1. Materials and Components :
Structure and properties of Electrical Engineering materials; Conductors, Semiconductors and Insulators, magnetic, Ferroelectric, Piezoelectric, Ceramic, Optical and Super-conducting materials.

(more content follows the advertisement below)
A D V E R T I S E M E N T

Passive components and characteristics Resistors, Capacitors and Inductors; Ferrites, Quartz crystal Ceramic resonators, Electromagnetic and Electromechanical components.
2. Physical Electronics, Electron Devices and ICs:
Electrons and holes in semiconductors, Carrier Statistics, Mechanism of current flow in a semiconductor, Hall effect; Junction theory; Different types of diodes and their characteristics; Bipolar Junction transistor; Field effect transistors; Power switching devices like SCRs, GTOs, power MOSFETS; Basics of ICs - bipolar, MOS and CMOS types; basic of Opto Electronics.

3. Signals and Systems
Classification of signals and systems: System modelling in terms of differential and difference equations; State variable representation; Fourier series; Fourier transforms and their application to system analysis; Laplace transforms and their application to system analysis; Convolution and superposition integrals and their applications; Z-transforms and their applications to the analysis and characterisation of discrete time systems; Random signals and probability, Correlation functions; Spectral density; Response of linear system to random inputs.

4. Network theory
Network analysis techniques; Network theorems, transient response, steady state sinusoidal response; Network graphs and their applications in network analysis; Tellegen’s theorem. Two port networks; Z, Y, h and transmission parameters. Combination of two ports, analysis of common two ports. Network functions : parts of network functions, obtaining a network function from a given part. Transmission criteria : delay and rise time, Elmore’s and other definitions effect of cascading. Elements of network synthesis.

5. Electromagnetic Theory
Analysis of electrostatic and magnetostatic fields; Laplace’s and Poisson’s equations; Boundary value problems and their solutions; Maxwell’s equations; application to wave propagation in bounded and unbounded media; Transmission lines : basic theory, standing waves, matching applications, microstrip lines; Basics of wave guides and resonators; Elements of antenna theory.

6. Electronic Measurements and instrumentation
Basic concepts, standards and error analysis; Measurements of basic electrical quantities and parameters; Electronic measuring instruments and their principles of working : analog and digital, comparison, characteristics, application. Transducers; Electronic measurements of non electrical quantities like temperature, pressure, humidity etc; basics of telemetry for industrial use.

ELECTRONICS & TELECOMMUNICATION ENGINEERING PAPER – II

>

1. Analog Electronic Circuits :

2. Digital Electronic Circuits :
Transistor as a switching element; Boolean algebra, simplification of Boolean functions, Karnaguh map and applications; IC Logic gates and their characteristics; IC logic families : DTL, TTL, ECL, NMOS, PMOS and CMOS gates and their comparison; Combinational logic Circuits; Half adder, Full adder; Digital comparator; Multiplexer Demulti-plexer; ROM an their applications. Flip flops. R-S, J-K, D and T flip-flops; Different types of counters and registers Waveform generators. A/D and D/A converters. Semiconductor memories.

(more content follows the advertisement below)
A D V E R T I S E M E N T

3. Control Systems :
Transient and steady state response of control systems; Effect of feedback on stability and sensitivity; Root locus techniques; Frequency response analysis. Concepts of gain and phase margins: Constant-M and Constant-N Nichol’s Chart; Approximation of transient response from Constant-N Nichol’s Chart; Approximation of transient response from closed loop frequency response; Design of Control Systems, Compensators; Industrial controllers.

4. Communication Systems :
Basic information theory; Modulation and detection in analogue and digital systems; Sampling and data reconstructions; Quantization & coding; Time division and frequency division multiplexing; Equalization; Optical Communication : in free space & fiber optic; Propagation of signals at HF, VHF, UHF and microwave frequency; Satellite Communication.

5. Microwave Engineering :
Microwave Tubes and solid state devices, Microwave generation and amplifiers, Waveguides and other Microwave Components and Circuits, Microstrip circuits, Microwave Antennas, Microwave Measurements, Masers, lasers; Microwave propagation.
Microwave Communication Systems terrestrial and Satellite based.

6. Computer Engineering :
Number Systems. Data representation; Programming; Elements of a high level programming language PASCAL/C; Use of basic data structures; Fundamentals of computer architecture; Processor design; Control unit design; Memory organisation, I/o System Organisation. Microprocessors : Architecture and instruction set of Microprocessors 8085 and 8086, Assembly language Programming. Microprocessor Based system design : typical examples. Personal computers and their typical uses.

wish u all de best .........
18th August 2010, 02:31 AM
shubham957

Quote:
yes you are eligible for the ies exam. you must keep checking employment news regularly because all the details regarding the exam will come in that only.
good luck
19th August 2010, 02:45 AM
cenaetion
Senior Member+

dear friend,

The eligibility for IES exam is u just have to complete ur graduation in engineering field.. this is the only criteria..

so u can surely appear in IES exam..

all the best..
1st September 2010, 05:57 PM
Unregistered

in websites, for ies exam the syllabus is given for electronics&telecommunication eng.,,only
will it be applicable to ECE branch also
22nd September 2010, 10:34 PM
Unregistered

I am a student of btech of ece............i wana know bout the various post related to it.
23rd September 2010, 01:31 AM
yogeshkumarsoni

dear friend

Yes you are eligible for IES exams but for this examination you must have attained the age of 21 years and must not have attained the age of 30 years on 1st August 2010. If
you want to get more detail regarding this exams, then please visit the official site or
read the employment newspaper, all the necessary detail are availiable there-

www.upsc.gov.in.
23rd September 2010, 02:54 AM
Sushant Roy
Senior Member++++

hi friend,

Yes ECE final year candidates candidates are eligible to apply for IES exam into their category.
For syllabus of ECE branch in IES you may refer this link:

http://www.upscexam.com/upsc_examina...gineering.html

It consists of Paper I and Paper II, and syllabus of both objective and subjectives are same.
25th September 2010, 09:36 PM
Unregistered

hi
sir
iam studing final year ece.....could u sugest an top institution which give coaching for ies
and the notification of ies exams in 2011
27th September 2010, 03:29 PM
Unregistered

1. What is the scope of M.Tech in future?
4th October 2010, 09:35 AM
Unregistered

Unhappy Re: Eligibility for IES examination for ece final year students?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
sir i passed 10 2 through nios board can i eligible for ies,ntpc ,ongc,bhel.
no,you must be graduate for qualifying exams .these are actually PSU
7th October 2010, 09:35 AM
Unregistered

i m in final yr,instumentation branch.....m i eligible 4 this xam??????? n under which stream i need 2 giv this xam?????
27th October 2010, 04:59 PM
SEEMMY DANSANA

how can we prepare for this IES examination as i am in btech 2nd year,electrical branch?
17th December 2010, 10:52 PM
Unregistered

thanks for my satisfaction
29th January 2011, 03:05 PM
deep_4
Senior Member+++++

Post Re: Eligibility for IES examination for ece final year students?

Quote:
Well friend,

Full Details About IES 2011

Dates:-
  • NAME OF EXAMINATION:- ENGINEERING SERVICES EXAMINATION, 2011
  • DATE OF NOTIFICATION:- 08.01.2011
  • LAST DATE FOR RECEIPT OF APPLICATIONS:- 07.02.2011(MONDAY)
  • DATE OF COMMENCEMENT OF EXAM:- 14.05.2011 (SATURDAY)

Eligibility:-
  • A degree in Engineering from a recognized University or equivalent. M.Sc Degree or its equivalent with Wireless Communications, Electronics, Radio Physics or Radio Engineering as special subject acceptable for certain Services/posts only.

• Even Final year Students can Also apply for The same.

• Age must be in between 21 - 30 years as on 01.08.2011

Good luck.
5th February 2011, 10:56 PM
Unregistered

how many percentage are required for the IES exam
5th February 2011, 11:10 PM
ram.kathir92

if i have arrears will i write the exam
5th February 2011, 11:35 PM
rohitkumarramesh
Senior Member++++

Hi

Yes you are eligible for the IES exam. Students who have appeared in the exam of final year of engineering are eligible to appear for this exam.

The basic eligibility criteria for the IES exam is given below:

Education Qualification.

1. The minimum education qualification for the IES is B.E/B.Tech . Students who have appeared in the final year of engineering are eligible for this exam.

2Candidates having M.Sc degree in
Wireless Communications,
Electronics,
Radio Physics or Radio Engineering will also apply for some posts.

AGE LIMIT:

The age limit for this examination should be between 21-30 years.

Syllabus For Electronics.
Students of electronic stream will have to prepare for the following for the IES exam :

Section I- Objective Papers

1.General Ability Test 2 hrs. 200
(Part A: General English)
(Part B: General Studies)

2.Electronics & Telecommunication Engineering - 2 hrs. 200

Paper I
Electronics & Telecommunication Engineering - 2 hrs. 200

Paper II

Section II- Conventional Papers

3.Electronics & Telecommunication Engineering - 3 hrs. 200

Paper I
Electronics & Telecommunication Engineering - 3 hrs. 200

Total of 1000 marks of paper will be conducted. After passing the exam they have to face interview and further test such as personality test and all.

So you have to prepare above things for the IES examination

For more information log on to UPSC web site www.upsc.gov.in

GOOD LUCK
21st February 2011, 08:55 PM
Unregistered

IS B.TECH OF IT BRANCH STUDENTS ARE ELIGIBLE TO IES.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?