18th April 2016, 01:22 PM
Unregistered

Whether Medical Council of India cancelled recognition of all Medical courses for Indian students in Abroad?

Hello,
I have heard that Medical Council of India MCI is cancelled the recognition of all medical courses of Abroad for Indian students. Is it true? I am looking to go USA for studying MBBS. I am worried now. Please tell me about this.

29th April 2016, 12:34 AM
SudeepKumarSaha
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Whether Medical Council of India cancelled recognition of all Medical courses for Indian students in Abroad?

No, it is not true that MCI has cancelled the recognition of all medical courses of Abroad for Indian students. MCI do not have any recognition as such and all foreign degree will be treated as null and void unless tested. You need to appear in the screening exam conducted by MCI to prove your eligibility to get the license to practice on the basis of your foreign degree. On clearing the screening exam followed by a short interview, your degree will be recognized and you will be given the license to practice.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?