29th May 2015, 06:22 PM
Unregistered

Default Re: Who is an NRI student? If a student studies till 10th abroad and studies his 11th and 12th in India then is he eligible for exams under normal category?

Sir my question is if one of the parent is aboard and my son studies his 11and 12th from India will he be eligible for NRI quota

Related Questions:
  1. Whether a candidate studied till 10th standard in Abroad but completed 12th in India is eligible for entrance exams under normal category?
  2. Which students are considered as NRI?
  3. Normal quota jobs in India for NRI?
  4. What would be the status between NRI and Normal category of an Indian genre candidate of Oman to get B.Sc admission? -- [New]
  5. What is the scope of becoming an NRI? If someone goes to higher studies in abroad are called as an NRI?
  6. Will I be considered as NRI if I have completed 10th in abroad and 11th, 12th from India?
  7. Is a candidate passed 10th from abroad and 12th from Tamil Nadu, eligible for NRI quota? What's the eligibility criteria for Tamil nadu engineering college counselling?
  8. Am I eligible for EAMCET if I have studied in abroad till 10th grade?
  9. Scholarship exams to study Undergraduate courses in Abroad for 12th student?
  10. How to go abroad for studies after 12th? I am pursuing MBBS
  11. How may I get a seat in Merit list? How can I avail NRI quota? I'm getting my education in Gulf and want to do higher studies in India
  12. Whether a student is considered an NRI if studying in Abroad?
  13. Upto which standard a candidate can study in Abroad to remain a Local candidate of India?
  14. For NRI students studying abroad in CBSE
  15. Will i come under NRI quota as i have done 10th in abroad?
  16. How many preceding year a student has to study in Tamil Nadu for qualifying Normal quota?
  17. Whether an Indian domicile of Singapore can study further in India after completion of 10th under normal category?
  18. Till which class a student can study in Abroad? To avoid NRI quota in which class he should come back to India?
25th June 2015, 05:19 PM
Unregistered

Default Re: Who is an NRI student? If a student studies till 10th abroad and studies his 11th and 12th in India then is he eligible for exams under normal category?

Can NRI student after one year change to local quota if parents relocate to India?
2nd July 2015, 11:07 PM
Unregistered

My daughter has got british passport and she is studying in india from 4th std , and she will study in india upto 12th std , will she be eligible to take common entrance exam. Please help!
28th July 2015, 12:54 AM
Unregistered

Sir, my son was born in the UK and is a British citizen. But he came to India and joined 6th standard in India CBSE. From 6 th standard to 12 th standard he has been studying in India. So he can apply either as a local candidate or he can choose to be an NRI . Is both options available now?
28th July 2015, 12:56 AM
Unregistered

Sir, my son was born in the UK and is a British citizen. But he came to India and joined 6th standard in India CBSE. From 6 th standard to 12 th standard he has been studying in India. So he can apply either as a local candidate or he can choose to be an NRI . Is both options available now?
10th August 2015, 08:11 PM
Unregistered

Sir,
My son studying in the Saudi Arabia right from his child hood and now he is in the 9th standard (CBSE), can he continue till his 10th then he would join in any telangana junior college for 11th and 12th, In this scenario can he be considered in a regular category? Please answer my query as i am bit worried about his studies....Thanks a lot
18th August 2015, 02:21 PM
Unregistered

MY FRINEND STUDYING MBBS FROM RUSSIA, HE TOOK ADMISSION IN 2012, WILL HE COME NRI CATEGORY ?
2nd November 2015, 06:30 PM
Unregistered

My son is studying in India since kindergarten and continue to study in India and he is in CBSE final years. He born in India and never went outside India. He attained USA citizen
ship by birth thru his father. He intend to apply for MBBS. Can he apply under NORMAL category or NRI. Previously I read above a person live & study in India more than four years come under normal catgory
4th December 2015, 04:33 PM
Unregistered

my daughter studied class 5 to class 12 in Maharashtra. Will she be a local candidate for MHT-CET
27th December 2015, 08:15 PM
Unregistered

My son studied till 5th standard in India, Maharashtra then till 12th abroad, Can he appear EAMCET under normal quota.
Will he be treated as local or non local candidate. When Parents graduated from Andhar Pradesh, their certificates be treated as local for the student..
28th December 2015, 07:06 PM
Unregistered

My daughter born & studying now 8th at Dubai, we planning to put her in 11th and 12th after two years (after completing 10) in Tamilnadu, India then is she eligible for exams under normal category?
We have house, EB, Ration card & voter ID in Chennai.
30th December 2015, 05:33 PM
Unregistered

I am working in Muscat, Oman and wanted to shift my family there.

I have 3 daughters and they are studying now in Narayana Concept School in Hyderabad in the following respective classes.
1) 10th Std (completing 10 years in AP, India)
2) 8th Std (completing 8 years in AP, India)
4) 4th std ( completing 4 years in AP, India)

Please let me know if I relocate my children in Oman for the following classes,
1) 11th Std
2) 9th Std
3) 5th Std.
Then whether the eldest one can completed 12th in Oman and can she appear for Eamcet in Telangana?

Or can she continued there in Oman for Medical stream in Oman itself?

Appreciate your positive response
21st January 2016, 05:01 PM
Unregistered

My son study till 10th in Saudi Arabia and he has been completed 11,12 and BSC in India for further MCA will he will normal category or NRI. Please advise urgent request...
29th January 2016, 02:22 PM
Unregistered

My Daughter studying 7th standard and willing to pursue medicine. Can I know what is the minimum study years required to get eligibility to claim local status.
26th February 2016, 02:30 PM
ஈஉமே

Default Re: Who is an NRI student? If a student studies only9th& 10th abroad and studies his 11th and 12th in India then is he eligible for exams under normal category and also come in normal category.does he come in tamil nadu medical counseling.

Dear sir,my son did his 5th to 8th in mangalore.9&10th in muscat.(abroad) .11&12th going to study in tamil nadu.my question is, does he come in normal quota or NRI.quota.does he come in tamil nadu medical or engineering counseling.please clear my doubt.
31st March 2016, 10:51 AM
Unregistered

My daughter born in India and her schooling has been done (CBSE ) in Malaysia.Now she wants to do her higher studies in India.How to get the admission in General category?
7th April 2016, 08:02 AM
Unregistered

My daughter studied till 5th standard in India karnataka St. Joseph's convent ,n then we shifted to Oman n she's studying in 9th std now, , will she be considered NRI if she does her 10th here in Oman ,or would it be correct to shift her to India for classes X, XI, XII,

Kindly please reply today itself, very urgent
9th April 2016, 10:24 PM
Unregistered

Dear Sir,
We are belongs to Hyderabad in India and staying in Dubai at present.
My son is studying in Dubai from grade 3 and he is in grade 8 now. I would like him to participate in IIT/ JEE / EMASET in engineering or MBBS in general quota only (Not in NRI quota).
If he study from grade 9 to 12th in India, will he be able to join under normal quota as he studying 4 years over there?
Or he must have 4 years of study in high school i.e. 7 to 10th grade, please clarify me.
17th April 2016, 02:40 PM
Unregistered

I studied 5th standard to 10th standard in u a e. Now I want to study 11th & 12 th standard in Andhra Pradesh, India. Can I come in normal catagory for EMCET?
20th April 2016, 06:19 PM
Unregistered

Dear sir,
My son studying in Malaysia under CBSE stream . If he complete 10th standard in Malaysia under CBSE and he will study 11 and 12th standard in Tamilnadu, then which category he will come under? NRI or normal category
21st April 2016, 03:08 AM
Unregistered

My son joined 10th grade in u.s .but now he wants to continue the 11 in india in matriculation if any attestation or transcription is needed in india
27th April 2016, 02:53 PM
Unregistered

my son completed CBSE 10 th in India and now doing 12 th in saudi. Is he eligible for kerala engineering in general merit.
8th May 2016, 06:54 PM
Unregistered

my son studied up to 1st standard in India now 2nd to 10 standard he was in Kuwait. please reply me whether he can fall in normal category or NRI after 10 standard
28th May 2016, 11:15 PM
Unregistered

My daughter will pass 10 2 from Embassy of India school, Moscow. Can she give the MBBS exam in India?
30th June 2016, 04:00 PM
Unregistered

My husband is working in abroad &I'm staying with my children in India. My question is that if after completion of 10 th we want to study 11th&12 in abroad. Is my child is able for NRI quota or Indian quota.
22nd November 2016, 01:48 AM
Unregistered

I have studied till 10th abroad and have done my 11th and 12 th in India..do I come under NRI quota for NEET 2017
28th December 2016, 02:48 AM
Unregistered

My daughter is in9th and will do 10th in UAE and 12in india will
She be considered as Nri
7th January 2017, 07:40 PM
Unregistered

My son completed his 9th in Saudi and he wants repeat his 9th grade in India again
9th January 2017, 02:57 AM
Unregistered

How many years are compulsory for normal category to apply eamcet
22nd January 2017, 05:58 PM
Unregistered

How can i get admission in engineering college for my son who is doing cbse 12th in Dubai?
7th February 2017, 06:14 PM
Unregistered

If my daughter studies 8th class in UAE, will she come under NRI or normal category?
1st March 2017, 12:02 AM
Unregistered

My son studied from nursery to 8th std in India and 9th and 10th in Dubai and now planning to shift in India again for 11th and 12th then my son can be consider under which category? NRI or Normal please reply urgent please
5th April 2017, 12:52 PM
Unregistered

My son born in USA. So he is a citizen of USA. But he is studying in India since 1st grade. He is studying 12th now.Both parents are Indians. Does he comes under NRI category?
9th June 2017, 12:37 AM
Unregistered

My son studied from 3-10th in USA, He will do his 11th 12th in India, will he be eligible for open category admission for Medical school,after giving NEET?
29th June 2017, 01:35 PM
Unregistered

what are the documents required from NRI students for first year degree college?
16th July 2017, 03:14 PM
Unregistered

My daughter studied from cbse grade 1 to grade 9 in Dubai-UAE. Now she is studying CBSE Grade 10 to Grade 12 in India. How she will treat as Normal category or NRI category?
19th October 2017, 04:42 PM
Unregistered

My elder son is studying in 9th standard in Saudi, if he studies from 10th onwards in India is he considered as a local candidate ? Second one is studying in 6th standard , if he studies in India from 7th onwards , is he considered as a local candidate? Thank you.
6th March 2018, 09:35 PM
Unregistered

My son has studied in Oman till 10th std under CBSE board. Now he is studying in India for 2. Is he eligible under normal category..
3rd May 2018, 02:40 PM
Unregistered

My son studied from 1-5th std in India and 6th to 10th in UAE. Then again 11th and 12th in India. Will he be eligible to apply in normal category.
20th May 2018, 02:47 AM
Unregistered

My son studied upto 2nd class in India and from 3rd class to 10th class studied in Saudi Arabia. If he study 11th and 12th in India then he will get admission in noral category or NRI category for professional studies
26th May 2018, 05:46 PM
Unregistered

How many minimum years of education in India is required to be considered as Non NRI and eligible for entrance exams under normal category. Also How much fee difference between NRI and Normal category in professional courses , is that like 2 -3 times.
2nd June 2018, 06:48 PM
Unregistered

My son studied till 10th in UAE and then 11 12 he is studying in Karnataka. While applying for NEET entrance, should he chose NRI or General category under such circumstance. Please assist.
6th June 2018, 01:18 AM
Unregistered

I have studied 4 years abroad including 9th 10th 11th 12th. I studied until 8th std in India. Do I still fall under NRI category?
6th June 2018, 01:29 AM
Valli nachi

I studied 4 years abroad(9th,10th,11th,12th std). I studied in India until 8th std (11 years). Do i still fall under NRI category?
12th July 2018, 07:27 PM
Unregistered

Hi, My son was studying in India till 3rd Standard after that we moved to Singapore for last 5 years. He is still studying in CBSE School in Singapore. We are planing to come back next year i.e. 9th Standard. Please let us know if he is considered as NRI student. None of his parents are Singapore passport holder or having Permanent Resident status in Singapore.

Please guide.
2nd August 2018, 06:35 PM
Unregistered

All his life my son has studied in india but is oci card holder is he eligible for normal government quota in india for professional courses
8th November 2018, 12:23 AM
Unregistered

My daughter has studied in Dubai till 9th, and she is doing her grade 10 to 12th in Tamil Nadu, India. This year she is studying grade 12 in India. I have filled NEET application in normal category. Pls advise, she will come in which category?
30th November 2018, 01:51 PM
Unregistered

I studied in India till my 10th grade, But due to my parent's job in Oman,I had to do my 11th and 12th grade in an Indian based CBSE school in Oman. So does the make me an NRI or can I apply in normal quota?
5th December 2018, 01:54 PM
Unregistered

Me and my wife both are locals. My daughter has born in UAE and studied till 10th there. now she is doing her 11th & 12th in India. Is she consider as local student or not. will she get seat in general category or not.....
17th December 2018, 05:09 PM
Unregistered

Please clearfication my son studied 1std to 5 th std India 6th std to 12th std abrod what is the eligible
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?