3rd August 2014, 09:59 PM
Unregistered

Am I eligible to apply for AMIE if completed B.Tech(CE) from distance education?

Dear sir,
I am completed B Tech civil engineering
in RVD University through distance education .
I am applied AMIE in The Institution of Engineers[India].
They reject my application. please reply i am elegible for got AMIE?
Thank you

17th August 2014, 11:49 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible to apply for AMIE if completed B.Tech(CE) from distance education?

You are already an Engineer and still going for AMIE. I don't think it is a wise decision to go for another Engineering degree. You can go for Master or go for any job in private sector or government sector.

The reason your application was rejected because you are already a Graduate Engineer. AMIE is for those who want to become a Graduate Engineer and not for those who are already an Engineer.

So, it will be better for you to go for exams like GATE so that you can get admission in M.Tech if you want to study further. You can also go for MBA course but for getting admission into top MBA college you have to crack exams like CAT, MAT, XAT, GMAT etc.

You can also apply for CSIR NET if you have got 60% marks in your B.Tech, if you have interest in becoming lecturer or want to enter research field in engineering. There are many option available for your but you have to choose the right path.

Regards,
Ajay Gupta
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?