17th September 2012, 10:04 PM
Untit

Thumbs up Re: How to become an IAS officer having completed 9th standard?

[QUOTE=Unregistered;986044]Hey... I am in 9'th standard . My favourite subject is maths,english and economics . I want to become an IAS officer . i am very familiar with an ias officers.
19th September 2012, 02:07 PM
gamble007
Senior Member++

Default Re: How to become an IAS officer having completed 10th standard?

Hi....
Dear,..
Its sounds good, that you want to serve the nation,..

[U]So I would like to tell you,the minimum educational requiremet for this exam is a graduation degree,.So you are not eligible yet for this examination, as you are in just 10th. ..[/U]

This civil service examination is conducted by the UPSC (UNION PUBLIC SERVICE COMMISSION) every year..
Through this civil service examination, one can apply for the IAS (INDIAN ADMINISTRATIVE SERVICES ) & IPS (INDIAN POLICE SERVICE ).

The minimum educational requirement for appear in this civil service examination, you must have to complete your graduation in any stream in any division(I, II,IIIrd).

This civil service examination have three stages to be clear in order to become a IAS or IPS officer,...

1. CSAT (CIVIL SERVICE APTITUDE TEST)
2. MAINS
3. INTERVIEW

Examination pattern of CSAT-

Optional subjects in CSAT-

OPTIONAL subjects in MAINS-

Age limit-

21-30 year for the GENERAL candidates,
21-33 years for the OBC candidates,
21-35 for the SC\ST candidates..

No of Attempts

For General Candidate : 4
For SC/ST Candidate : Unlimited attempts
For OBC Candidate : 7

Important Dates & UPSC exams notifications :-

Date of Publication of Notification : 04/Feb/2012
Last date of apply for this examination : 05/March/2012
Preliminary examination Date : 20/May/2012
Main examination date : 05/Oct/2012.

You must have Indian nationality.

For more information, visit this page-
http://www.upsc.nic.in/

Thank you!!!
~gamble~
11th December 2012, 03:42 PM
Unregistered

Foe becoming an IAS officer firstly you should learn all syllabus of class 11th and 12th. After passing 12th class if you get good marks, you can take coaching for IAS because you have to clear a test for this and one more thing i want to say that is the test for IAS is very tough so you have to work hard for this.
9th May 2013, 01:24 PM
Unregistered

what are the works which an ias do?
3rd June 2013, 03:30 PM
Unregistered

I want to become PSI officer, so i ask you which sites can i choose and which is better to me?
29th June 2013, 04:29 PM
sharma1987

No for IAs officer you have completed first complete your garduation part
and or For IAS, one has to go through a civil services examination conducted by UPSC (Union Public Service Commission).

The selection procedure will be by
-CSAT (Civil Services Aptitude Test)
-Civil Services Main examination
-Interview

In order to appear for IAS, one should have completed his graduation from a recognized university.

One should be in the age group of 21-30 years. Relaxation is there in upper age limit for the candidates of other categories.

As you have just completed 10th standard, my suggestion will be join 10+2 and try to get percentage of marks at 10+2 and gain subject knowledge.
30th June 2013, 04:01 AM
saswat1989
Senior Member+

you can not be IAS officer.You are in 10th standard...so you have lots of time to
prepare yourself for IAS.For preparing for IAS you should have a very strong general knowledge, you should have a good knowledge of the current affairs.

The entrance examination is divided into three main stages
Preliminary exam.
Main exam.
Interview.

eligibility for IAS :

(i) Age limits :

21-30 years as on 1.7.2011 for general
35 years for SC/ST and
33 for OBC .

education :
Bachelor’s degree of a recognised university.
30th June 2013, 12:39 PM
dhirajen18
Senior Member+++++

One is not eligible to become an IAS officer after completing 10th standard as the minimum academic qualification to be an IAS officer, is Graduation Degree in any stream.

IAS - Indian Administrative Service and to become an IAS officer one has to apply, appear and crack Civil Service Exam conducted by UPSC every year.

The eligible candidate must be an Indian National having either appear for the final Graduation Degree exam or pass in any stream from a recognised University within the age of 21 to 30 years with upper age relaxation for reserved candidate.

The selection is through two stages of written exam called as CSAT(Civil Service Aptitude Test) or Preliminary exam and Civil Service Main Exam followed by Personal Interview.

For more information you may log on to http://www.upsc.gov.in
2nd July 2013, 05:23 PM
Unregistered

[QUOTE=mayank lara;821068]now i have completed my 10 class.

i want to become an ias officer.
please can u give me step by step procedure to become an ias officer & what should i read? ........all the details.
2nd July 2013, 09:33 PM
Chirag17
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayank lara View Post
now i have completed my 10 class.

i want to become an ias officer.
please can u give me step by step procedure to become an ias officer & what should i read? ........all the details.

Hi friend,

>> Dear, first complete 12th and after complete graduation then apply IAS examination.

>> Detail for IAS Examination
- IAS examiantion is conducted every year.

>> Education Criteria
- Candidate complete Graduation any discipline in recognized university.

>> Nationality
- Candidate should in Indian.

>> Age Limits
- General category = 21 to 30 years.
- OBC category = 21 to 33 years.
- SC/ST category = 21 to 35 years.

>> Selection Procedure
- Preliminary examination
- Main examination
- Interview

>> Number of attempts
- General category = 4 attempts.
- OBC category = 7 attempts.
- ST/SC category = Unlimited attempts.

Best of luck
14th August 2013, 05:10 PM
aryan5107241
Senior Member+++++

Dear Friend,

Sorry to say but you cannot become an IAS Officer right after completing the 10th standard.

If you really want to become an IAS Officer , then you have to appear in the Civil services Exam and have to crack the exam.

The Civil Services Exam is the only way through which candidates like you can fulfill their dream of becoming an IAS Officer.

The Civil Services Exam is conducted once every year by the Union Public Service Commission.

The Exam is conducted mainly in the following steps :

1) preliminary Exam

2) MAINS exam

3) Interview

The Qualifications Required for Civil services Exam are :

** The candidate must have completed graduation in any stream from any recognized college/university.

** Final year candidates can also apply.

** No specific percentage is required.

** Age Limit :

So , it will be better for you to complete graduation first.

This is the information i have to the best of my knowledge regarding your query. Hope the information will help you to the extent you want.

16th February 2014, 05:52 PM
Unregistered

Thumbs up Re: How to become an IAS officer having completed 10th standard?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
what should i prepare after completing Xth ?
You should take arts if you want history and geography but u can take science also pcm+eng or pcm+ maths +eng I think this is your ans and rest u can think on yourselves
21st March 2014, 10:49 PM
nareshsunrise
Senior Member++

It is good that you have decided upon of what you want to be in the very beginning of your career.

But this destination is not so easy to achieve. Because, there is huge competition among the candidates in order to become IAS Officer.

IAS stands for Indian Administrative Service. It is one of the top civil service in India.

The minimum academic qualification that is required for the candidates in order to become IAS Officer is by completion of Graduation with any of the stream from a recognized university.

Candidates who have appeared for final year exams of Graduation and waiting for the results can also apply for this Exam.

Hence I suggest you to opt for 10+2 first with the stream which you are interested and respective stream in Graduation.

Make sure that at least one subject of your 10+2 and Graduation should be there in the list of Optional subjects for Main Exam.

Try to start preparation for Civil Services Exam from the very beginning your Graduation course and make sure that you are going to complete the syllabus well in advance to the Exam.

Have good preparation for model question papers and previous year question papers so that you will come to know the way how the questions are being asked in the Exam.

Wish you all the best.

For updated information on this Exam, you can visit
http://upsc.gov.in/
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?