29th March 2023, 08:36 PM
Unregistered

Percentage vs credit percentage

I am doing btech from IP university,,in 1st sem i got 71% but IP university on marksheet gives credit %{ credit system applied by IP university} which makes my percentage 66%, my questn is that when applying for PSU's will my credit % will be considered or my simple %[ scored mrks/total marks*100]????

and one more doubt do we have to get above 65% in all semesters or our average % of all semester should be above 65% for PSU's

31st March 2023, 08:57 AM
Shantanubose22

Default Re: Percentage vs credit percentage

• Percentage vs Credit percentage:-

>> Percentages is to compare one quantity against another, with the second quantity rebased to 100.

>> Credit percentage is the total percentage calculated from the sum of marks obtained in all the subjects divided by the sum of maximum possible marks of each subject (n), which is multiplied by 100.
31st March 2023, 05:40 PM
SheldonPatrickEverson

Default Re: Percentage vs credit percentage

When applying for PSU jobs, the selection process may vary depending on the specific PSU and the job position you are applying for. However, in general, most PSUs require candidates to have a certain minimum percentage of marks in their qualifying degree.

In your case, it's likely that PSUs will consider your overall percentage based on the marks you scored in each semester, rather than just your credit percentage. This is because when evaluating academic qualifications, PSUs typically consider the overall performance of the candidate across all semesters.

Regarding the minimum percentage requirement, this can also vary depending on the specific PSU and the job position you are applying for. Some PSUs may require candidates to have a minimum of 65% marks in each semester, while others may consider an average percentage across all semesters. It's best to check with the specific PSU for their eligibility criteria before applying for any job position.

In summary, while your credit percentage may be important for your university evaluation, it's likely that PSUs will consider your overall percentage calculated from the marks obtained in each semester. And the minimum percentage requirement can vary depending on the PSU and job position you're applying for.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?