6th April 2012, 10:35 AM
ritika rankawat

Guidance to prepare for IAS and IES Exams being a candidate pursuing 2nd year of BE in Civil Engineering? Previous 10 year Question Papers for these Exams?

hello sir,
i m student of B.E. 2nd year,civil engineering, i want to prepare for ies nd ias exam. i want ur precious guidance nd want u to send me last 10 year question paper on email address- [email protected]
i would be highly obliged to u..

Related Questions:
  1. Guidance to prepare for IES Exam being a candidate pursuing 2nd year of EEE course?
  2. Previous year question papers for M.Com 2nd semester exams?
  3. How to start preparation for IES Exam being a candidate of pursuing B.Tech 2nd year in Civil Engineering?
  4. How to start preparation for IES Exam being a candidate of pursuing 2nd year in Mechanical Engineering?
  5. Am I eligible to sit for IAS and IES Exams being a candidate of pursuing 4th year?
  6. Can I appear for IES and PSU Exams being a candidate of pursuing 3rd year of Engineering?
  7. Am I eligible for IAS and IPS Exams pursuing my 2nd year of MBBS? How to prepare for these exams? -- [Most Discussed]
  8. Government jobs related to ECE? -- [New]
  9. How to become an IAS being a candidate of pursuing 2nd year in Civil Engineering?
  10. IFS Civil Engineering (Paper I) Exam - Download Previous Years Question Papers
  11. What should I take up in future after B.E ECE between GATE, IES and IAS? Tips to prepare for the exam?
  12. How to prepare for IAS and IES? I am a 2nd year student of B.Tech Civil Engineering
  13. How do I prepare to become an IAS Officer pursuing BE in Civil Engineering?
  14. How to prepare for IAS Exam being a candidate pursuing 1st year of Engineering in IT stream?
  15. Previous year solved question papers of IES examination for civil engineering direct downloading link ???????
  16. Previous year solved Question Papers for IES Exam for Civil Engineering?
  17. Procedure and Required Eligibility criteria to give IAS Exam being a candidate pursuing MCA course? Where can I get the forms to apply for this Exam? Which Books should I refer for this Exam if my subject is Commerce?
  18. Previous 10 year Question Papers for IES Exam in Civil Engineering?
9th July 2012, 11:18 AM
sherleytwain
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Guidance to prepare for IAS and IES Exams being a candidate pursuing 2nd year of BE in Civil Engineering? Previous 10 year Question Papers for these Exams?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ritika rankawat View Post
hello sir,
i m student of B.E. 2nd year,civil engineering, i want to prepare for ies nd ias exam. i want ur precious guidance nd want u to send me last 10 year question paper on email address- [email protected]
i would be highly obliged to u..
First of all you must choose the optional subjects carefully only after reading out the syllabus. Subjects like civil engineering can create a problem because you will have to study a lot, instead if you are good in social science subjects then these are the best choice as the preparation is not tough

For General studies you can refer to the NCERT books of higher classes that will be enough. Besides these you can refer to some good weeklies or newspaper for current affairs.

THere is also an essay paper so you must develop language skills also. There general topics of GS and debates that have been popular in last 1 year may be given in the exam. However predicting the topic is not easy.
The essay will not be a very difficult one if you have good language skills then it will not be a problem.

Then again the optional papers, your choice must depend on the content and syllabus it means the content must be easily available to you and your interest and expertise also.

Anthropology has the smallest syllabus but for those who have not studied it, its not going to be easy to prepare.
If you good in any regional language or Hindi then you can take up literature.

You first concern will be your first optional because you will have to give exam for this both in Prelim and Main.

Also There will not be much time left after prelim for the Main exam. So you should study the main exam also
I mean you should not concentrate only on the prelim subjects before the prelim

As far as IES is concerned you should refer to the standard books for the preparation .
And in the end you should use some publications like GK or made easy for practicing old solved papers.

I am also attaching a list of best reference book for IES preparation for the subjects of civil engineering along with some old papers.
25th August 2012, 10:05 AM
Unregistered

Default Re: Guidance to prepare for IAS and IES Exams being a candidate pursuing 2nd year of BE in Civil Engineering? Previous 10 year Question Papers for these Exams?

respected sir, i wanted to ask u dat what is the standard of IES n in b.tech which subject we should prefer dat will b helpful in IES.??
15th February 2013, 11:36 PM
Unregistered

sir
i m persuading b-techin Electronics & communicationcurrently i am in third year.sir please answer me that can i apply in IES exam this year. in what manner i have to prepare for this means the subject overview
1st April 2014, 02:07 PM
Unregistered

Which is the best book for clearing ias as civil engiering as optional subject
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?