20th May 2020, 04:46 PM
Unregistered

What is the difference between TOEFL and IELTS?

Sir, I want to do my further education in the United Kingdom. I am a BBA(H) student and want to pursue my MBA in the United Kingdom. For this I know that I have to give IELTS. Because IELTS is a specific exam for UK universities. But I have heard that TOEFL is the exam which also provides admission in the USA. I want to know the differences between both exams.

30th May 2020, 08:44 PM
kuwaitjob

Default Re: What is the difference between TOEFL and IELTS?

1.The TOEFL is a language test for non-native English speakers and TOEFL only tests academic subjects.

2. IELTS academic option will have academic reading and writing sections combined with general listening and speaking sections

3.TOEFL is more commonly accepted by American institutions.

4.IELTS is more commonly accepted overseas, but many schools accept scores from either exam.
3rd June 2020, 03:32 PM
sonamwsingh

TOEFL - stand for mastery in the English language. The test is given for this. There are four sections of the test. English Speaking and English writing perfectly are compulsory. A passing score above 70 to 80 day by day is going harder.

IELTS - Is difficult than TOEFL. It costs less to give this exam compare to TOEFL. The process of the exam is almost seam. But the duration of the exam is less than the. TOEFL.
19th June 2020, 09:24 PM
ramsagarofficial

Most of the UK universities will accept TOEFL
1). The TOEFL is a language test for non native English speakers and is commonly used as an entrance exam at universities and graduate schools.
2). IELTS stand for International English Language Testing System, is an international standardised test of English language proficiency how strong you are IELTS will accept for both education and immigration process most of the countries will prifer IELTS only.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?