10th May 2020, 03:59 PM
Unregistered

Is it advisable to study M.Sc Forestry after completion of B.Sc Agriculture?

Is it wise for a B.Sc Agriculture graduate to join M.Sc Forestry? And, what are the career opportunities available after completion of M.Sc Forestry? In which all sectors and by which all companies can I find jobs?

15th May 2020, 11:02 AM
lvnareshsunrise
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Is it advisable to study M.Sc Forestry after completion of B.Sc Agriculture?

I don't think it is a wise decision because the subjects in M.Sc Forestry are completely different from subjects in Agriculture and hence it is difficult for you to understand the subject as you don't have foundation.

Without having strong subject knowledge, it is difficult to get the job and to perform well in the job.

Hence, I would suggest you to go for M.Sc Agriculture for better career scope.

After completion of M.Sc Forestry, most of the job opportunities are in Forests only which many people do not like.

Some job profiles are
-Forest officer
-Forest Technician
-Forest Range Officer etc.
15th May 2020, 11:13 AM
kachhadiyasarika
Member+

Default Re: Is it advisable to study M.Sc Forestry after completion of B.Sc Agriculture?

If you are interested in forestry and animal lover, then it is advisable to pursue M.Sc (Forestry) after completion of your B.Sc (Agriculture).

Career After M.Sc (Forestry)
After M.Sc (Forestry), You may get jobs in forest department, zoo, wood industry, forest product units, research and development organization etc.

Job Profiles
- Entomologist
- Ethologist
- Culturist
- Zoo Curator
- Environmental Expert
- R & D Officer
17th May 2020, 01:45 PM
sachariah
Senior Member+++

Angry Re: Is it advisable to study M.Sc Forestry after completion of B.Sc Agriculture?

Forestry is the science and art of managing tree plantations, forests and related resources.

Yes. MSc is for two years, minimum eligibility for which is a graduation in any science discipline
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?