22nd October 2011, 02:07 AM
GALAXYY

Default Re: Syllabus for PhD Entrace Exam in Computer Science and Engineering?

dear friend,

1.>Discrete Structures

2.>Computer Arithmetic

3.>Programming in C and C++

4.>Computer Networks

5.>System Software and Compilers

6.>Operating Systems

7.>UNIX: The Unix System:

8.>Current Trends and Technologies

9.>Parallel Computing

For the details follow the attachment.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Computer_Science phd.pdf(112.7 KB, 275 views)

Related Questions:
  1. Syllabus for PhD entrance exam in Computer science and engineering?
  2. Syllabus for PhD entance exam in Computer science and engineering?
  3. List of exams to give for doing Ph.D in Computer Science in best universities?
  4. Syllabus for NET PhD entrance exam in Computer Science and engineering? -- [New]
  5. Am I eligible for admission in Engineering having gap of one year between 12th and B.Sc? Which type of engineering can I do and which type of entrance exam to give?
  6. Is there any discrimination between Ph.D in computer science and Ph.D in computer science and engineering
  7. Syllabus for phd Computer Science and Engineering entrance exam of pondicherry university
  8. JNU offer PhD in Computer Science course to M.Tech(CSE) candidate? Detailed information about JNU PhD entrance exam?
  9. Entrance exams to be given for doing PhD in Computer Science related subjects?
  10. Best way to do PhD in Computer Science or Software Engineering?.
  11. Books and syllabus for integrated PhD in Computer Science at IISc?
  12. When the application forms of DU, IP, DTU and IIT will be published for Ph.D in Computer Science programme? Syllabus of Ph.D in Computer Science programme?
  13. Syllabus and suitable books to prepare for IISC Integrated PhD entrance exam to study PhD in Computer Science and Automation/Computer Science?
  14. PhD entrance question paper for computer science
  15. How can I prepare to crack JNU PhD entrance exam? Computer Science syllabus for preparation?
  16. Can I do Ph.D in Computer Science after completing MS?
  17. Allahabad University offers PhD in Computer Science and Engineering?
  18. What is the syllabus followed for Ph.D course? Can someone please give me the information on the same?
5th November 2011, 10:50 PM
Unregistered

please any one can send me the syllabus of computer science phd entrance test in kakatiya university
7th November 2011, 04:02 PM
rudramishra

Mathematical Techniques

Linear Algebra: Matrix algebra; Systems of Linear Equations; Eigen Values and Eigenvectors.
Calculus: Functions of Single Variable; Limit, Continuity and Differentiability; Mean value Theorems; Evaluation of Definite and Improper Integrals; Partial derivatives, Total Derivative, Maxima and Minima, Gradient, Divergence and Curl, Vector Identities, Directional Derivatives, Line, Surface and Volume Integrals, Stokes, Gauss and Green’s Theorems.
Differential equations: First Order Equations (Linear and Nonlinear); Higher Order Linear Differential Equations with Constant Coefficients; Initial and Boundary Value Problems, Laplace and Fourier Transforms; Solutions of one Dimensional Diffusion and wave Equations and Laplace Equation.
Complex variables: Analytic Functions; Cauchy’s Integral Theorem; Taylor and Laurent Series; Residue Theorem.
Probability and Statistics: Definitions of Probability and Sampling Theorems; Conditional Probability; Mean, Median, Mode and Standard Deviation; Random Variables; Poisson, Normal and Binomial Distributions. Least Squares, Correlation and Regression and Covariance.
Numerical Methods: Numerical Solutions of Linear and Non-Linear Algebraic Equations; Finite Differences, Numerical Integration, Runga – Kutta Methods.

Part - II : Computer Science and Engineering
Data Structures :
Complexity of Algorithm. Algorithm Design Paradigms. Stack. Queues. Hash Table. Binary Search, AVL. Red-black. Splay. Skip. B-Trees. Skip-lists. Priority Queue. Graph: Shortest Path, MST, Depth-first and Breadth-first Algorithms. Advanced Sorting Methods. Multi-Dimensional, Kinetic Data Structures.
Algorithms :
Review of Set theory, Induction, Series Evaluation, and Algorithms. Algorithm Correctness and Efficiency. Growth of Functions. Amortized Analysis. Recurrences. Divide and Conquer. Backtracking. Dynamic Programming. Greedy Algorithm. Sorting. Search Pruning. Matrix Operations. String Matching. Computational Geometry. NP - Completeness. Heuristic Methods. Approximation Algorithm. Linear Programming.
Computation Theory :
Regular Languages and Finite Automata (Mealy, Moore, Hybrid FSM, Exposed FSM, Encapsulated FSM, Static State Instantiation FSM). Context free Languages and Pushdown Automata. Recursively Enumerable sets and Turing Machines. Undecidability.

Operating Systems :
Synchronization Mechanisms. Process Deadlocks. Resource Models. Local and Global states. Distributed Operating Systems. Event Ordering. Timestamps. Distributed Mutual Exclusion. Token and Non-token based Algorithms. Comparative Performance Analysis. Concurrency Control. Shared Memory. File Systems. Agreement Protocols for handling Processor Failures. Coordination of Processes and related Algorithms. Failure Handling and Recovery Mechanisms. Multiprocessor Operating Systems and related Thread Handlings.
Database Systems :
Review of Database Systems. Web-enabled Database Systems. Storage and File Structures. Indexing and Hashing. Concurrency. Recovery. Query Processing. Query Optimization. Object Oriented DBMS. Extended Relational Model. Spatial databases. Multimedia Databases. Distributed Databases. Active Databases. Temporal Databases. Deductive Databases. Mobile Databases.
High Performance Computer Architect
21st November 2011, 10:01 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by amit04051988 View Post
hi

sorry i can't tell you because you have not mentioned the university.....:-)

well, best of luck for you life
Can you mail hte same to [email protected] for anna university coimbatore.
29th January 2012, 12:45 PM
Unregistered

pls send the syllabus of phd entrance test in iit
30th January 2012, 10:30 AM
Mohandas Parthiban

Default Syllabus for PhD Entrace Exam in Computer Science and Engineering?

Quote:
Originally Posted by faiyaz View Post
I have that give here your e-mail id so, that i can forward it to you.
I like to do PhD in computer engineering in anna university chennai. i need syllabus and model question and answers also the way to get PhD enrollment. Kindly send as soon as possible
3rd April 2012, 01:27 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
My email Id is [email protected], could you please make me forward the appropriate Syllabii. for IIT delhi
24th July 2012, 08:08 PM
Unregistered

i need a model question paper for phd in computer science
entrance at alagappa university
5th January 2013, 12:26 AM
Unregistered

please sir can u post syllabus for Phd for central university for Hyderabad Central University
11th January 2013, 06:01 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
[email protected]
16th March 2013, 03:28 PM
Unregistered

please any one can send me the syllabus of computer science phd entrance test in Anna university Chennai,my email id is [email protected].
12th April 2013, 03:44 AM
Unregistered

hello
i just want 2 knw the syllabus for PhD programm in computer Science and Engg at IIT. And plz mention the books which would help me out for suitable guidence..
Plz help me to proceed on correct path
16th May 2013, 12:48 PM
Unregistered

Hi what s the syllabus of phd enterence exam for ECEi
26th November 2013, 11:12 AM
Unregistered

[email protected]
1st January 2014, 10:38 PM
Unregistered

Please send me full details of Phd Entrance Exam with Syllabus and any reference book, websites, etc for Computer Science

My mail ID : [email protected]
13th May 2014, 07:03 PM
Unregistered

Hi I would like to do phd in pune. please tell me which are the universities and institutes are offering phd in computer science and also give me the syllabus.
10th July 2014, 12:32 PM
Unregistered

I have completed MCA(Commerce).I want syllabus for PhD Entrance Exam in Computer science for Shivaji University kolhapur?
27th March 2017, 12:50 AM
Unregistered

How many ways to take the admission in phd degree course and all university entrance exam syllabus is common or depends on according to particular university and how to prepare to flight the entrance exam after MCA degree course
2nd January 2018, 09:24 PM
Unregistered

Hi, I wish to register my phd in anna university 2018. So please send me the current syllabus for Anna University Entrance exam for CSE dept.
My mail Id:[email protected]
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?