7th December 2018, 12:12 AM
Unregistered

Am I eligible to study PhD(Mathematics) at University of Cambridge being an MSc student? Procedure to apply?

Hello friends, I am a student of MSc Mathematics. I want to study my PhD program in my stream in University of Cambridge. Kindly tell me can I eligible? What are the process? How I get admission? Please let me know about this immediately.

12th December 2018, 05:04 PM
ppsahu
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible to study PhD(Mathematics) at University of Cambridge being an MSc student? Procedure to apply?

University of Cambridge does offer PhD in the two mathematics departments:
1. PhD in Applied Mathematics & Theoretical Physics (DAMTP)
2. PhD in Pure Mathematics & Mathematical Statistics (DPMMS)(including the*Statistical Laboratory)

Eligibility for PhD in Applied Mathematics & Theoretical Physics (DAMTP):

Applicant must hold a 1st class honours degree, awarded after a four-year course in mathematics, physics or engineering, or a three-year degree together with a one-year postgraduate course on advanced applied mathematics and theoretical physics

Eligibility for PhD in Pure Mathematics & Mathematical Statistics (DPMMS):

Apply must hold a first class honours degree, after completing four-year course in mathematics or mathematics/statistics, or a three-year degree together with a one-year postgraduate course in those areas.

Being a student of MSc Mathematics from India, if meet the above mentioned qualification, you are eligible to study PhD(Mathematics) at University of Cambridge.

For more details visit;
https://apply.graduate.study.cam.ac....gin?dswid=9419

Last edited by ppsahu; 25th January 2019 at 08:43 PM. Reason: Remove *
12th December 2018, 05:08 PM
ppsahu
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible to study PhD(Mathematics) at University of Cambridge being an MSc student? Procedure to apply?

University of Cambridge does offer PhD in the two mathematics departments:
1. PhD in Applied Mathematics & Theoretical Physics (DAMTP)
2. PhD in Pure Mathematics & Mathematical Statistics (DPMMS)(including the*Statistical Laboratory)

Eligibility for PhD in Applied Mathematics & Theoretical Physics (DAMTP):

Applicant must hold a 1st class honours degree, awarded after a four-year course in mathematics, physics or engineering, or a three-year degree together with a one-year postgraduate course on advanced applied mathematics and theoretical physics

Eligibility for PhD in Pure Mathematics & Mathematical Statistics (DPMMS):

Apply must hold a*first class honours degree, after completing four-year course in mathematics or mathematics/statistics, or a three-year degree together with a one-year postgraduate course in those areas.

Being a student of MSc Mathematics from India, if meet the above mentioned qualification, you are eligible to study PhD(Mathematics) at University of Cambridge.

For admission into that program, you can apply online through the official website link i.e. https://apply.graduate.study.cam.ac....gin?dswid=9419

For more details visit:
https://www.maths.cam.ac.uk/postgrad/phd-degree
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?