17th January 2016, 03:26 PM
Unregistered

What subjects I need to choose after completion of 10th standard to become an IAS officer?

What subjects I need to choose after completion of 10th standard to become an IAS officer? Can someone please provide me the right information on the same? I need all your help to become a successful IAS officer in future. Awaiting for the answer.

17th January 2016, 06:10 PM
taputanya
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: What subjects I need to choose after completion of 10th standard to become an IAS officer?

Actually, to become IAS, subjects and stream in 11th and 12th or graduation is not the main issue you have to choose those subjects in which you are interested.

Minimum qualification required to appear in civil services exam is graduation in discipline.

Age limit should be in between 21-30 years and relaxation is given to reserved categories in upper age limit.
18th January 2016, 11:22 AM
pabolu srivalli

Thumbs up Re: What subjects I need to choose after completion of 10th standard to become an IAS officer?

After the Completion of 10th in order to take up the IAS or IPS examinations which is the civil services you need to complete Graduation in any of the discipline,as you are of 10th right now you need to have good subject knowledge and should have to continously reading all subjects,there are no particular subject available to take up for appearing to civil services examination,any subject back ground can appear for these civil services

Depending on your own interest you can take up which branch you wants to settle or build your career in to
After the completion of the 12th standard you can appear for the graduate degree course in which you have interest and then appear for it

There are some particular eligibility criteria you need to follow before appearing for IAS examination and some of them are
  • Should have attained 21 years and not exceed 30 years
  • Should have completed or appearing in the finale year of the graduation course in any of the discipline
  • Should belong to the Indian Citizen
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?