3rd March 2018, 09:29 AM
edwardcbe

Admission process, eligibility and list of colleges in India for Astrophysics.

My daughter is studying in XI standard. She wants to do Astrophysics. Please, guide me the procedure to get admission, list of colleges in India, should she prepare for any entrance exam. Pl guide me.

Related Questions:
  1. Entrance exam, eligibility and procedure to get admission in colleges offering Astrophysics course in India?
  2. Eligibility for admission in B.Sc Astrophysics? Process of admission?
  3. List of universities which offer M.Sc in Astrophysics to B.Sc(Physics) candidate in India and Abroad? Eligibility to get admission?
  4. List of colleges in India which are offering Astrophysics(BSc course)? Procedure for admission in those colleges?
  5. How can I study M.Sc(Astrophysics) being a B.Sc(Applied Physics) candidate? Minimum marks required to get admission? List of colleges in India?
  6. List of best colleges in Indian offering BSc astrophysics and procedure to get admission
  7. Which are the colleges in India which provide Astrophysics course?
  8. List of colleges which offer B.Sc(Astrophysics) in India? Qualification required to get admission?
  9. What is the eligibility criteria for B.Sc in astrophysics and which colleges offer this course?
  10. List of colleges which offer M.Sc(Astrophysics) to B.Sc candidate in US? Procedure to get admission?
  11. List of colleges in India from where I can become a Cosmologist?
  12. List of colleges which offer Integrated M.Sc and PhD in Astrophysics? Eligibility to get admission?
  13. To Get Admission in B.SC. in Astrophysics.
  14. Any colleges in India, America, Canada, Australia, Singapore offering B.Tech Astrophysics?
  15. Colleges for bachelor degree course in astronomy or astrophysics
  16. List of colleges in India offering B.Tech in Astrophysics? -- [Most Discussed]
  17. List of universities and colleges offering graduate course in Astrophysics -- [New]
  18. List of universities which offer M.Sc(Astrophysics) to B.Sc(Physics) candidate in India? Entrance exams to get admission?
1st April 2018, 05:26 PM
ajjuravi
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Admission process, eligibility and list of colleges in India for Astrophysics.

Indian Institute of Astrophysics, (IIA) Bangalore is one of the best institute to pursue Astrophysics course. But it offers only post graduation and Ph.D. courses. So, after completing graduation in Astrophysics, you can apply for this institute. For getting admission to this institute, you will have to qualify IIAST exam.

Institutes to pursue Astrophysics course in India are:
  • JNTU College of Engineering, Hyderabad
  • Osmania University, Hyederabad
  • Indian Institute of Science, Bangalore
  • Birla Institute of Technology & Sciences, Pilani
  • Punjab University
  • Institute of Fundamental Research, Tamil Nadu
  • Astrophysics, Tata Institute of Fundamental Research, Pune

Most of the above mentioned institutes admit candidates on the basis of JEE Main entrance exam. Some of the institutes conduct their own entrance exam like BITS institute conducts BITSAT exam.

Entrance exam contains questions belonging to Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics of 11th and 12th level.

After completion of Astrophysics course, you can get jobs in institutes/companies like:
  • Aryabhata Research Institute of Observational Sciences (ARIES), Nainital
  • Indian Institute of Astrophysics (IIA), Bangalore
  • Indian Space Research Organization (ISRO)
  • Space Science Centre, ISRO, Thiruvananthapuram
  • Tata Institute of Fundamental Research (TIFR), Mumbai
  • Inter-University Centre for Astronomy and Astrophysics (IUCAA), Pune
  • National Centre for Radio Astrophysics, TIFR (Pune)
  • Physical Research Laboratory, Ahmedabad
  • Raman Research Institute (RRI), Bangalore
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?