16th February 2016, 10:17 AM
Unregistered

Can I do masters in US or continue working on the core domain?

Hey,
I have completed B.Tech in I.T, have also given GRE and TOEFL exams to get admitted to MS in MIS. Just want to know whether i should follow the same path of getting higher education with just one year of experience(presently working as G.E.T in steel manufacturing unit in SAP ABAP domain) or continue working on the same domain? Will work ex matter in fetching a job in the near future in US? FYI, i have been able to get I-20's from University of Texas at Dallas, Northeastern Uni. and Uni. of Maryland, college Park.

Besides this, if i stay over here in india what exit options i'll have from this job, because i heard that companies who have implemented SAP are migrating to JAVA instead of working on ABAP, is it true? What next to do to get proficient in SAP ABAp, do i need to do any certification for getting interview calls from good I.T companies?

20th February 2016, 03:00 AM
ArunavaBasu
Senior Member++++

Default Re: Can I do masters in US or continue working on the core domain?

As you are getting the opportunity to do MS from Abroad it is better to go for the course now considering you already have a year of experience in the job sector.
Work experience of one year will be enough to fetch a good job if you can do your MS from a good University so you what experience you have is enough.
Regarding the migration from SAP to JAVA there is no news on that front and the companies in general are sticking to what they do.
If you have a good CV you will be able to get interview calls from good IT Companies.
20th February 2016, 01:20 PM
SudeepKumarSaha
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I do masters in US or continue working on the core domain?

The call should be made as per your aspirations and future goals. It is definitely true that having a work experience of 2-3 years under your belt is definitely a plus point in getting admission in good universities for higher studies as well as in getting jobs in future since resume is enhanced. If you think that you can perform better in GRE and TOEFL and opt for better institutes then you should work hard with dedication to score better marks and opt for the top universities of the world. It is true that some companies are trying to migrate from SAP to Java after the recent update in Java. But this is not the case for every company. SAP has various modules and there are regular updates in them, hence both SAP and Java will not become out of market especially with the widely spread in various companies and sectors. You can go for advanced certification in SAP like Hana and Hadoop to enhance your portfolio if you want to stay in IT field for the next few years.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?