7th October 2015, 10:21 PM
Unregistered

Can I join NDA being a Diploma Electrical Engineer?

Sir,
I am Diploma holder in Electrical Engineering. Can I join NDA? Please let me know asap. Thank you!

10th October 2015, 12:17 PM
Saikiranreddy47475
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I join NDA being a Diploma Electrical Engineer?

To be eligible to join in NDA, you must have to satisfy the eligibility criteria mentioned below :-

1. You must be a citizen of India.

2. You must have completed 12th standard or equivalent from a recognised board.

3. You must be in between 16 1/2 to 19 years old.

4. You must be an Unmarried Male candidate.

5. You must be Physically fit as per physical standards mentioned in the UPSC NDA examination notification.

As per UPSC NDA examination notification, only candidates who have completed 12th standard or equivalent from a recognised board are eligible to join NDA. Being a Diploma holder, you are not eligible to join NDA.
10th October 2015, 05:01 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

For NDA you need 12th pass qualification and your age should be between 16.5 to 19 years. Diploma engineering candidates are not eligible for it. You have to look for other options if you are a diploma engineering pass out.

If you have 12th qualification along with your diploma and fulfill the age criteria then you can apply for it.
10th October 2015, 06:29 PM
Aswiniteju
Senior Member+++++

No, being a Diploma Candidate you are not eligible to appear or join in NDA Examination. The minimum educational qualification required to be eligible for appearing in National Defense Academy examination is "12th Class" from a recognized only in 10+2 pattern. Whereas, Diploma is a educational qualification which is in the pattern of 10+3 and so you are not eligible to join NDA. The basic educational qualification required are given below.

<> Intermediate or 12th Class - In 10+2 pattern - Eligible

<> Diploma or Polytechnic - In 10+3 pattern - Not Eligible

Since Diploma course is in 10+3 pattern, you are not certainly eligible to appear in NDA Examination. I am once again sorry to say that, Diploma holders are not eligible to join NDA Examination.
10th October 2015, 07:57 PM
taputanya
Senior Member+++++

Eligibility criteria to appear in NDA:

Minimum qualification required to appear in the test is 12th with physics, chemistry , maths and English as compulsory subjects.

Age 16.5- 19 years only.

Candidates more than 19 years can't apply for NDA.
11th October 2015, 12:39 AM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Sir,
I am Diploma holder in Electrical Engineering. Can I join NDA? Please let me know asap. Thank you!
Yes, diploma candidates are eligible for NDA exam in Technical Section.

NDA stands for National Defence Service exam. NDA Examination is conducted for 3 wings-Indian Air Force, Indian Navy and Indian Army.

The candidate's who have completed the 12th standard from a recognized board or equivalent exam are eligible for NDA exam. Final year of 12th standard candidate are eligible for NDA exam.

Your age should be in between to 16.5 years to 19.5 years. There is no age relaxation for SC/ST candidates.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?