5th May 2020, 01:46 PM
Unregistered

What is the syllabus of IELTS 2020?

Hi Sir, I don’t have much idea about IELTS. All I know is, for Abroad admissions I need to clear this test. I am thinking of starting to start preparing for this test and I want to get the syllabus. Please help me to know about the syllabus of IELTS of this year. Waiting for your response!

7th May 2020, 05:25 PM
pearlrana
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: What is the syllabus of IELTS 2020?

Syllabus of IELTS 2020:-

The syllabus differs for IELTS academic and IELTS general tests. Both have four mandatory sections - listening, reading, writing and speaking.
While the syllabus for listening and speaking is the same for both the tests, it differs from reading and writing components. IELTS 2020 exam is designed to gauge the use of English language in the daily lives of the test takes; be it work, play or study. The results of IELTS 2020 are scored on a unique 9 - band scale.
Since the purpose of the two IELTS tests are different, candidates must be cautious while registering for IELTS test 2020.
Section of the IELTS 2020 test must be on the basis of Eligibility requirement of the institution or organisation they wish apply to.
8th May 2020, 09:24 PM
sachariah
Senior Member+++

Talking Re: What is the syllabus of IELTS 2020?

The IELTS Exam comprises of Listening, Reading, Writing and Speaking areas. As per the IELTS Syllabus 2020, the Listening and Speaking areas would be the equivalent for all the test-takers, in any case, for Academic and General Training test modules you may discover some distinction in the Reading and Writing modules.

Total duration : 2 hours 45minutes

Reading : 60 minutes
Listening : 40 minutes
writing : 60 minutes
speaking : 11 to 14 minutes

Band score : 0 to 9

There are no eligibility criteria for IELTS
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?