9th September 2015, 08:20 PM
Unregistered

Need information about Tax Rebate provided against Education Loan?

Sir,

My name Sohaan Kaushik and I am working in CCL. I have taken an Education Loan of Rs. 2.2 Lacs from United Bank of India for my son who is pursuing MBA from Symbiosis. I have heard about Tax Rebate from one of my colleague. Can you tell me about this in details.

Related Questions:
  1. Can I get Tax Rebate against Education Loan of Rs. 6.2 Lacs if working in CCL?
  2. How can I claim for Tax Rebate against Education Loan taken by my Father-in-Law for my wife's education?
  3. Can I get Tax Rebate against Education Loan if paying interest of Rs. 12947 per month?
  4. Education Loan is provided for B.Ed course as well? -- [Most Discussed]
  5. Can I get any benefit in Income Tax against Education Loan to study in Abroad?
  6. Can I get Tax Deduction if taking Education Loan of Rs. 3,50,000 Lacs?
  7. Whether Income Tax File is necessary to apply for Education Loan to study MDS?
  8. Schemes provided by Banks for Education Loan to study in B.Tech?
  9. Can i get education loan from SBI for studying in Sinhagad Institute of Pharmacy? -- [Most Discussed]
  10. Can I get education loan for Air hostess training? What are the rules and formalities for applying education loan?
  11. What kind of Education Loan is provided to MBA aspirant? -- [Most Discussed]
  12. Is education loan provided for BA LLB from NLUs? Terms and conditions of it?
  13. Can I apply for Education Loan for higher education if completed B.E. with Bank Education Loan? -- [Most Discussed]
  14. Can I apply for Education Loan from 2 Banks of Rs. 22 Lacs to study in Australia? Detailed information about Margin of Education Loan?
  15. How many scholarship(Assistantship) will be provided by the government or others for GMAT qualified students? Is there any loan provided by banks on the basis of education?
  16. Education Loan to study M.Sc in Nursing course?
  17. Is it possible to present my Brother-In-Law as a Guarantor to apply for Education Loan due to my father's death?
  18. Can i get education loan even after failing in Ist semester?
12th September 2015, 12:51 AM
SudeepKumarSaha
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Need information about Tax Rebate provided against Education Loan?

Yes, you have heard the right thing. You can get income tax rebate on the basis of the education loan taken for your son. However, the prime condition is you should be co-borrower of the education loan and pay interest to the bank. You need to get the proof of this from the bank and provide this at the time of filing your income tax.
15th September 2015, 09:50 PM
ArunavaBasu
Senior Member++++

Default Re: Need information about Tax Rebate provided against Education Loan?

You will be provided a Tax Rebate on the basis of the Loan that was sanctioned on your behalf for your son.
Once you take a Loan and you start paying the Installment for the Loan amount there is Income Tax benefit that is provided to the person who has taken the Loan.
The total amount paid by you for the Loan will be excluded from the Taxable income bracket and the total tax that you have to pay will be lesser than what you would have paid had you not taken the Loan.
This is the benefit you are entitled to for on taking the Educational Loan for your son.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?