29th September 2011, 10:48 AM
BITAN GHOSH
Senior Member+

Default Re: Procedure to become a Pilot In Indian Air Force?

Dear friend,
To become a Pilot in Indian Air Force you should have to go through any of the following exams:-
(1) National Defense Academy(NDA) Exam:-
It is conducted by UPSC twice every year.
Selection is made through the following steps:-
(i)Written Test based on 10+2 science syllabus and combination of other subjects.
(ii)Those who will qualify NDA will call for SSB.
(iii)After that Medical Fitness test.
The exam is conducted mainly in the months of April and September.
##Eligibility Criteria:-
(i) Candidate must have passed class 12 (PCM) with at least 60% aggregate. Appearing candidates are also eligible to apply.
(ii)Candidate must not reach the age of 19.5 years before the commencement of training.
(2) Combined Defense Services(CDSE) Exam:-
It is conducted by UPSC twice every year, generally in the month of April and September.
##Eligibility Criteria:-
(i)Candidates who have passed there B.Tech with at least 60% aggregate including all semester and also have compulsory subjects like- Physics and Mathematics at 10+2.
Those who are in there final year can also apply, but there should not be any Backlogs.
(ii)Age Limit-not more than 23 years
(3) NCC Special Entry Scheme: Candidates who holds at least NCC "C" Certificate in Air Wings of Senior Level.
Age Limit: 23 years
(4) Short Service Commission(SSC):-
For recruiting Candidates in flying branch after 14 years of service.
##Eligibility Criteria: Same as above
Age Limit: 23 years
All the best!!!!
29th September 2011, 03:30 PM
Unregistered

hello sir i am b-tech final year student in mech engg and my aggricate percentage up to 6sem is 72% so suggest me procedure to join the air force and which test i prepared to join them and date of application forms
19th October 2011, 05:48 PM
Unregistered

My name is kusai and i m 11th std[science stream]. I am willing to join indian airforce after completion of my 12th std. I wanted to know the exact procedure to become an airforce pilot. I wanted to know all about the entrance examination and the material to refer. Pls help me with the best guidance.
Email [email protected]

Regards,
kusai mansawala
2nd November 2011, 08:51 PM
Unregistered

I WANT TO BECAME A PILOT BUT THIS TIME I AM IN 11th STANDARD CAN I BECOME A PILOT BUT I AM ONLY 16 YEARS OLD
27th November 2011, 11:59 AM
Unregistered

i want to join in air force i am studying 3 year dipolma
14th December 2011, 12:28 AM
Unregistered

am an ame (aircraft maintanance engineering) student 21 year old can i join for piloting in airforce... i was my ambition to b a pilot if thier is any hope let me know plz
15th December 2011, 11:58 PM
venkataprakash.v
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Respected Sir,
My Name Is Mayur Indalkar. & I given 12th Exam (Science Stream) In Maharashtra Board.
I want to be a Pilot In Indian Air Force.
please tell me the Procedure..
N.D.A :- National Defence Academy Examination.

Qualification for N.D.A :- Intermediate(12th) with Physics and Mathematics from a recognized School or equivalent qualification and candidates age should between 16.5 years and 19 years at the time of appearing for this examination,there is no relaxation for this examination.

C.D.S :- Combined Defence Academy Examination.

Eligibility for CDS :- Graduation or engineering with Physics and Mathematics from a recognized School or equivalent qualification and candidates age should between 19 years and 23 years at the time of appearing for this examination,there is no relaxation for this examination.

NCC Special Entry Scheme.

Qualification for NCC :- The candidate must have a completed graduation or engineering with Physics and Mathematics from a recognized School or equivalent qualification and the candidate must secure at least 60% marks their examination.candidates age should between 19 years and 23 years at the time of appearing for this examination,there is no relaxation for this examination.

Note :-

Candidates who are appearing in the final year of degree course can also apply for this examination.
16th December 2011, 09:21 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
Respected Sir,
My Name Is Mayur Indalkar. & I given 12th Exam (Science Stream) In Maharashtra Board.
I want to be a Pilot In Indian Air Force.
please tell me the Procedure..
hey mayur this is karan kulshrestha from gwalior
I also want to be a pilot
Have you got something related with this
plz rply
17th December 2011, 04:39 PM
mettuguy

to become a pilot in any flying branch the following are the three modes of entry for graduates:

Combined Defence Services Examination (CDSE):
You can take the Combined Defence Services Examination (written test conducted by UPSC) to join the Flying branch of the Indian Air Force.

Men can join the Air Force through this mode of entry and will be given a Permanent Commission.

For applying through any of the entry points mentioned above, you must fulfil the following eligibility criteria:

Age limit: 19 to 23 years*

Marital Status: Single

Nationality: Indian

Educational Qualifications: Graduate (Three Year Course ) in any discipline from a recognised university (with Physics and Mathematics at 10+2 level) / BE / B Tech (Four Year Course) .

Final Year students can also apply, provided thay do not have any backlogs.
No Percentage Bar for CDSE entry.
29th February 2012, 07:08 PM
chandler8161

Dear Friend,
FLYING PILOT SHORT SERVICE COMMISSION:
this is applicable for both men and female ,age should be 19 to 23 years for general candidates and maximum is 25 years for people having pilot license issued by the director general of civil aviation and also should be an graduate having 60% marks in graduation with maths and physics in 10+2.
best of luck
sandeep singh
2nd March 2012, 08:01 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
hello sir, i m udai , B.Tech final year student want to be a pilot . i don't have knowledge how to be? plz help me to tell about how to apply & criteria also.
You can try in the cdse(combined defence service exam.) or afcat(air force common admittion test) or ssc(short service commission) to be a pilot.
3rd March 2012, 04:05 PM
Unregistered

how can an airmen be a pilot of indian air force
name that exam and explain the procedure please
3rd March 2012, 08:50 PM
KAVITHA DILEEP KUMAR

Thumbs up Re: Procedure to become a Pilot In Indian Air Force?

to join Indian air force as a pilot you can either join NDA by writing NDA exam conducted by UPSC.[for boys of age 16(1/2) to19(1/2)]
or by writing CDS exam conducted by UPSC[for graduates & post graduates]
22nd March 2012, 07:26 PM
Unregistered

you should join the nda.
1st May 2012, 04:55 PM
Unregistered

what is physical and medical condititons for air force?
18th June 2012, 07:52 PM
Ronald Selvestin

Hi

Fiyaz , I am Ronald Completed my U.G in I.T sector i am working for goverment though i want to became a pilot my age criteria is 24 at present any solutions for me
18th June 2012, 07:54 PM
Unregistered

I am Ronald Completed my U.G in I.T sector i am working for goverment though i want to became a pilot my age criteria is 24 at present any solutions for me
14th September 2012, 06:09 PM
AshwinKumar S.Hallikar

They need to clear the entrance test exam of the flying schools in India, they also need to clear the physical fitness (Which is tough one). Only totally fit person can get opportunity to get admission in flying schools.

The cost of education is very high, it is around Rs 15- 20 lakh. Many banks can give loan up to 50%.

After completion of education, they get the licence of pilot. Airlines companies hires the successful candidates as trainee.

The salary of trainee is less. After successful completion of training periods they are posted as pilot.

Even after becoming commercial pilot, they need regular medical check up, any problem in health can cause cancellation of the licence of the pilot.

So, over all, job as a pilot is too challenging as well as very high rewarding .

Don’t confuse with the job of pilot of Indian air Force. IAF pilot is selected through NDA exam, training is free and pay is based on Indian gov salary (Air Force) which is around 40-50 K Rs per moth. IAF pilot can not to leave their job to become commercial pilot easily.
13th February 2014, 12:11 AM
Unregistered

sir i am btech student and i complete 10 and 12 with 70% but my pcm marks is not 60% there is any chance to join the air force pilot or any pilot...

1st November 2015, 09:04 AM
Unregistered

hello I am surbhi in 10th standard but my aim is pilot no person help me u can help me because I don't know about pilot plz.. help me
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?