5th June 2017, 12:01 PM
Unregistered

Is 10th marksheet mandatory to apply for IAS exam in future?

Is 10th marksheet mandatory to apply for IAS exam in future? I lost it recently and I don't know how to get it back. Will it be ok to apply for IAS exam without the original marksheet and use just the photocopy? Can you please guide me on this? Thank you!

5th June 2017, 04:30 PM
Doctor Tom
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Is 10th marksheet mandatory to apply for IAS exam in future?

Don't worry if you have lost your 10th standard mark sheet. You will get it back if you follow this procedure. Firstly you have to write a letter to your School regional office notifying about your lost of 10th marksheet. Give them a valid reason about the lost. If they will approve it, they will send you a form you have to fill in order to apply for the duplicate copy of marksheet of 10th standard. After filling the form you have to send it back to the original address. And within two three months they will send you the duplicate copy of your 10th marksheet.
Either you can also consult your school and your school may also provide help.
5th June 2017, 09:08 PM
AWNISH RANJAN CHAUDHARY
Senior Member+++++

It is not mandatory to apply for Indian Administrative Services examination but it will be needed at time of interview for verification of all academic documents.

How to get back?

Write an application seeking new marksheet to your board. Board will re issue your marksheet for standard tenth. Regional center of board will help you in this matter.
5th June 2017, 10:37 PM
mrghost
Member+

Yes, 10th certificate is mandatory for IAS exam.

Documents required for IAS exam:

> Class 10th marksheet and certificate
> Class 12th marksheet and certificate
> Your graduation degree and marksheet
6th June 2017, 12:21 AM
rachna sarswat
Senior Member+

No, 10th mark sheet is not mandatory for IAS exam. You will need your mark sheet of graduation only. Your college mark sheet is mandatory for this exam. Thanks
6th June 2017, 11:20 AM
help100%

Don't worry if your 10th mark sheet is lost, pay a visit to your nearest police station and file a GD i.e General Diary and then with GD photocopy and with a request letter apply to the prospective regional centre of the board and within a month you will be receiving your duplicate certificate against a small fees.

At initial level the scrutiny of the documents are not done, only photocopy is enough but once you reach the interview level at that time the verification of the documentation will be done and your 10th certificate in original is needed.
6th June 2017, 06:42 PM
Career Expert
Senior Member+++++

Yes, it is mandatory to have 10th standard marks sheet to apply for IAS examination. During the IAS recruitment process, you need to show your original 10th standard marks sheet to the recruitment team and submit a photocopy of it. If you have lost your 10th standard original marksheet then, you can apply for new marksheet​ by visiting your 10th standard school or by directly contacting the main board, so, that you can get new 10th standard marks sheet and without any problem, you can apply for IAS examination.
6th June 2017, 08:09 PM
taputanya
Senior Member+++++

Let me make you sure that, 10th standard marksheet is necessary everywhere and in every field of your life because it is a proof of your age. But you need not to worry about it because there is a procedure through which you can get your duplicate marksheet of 10th standard. Follow the given below procedure to get duplicate marksheet:

1). Write a letter to the regional office of your school board about lost of your 10th marksheet with a valid reason. You can get the address from your school or either from School website.

2). After that they will send you a form which you will have to fill completely and send it back to same regional office.

3) After a month or two they will send you a duplicate mark sheet on your given address.

4) If you do not want to do this much then you can directly contact to your school office.
29th July 2021, 09:51 AM
Unregistered

I have lost my class 10 marksheet, is it required to upload on DAF? I will get it back before interview
18th March 2022, 06:48 AM
Unregistered

I have lost my 10th marksheet but I have the duplicate copy issued by the central board of secondary education,so would it create any problem while document verification for UPSC
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?