29th October 2016, 08:51 PM
Unregistered

Is it possible to do MCA/BCA after diploma in computer engineering?

I have a doubt ,i want to get mca qualification..now i completed my diploma in computer engineering course. is it possible to da MCA after diploma? Can you please provide me the details on the same? What is the criteria followed for the same? Awaiting for the response.

30th October 2016, 01:04 PM
TLSAAAA
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Is it possible to do MCA/BCA after diploma in computer engineering?

No, you are not eligible to get the admission in the MCA course after diploma degree. But, you are eligible to get the admission in the BCA course after diploma in Computer Science course.

BCA stands for Bachelor of Computer Application and it is three year course and after the completion of degree you will be eligible to get the admission in the MCA.

So, you have to appear and qualify in the entrance examination to get the admission in the BCA course.
30th October 2016, 01:24 PM
Careerexpert
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I have a doubt ,i want to get mca qualification..now i completed my diploma in computer engineering course. is it possible to da MCA after diploma? Can you please provide me the details on the same? What is the criteria followed for the same? Awaiting for the response.

The candidates after completion of Diploma in Computer Engineering can study BCA course in some colleges. The candidate who has successfully completed a three year Diploma in Computer Science or Information Technology from a State Board of Technical Education after 10th Class is eligible for the admission to BCA course. After completion of BCA one can join MCA course. The course is available in the following colleges;

GLS University - Official Website

ICE College - Official Website
30th October 2016, 06:56 PM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
After completion of Diploma in Computer Engineering, you are not eligible for MCA course.

Those candidates who have completed B.Tech/B.E in CSE/IT, BCA, B,Sc in CS/IT, B.Sc in Mathematics are eligible for MCA course in JNU.

Your age should be above 17 years.
30th October 2016, 07:50 PM
Saikiranreddy47475
Senior Member+++++

No, it is not possible to do MCA course after completion of your Diploma course. To be eligible to pursue MCA course, you should have obtained Bachelor's degree or equivalent in any discipline from a recognised university. So, you need to pursue B.E/ B.Tech course after completion of your Diploma course, so, that you are eligible to pursue MCA course.
30th October 2016, 10:25 PM
ishteaque
Senior Member+++++

No, I am sorry to say that you cannot get admission in BCA/MCA after completion of your diploma course as there is no such provision for it. The minimum eligibility criteria to opt for BCA course is that the candidate should have completed his/her 12th board education from a recognized board and for MCA course, the candidate should have completed graduation.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?