2nd April 2014, 02:58 PM
Unregistered

Default Re: Is dropping an year to prepare for IIT JEE a good option? Will it affect placements?

Hello
I need some help
Actually this year after board exam I didn't study for entrance exams as I wasted my time in sports
Now I'm stuck in a question that should I take a drop for a year?
I cop up concepts very quickly and I'm good in speed if I know the method
Now if I drop a year and study in an institute for example vidya mandir,kota etc etc
How many chanes are that I'll get more then 150 points. In jee mains
2nd May 2014, 02:20 PM
Unregistered

Default Re: Is dropping an year to prepare for IIT JEE a good option? Will it affect placements?

i gave my 12th board exams this year,in 2014, i have also appeared for jee mains and viteee.My vit result was not so good and im waiting for jee result but im not at all confident this year about getting admission in a good engineering college.I believe that if i get one more chance,a year, i can get a good rank next year in jee and vit and also a chance to improve my 12th board percentage by repeaing 12th.Should i take a drop? becaunse i dont want to regret about not taking this chance in my coming years and this is my own choice,to repeat, i am not forced by anyone.
4th May 2014, 08:59 PM
Unregistered

hii i just passed my 12th class this year but could not get a good score in jee mains . I was not even able to clear the cut off for jee advanced . Now i want an advice whether i should drop one year or not for preparation of jee . I am highly confused that if i could not crack it in two years whether it will be possible in the next one year . Please help me and advice as to what should i do now? thank you
16th May 2014, 01:45 AM
Unregistered

Unhappy Re: Is dropping an year to prepare for IIT JEE a good option? Will it affect placements?

[QUOTE=saikata;614474]I wont likely qualify in this year's JEE but am willing to drop a year for it.In my view i have always wanted to learn my subjects properly and no doubt iit are best in engg studies in India.I am willing to give in my 100% and enroll myself in Narayana classes(who are supposed to best in Hyderabad).But my present friends tell me that it wont be a wise decision dropping a year and even heard from people that second timers in iits and other top colleges arent considered equally during college placements??[/QUOTE
i think dropping a year isnt a wise option.. people get frustrated after 6 to 7 months.. so it is always a better option to roll into a college this year and try for iit.
20th June 2014, 12:36 PM
Unregistered

my jee score was 107.should i drop a year for iit or go for cs or mechanical in upes
25th September 2014, 11:16 PM
Unregistered

Dude. First of all if you dont get in Iit, no problem its not the end of the world, believe me its just a college. Nobody gives you special treatment, yes you get an edge,but an edge that you can actually lose if you are not talented. So relax work hard and you will get some or the other college guaranteed. I myself am a BITS graduate with software engineering and my friends one of them was an air 120 in iit didnt get in ivy league in us..but i did. So its not that its the only opportunity in life and there are many opportunities to make it big..all you need us a fire in the belly..everything will fall in place.
29th April 2015, 09:38 PM
Unregistered

I got 102 marks in jee main. as i am in general category so i was not able to qualify just by 3 marks as u all know cut off was 105. should i drop a year? reply soon .
Eagerly waiting for the answer.....
26th May 2015, 12:50 AM
Unregistered

I want to drop 1 year but i have not got good marks in boards so what should i do now
26th May 2015, 01:19 PM
alokyadav2607

IITs are best, if you will get IIT after dropping a year then it is better option than to do Engineering from any other colleges.

Of course dropping a year will affect your placement because some companies are allow only those students who have no dropping year but important is this not all companies.

So I think dropping is better option for your career if have confident about to get an IIT.
1st June 2015, 12:49 PM
Unregistered

If i drop for IIT preparation and won't get good rank, then what are the options left to do?
16th June 2015, 12:03 PM
Unregistered

I cleared my class 12 in 2014(aggregate- 90.20%) and could not clear jee mains this year too(scored 90). Should I drop this year and join some a coaching institute to perform better next year because earlier i hadn't taken any coaching
17th June 2015, 09:51 PM
Unregistered

I am probably getting CSE in RVCE Bangalore. My main marks are 119 and board% is 93.2%. So I may not get good nit . Should I go for RVCE or take 1 year drop??
21st June 2015, 05:06 PM
Unregistered

I have got 103 marks in JEE mains 2015 and 93.6% in CBSE board. I have two choices either getting into my district gov college or taking electronics branch in nirma university.
What should I do either drop or get admission somewhere??
Please help me.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?