14th March 2018, 05:03 PM
Unregistered

Is it possible to join NIT after completing diploma? What is the procedure?

Hi, I am Gaurav Kumar, pursuing a diploma in a reputed institution. I’d like to know the detailed procedure to secure admission for the 2nd year in NIT after completing the diploma course. Can you kindly reply to this email address? Thanks.

8th May 2018, 08:41 AM
Saikiranreddy47475
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Is it possible to join NIT after completing diploma? What is the procedure?

Sorry, to say that it is not possible to get admission in second year of Engineering course in NIT after completion of your Diploma course. Diploma holders are not eligible to get lateral entry admission in NIT. NITs doesn't offer lateral entry admissions in Engineering course. So, being a Diploma holder, you can't get admission in NIT for pursuing Engineering course.
8th May 2018, 07:32 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Is it possible to join NIT after completing diploma? What is the procedure?

NITs don't offer lateral entry admission and there is no entrance exam for such admission. You can only get admission in first year through JEE Main.

Hence, you have to appear for JEE Main, if you are a diploma holder and want to get admission in NIT for your engineering degree.
9th May 2018, 02:07 PM
Ishaquekhan
Senior Member+++++

I am sorry to say that you cannot join NITs after the completion of Diploma course in the relevant field as NITs does not offer admission to the Diploma holder candidates directly from the 2nd year of the degree course.
In order to study B.Tech course from IITs and NITs, candidates must have to complete their class 12th examination in Science stream studying PCM as a subject combination from a recognized University with a minimum of 75% of marks in it.
After completing class 12th, candidates must have to undergo the entrance examination, qualifying in which they can get admission to study B.Tech course in the relevant field.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?