3rd April 2011, 05:25 PM
swati biswas

Default Re: Why students are not allowed to choose their own career? Why parents force children?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sushree Gayatri View Post
Why children cannot chose their own career? Why do parents always force children to study what they want?
not all parents force their children to choose careers according to their choice. I can cite my example in this. I have completed my 12th in science stream but after some time lost all my interest in science , after that I switched my are from science towards humanities and completed my BA in English, after that I wanted to do MBA as most of my friends were doing that only. At this stage too my parents stood by me and supported but after few months I discovered that pvt jobs are not my cup of tea at all and then completed my MA in English literature and now i am pursuing BEd form a govt college and ready to be a teacher. Thus, throughout my academic life my parents were always by my side and now i am happy with the way my career is leading.

cheers
swati
3rd April 2011, 07:46 PM
arvind_singh
Banned

Default Re: Why students are not allowed to choose their own career? Why parents force children?

well i do not think that it is valid for all parents as i have choosed my career my self.

but in INDIA parents do choose what their child should do and i do not think that it is

right because it is student who has to study not parents .so parents should left

everything at their child .each students do good if they will work or study in their area of

field or interest .

But sometimes it aslo good that parents should control life of those students who just

lost their path .so at that moment it is necessary that parents should come forward and

choose a best career for their children.
10th April 2011, 10:14 PM
Unregistered

How can we students convince our parents to support our career decision ?give some arguments supporting that ecision.
11th April 2011, 07:17 PM
vijaypatel54
Senior Member+

Not all parents force their dreams on their kids. Yeah some of them do.

I think those who force their ambitions on their child is not good. They think that they know the best what their child can do but it is wrong. The child knows his potential and so if he/she is aware of the different career option then they can chose the best career option for themselves

Parents think that only engg and medical are the best branches and all others are useless. Actually its not right to say that. These days lots of them are non engg and non doctors are more successful then engg and doctors..

So it depends on ones aptitude and interest.

You can convince your parents somehow and i am sure parents cant go against their childs ambition if the child stresses more on it
thanks
21st July 2011, 09:35 PM
Unregistered

give some points saying that
"it is the childen who choose their careet"
27th July 2011, 09:08 PM
Unregistered

pparents shld allow sweet kiddies like me.........
not bad like u...................
5th January 2012, 07:41 PM
Unregistered

the student must have freedom to choose their own profession
7th January 2012, 12:04 AM
Unregistered

sm tym,due to lack of conversation between parents n children.........both parents n children r not able 2 express themselves.......this cause confusion between their thoughts.......n
a child thinks that parents r forcing 2 choose a particular stream in wich they r not interested.........n parents think that the child is disobeying him..........

SO,being a student..n as per my expeience i wud request both parents n children 2 be frank towards each other!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
26th January 2012, 05:19 PM
Unregistered

iam an engineering final year student. i was made to opt for engineering by my parents, but now i feel so lost and depressed in the end that i cannot even think about finishing it or going on, ii feel suicidal.i dnt want to continue,i feel distressed.i know my course will end in may, but i cannot even think of proceeding anymore,i have lost all my willpower and patience. please help.
26th January 2012, 07:27 PM
adlsm

Friend , its nothing like that

you can do whatever you want in life, but you should also try and give your best to fulfil the minimum desires of your parents.after all they are more matured than you and they can only tel which is the best for you . if you have passion for somethin and wanna pursue your carrier on your passion , then sit and discuss with your parents and am sure they wil agree to it
give a try . love your parents and respect them becaus watever you are today you are becaus of them .
26th January 2012, 09:23 PM
Oracle 9
Senior Member++

parent force because you are unsure.

if you are sure that what you want to do than please explain them why you want to do this/that and if still they force than it is some time really become difficult to cope with that.

but your firm belief in that course,your interest and hard work in that particular course will win them at last.
26th January 2012, 10:39 PM
qwertyuiop2758

Dear
In many families, parents force their children to choose their career....
This is because they want their children to become what they could not become...
But in my view, children should be allowed to choose their own career... This is totally based on the interest of the children.... They must not be forced by their parents..
Thankyou
Aishwarya Mehrora
27th January 2012, 05:54 PM
Snehamay ganguly
Senior Member+++++

dear friend,
Children's are not allowed to choose their career because , they are not enough matured to think about their future career prospect..

Parents are much more matured than their children's , because they have already passed the age , They gather much more experience from their entire life..

So, they have the ability to judge someone, they know this world better than their children..

That's why they always take the decision about their children's career.
Sometimes they have some dreams , which they can not able to complete , for that reason they want to complete that dream through their children's success..

But if you want to go for some other course then try to convince your parents , and try to show them the future career prospect of that course.

I am sure they will listen to you.

All the best.
27th January 2012, 06:43 PM
anlakshmi

Parents know more as they have seen the world. They know more as they have seen life more whereas children know more about the latest trend. Parents should allow their child to follow his or her dream but if they know that the career which they are choosing won't be a bright future then they should not allow it. They can choose a substitute for it. For example, painting and all other related won't give you a very high payoffs. If you want to waste your life as a drawing or craft teacher then the matter is different. In the future when you see your friend earning lots and you in penny, you will feel bad. So parents should not leave the entire decision on children.

Parents should give guidance to their children when they need. So children should allow to choose their career with their parents proper guidance.
27th January 2012, 07:09 PM
rkexam

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sushree Gayatri View Post
Why children cannot chose their own career? Why do parents always force children to study what they want?
Hello Dear,

I want to let you clarify one thing that your parent's
always think about your future the don't prefer your Interest because they
want you to be a successful person more that they are because they don't
want you to make any mistake that lead you to failure so if you are going to
choose any subject that have no scope then definitely they not allow you but
if you think you are right then go talk to them and tell them that what you
are choosing is right
they willl Definitely
Understand you.

With Regards
RK
27th January 2012, 07:34 PM
saasmari
Senior Member++

Dear pal,
it is all because of their affection and fear. They are worried about the child future and in no case what them to fail. But at the same time they provide them their opinion. They do not decide it with in few days they spend lot of time in deciding it. Few say that the parents insist their ambition on to their child but it is not like that. They want their children to be success and well known person to the society. They are the only wealth of them .
So do not neglect your parents here to their opinion. If it is wrong try to convince them. You need to convince them about the course you are wishing to do and promise them that you will do your best in it. As few blame their parents if they fail stating that they should have not allowed them to choose the field.
5th September 2015, 10:34 AM
Unregistered

if the parents are doing this for our well-being then why do students who are forced to take the streams their parents force them to do suicide?If parents are doing this for us then why do they not understand that the child may not be mature but this decision may make him or her mature.It will teach the children responsibility.but no the parents just want competition like for example if the neighbor's son is doing engineering then their son must do it to but what if their son wants to do arts or something?
26th June 2020, 12:21 PM
Samirjmt

Because parents generally bind their children to fulfil their own childhood incomplete dreams and think let their child accomplished those and thus they even force them to choose those streams and faculty which they wanted to.A simple solution to overcome this is to sit and have a nice talk with the parents and explain about your particular interest and what you want to do in your career.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?