15th April 2015, 07:01 PM
Unregistered

How can I apply for Education Loan if my parents are retired?

Sir,
I have got admission in FT ranked Global B-School but I have required education loan which is not an easy task as my parents are retired and without their working I cannot get loan as guarantor. I cannot put unnecessary burden on them. Is there any way out?

Related Questions:
  1. Can I get Bank Education Loan of Rs. 20 Lacs to study MS in USA if my mother is a retired Government School Teacher and having own house of Rs. 50 Lacs?
  2. How to get education loan? From which bank at lowest interest? Minimum salary of parents required for loan? -- [Most Discussed]
  3. Can I get Education Loan of Rs. 6 Lacs to study MBA if my father is a retired Government Serviceman and a Pensioner?
  4. Is it true that Canara bank is providing full interest subsidy education loan?
  5. Whether a 3rd Party Guarantor must be an Account Holder of Bank for taking Education Loan? Is documents necessary to show by the Guarantor? A retired person can be a Guarantor?
  6. Will I get loan for 3rd and 4th year if have backlog in 2nd year?
  7. Why do Poor always fail to Get a Study Loan or Entry In some Colleges?
  8. What kind of Education Loan is provided to MBA aspirant?
  9. Can i apply for Education loan through distance education
  10. Bank loan for daughter's studies on parents responsibility?
  11. Eligibility to apply for Bank Education Loan to study MS in UK and US?
  12. How can I get Bank Education Loan to study B.Tech?
  13. Which Bank sponsored Education Loan of Rs. 18 Lacs to study MS in India? Documents required to apply?
  14. Will college help me in getting an Education Loan for MBA?
  15. Is it possible to get education loan for pursuing MS if my parents can't afford it?
  16. Can I apply for Bank Education Loan to study B.Tech(Aeronautical Engineering) in Massachusetts Institute of Technology?
  17. Am I eligible for any Education loan or scholarship? Can I get any A.P. state scholarship under OBC?
  18. Where should I apply for Education Loan if want to study MBBS in Bangalore and belongs to Bihar? Detailed information about Bank Education Loan?
15th June 2015, 10:00 AM
ArunavaBasu
Senior Member++++

Default Re: How can I apply for Education Loan if my parents are retired?

You will be provided the Loan if you can show something that can work as a mortgage.
If you have any property that you can show to the Bank as a mortgage in case you cannot payback the Loan.
If you can provide this you will be provided the Loan otherwise the chances of you getting a Loan is very slim.
Since your parents are retired this is the only option that you have.
If you have someone you know working in the Banking Sector then there is a chance.
Otherwise there is no other option left for you but to take the Loan by showing a mortgage.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?