24th March 2017, 04:07 PM
Monika shinde.

What is the qualification criteria required to become a District Magistrate? Which exam do I need to write?

Respected Sir, I have completed my class 12th and now I wish to become a District Magistrate so I want to know what is the qualification criteria required to become a District Magistrate? Which exam do I need to write? Please answer as soon as possible.

Related Questions:
  1. Which stream should I choose in class 11th to become a District Magistrate? What is the qualification criteria required for the same?
  2. Am I not eligible to become a District Magistrate being a Commerce student?
  3. How can I become a District Magistrate after completing class 10th? Which exam do I have to write?
  4. What all subjects I need to select in Graduation to become a district magistrate?
  5. Can a Disable person apply for District Collector's post? What is the qualification criteria required?
  6. What is the age limit and qualification for district magistrate examination?
  7. What is the qualification criteria required to become a Train Driver in the Indian Railways? Do I have to write any entrance exam?
  8. What qualification is needed to become a fresh Magistrate?
  9. What is the qualification required to become a District Collector? What is the minimum age required to apply for the post?
  10. What subject should i take in 12th to become a District magistrate in future?
  11. How to become a District Education Officer? Recruitment exam and qualification required?
  12. Procedure of ias examination? -- [Most Discussed]
  13. What is the qualification criteria required to join the Indian Navy? Which entrance exam should I write?
  14. Is it possible to become a Deputy Collector/District Magistrate through Bihar Public Service Commission exam?
  15. Can a Philosophy graduate become a district magistrate?
  16. How can I become a Doctor after completion of 12th Class?
  17. Is it required to write board exams to change one CBSE school to other in the same district?
  18. What is the qualification criteria required for TC Post in the Indian Railways?
31st March 2017, 09:01 AM
aashisranjan784
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: What is the qualification criteria required to become a District Magistrate? Which exam do I need to write?

District Magistrate is actually an Indian Administrative Services officer after certain years of experience in service. To become DM of any district, you need to join IAS. The entrance examination for IAS is Civil Services exam conducted by UPSC every year.

Eligibility criteria for this exam:

>>Candidates who have done bachelor's degree in any stream can apply for this examination. Final year graduation candidates can also apply.

>>The age limit is 21-32 years. Upper age relaxation applicable to candidates of reserved category.

You will have to clear all three stages of this exam to join IAS.
31st March 2017, 07:10 PM
perthc

Default Re: What is the qualification criteria required to become a District Magistrate? Which exam do I need to write?

Hi Monika,

You have to sit for IAS examination in order to become District Magistrate.

Indian Administrative Service (IAS) is the Civil Services Examination or a competitive exam in India conducted by Union Public Service Commission for the recruitment to various Civil Services of the Government of India.

QUALIFICATION CRITERIA:-

You should hold a Bachelor's Degree from any of the recognized universities

If you have appeared for the qualifying examination and waiting for results or those who are yet to appear for the qualifying examination are also eligible for the Preliminary Examination.

Such candidates have to produce proof of passing the said examination along with the application for the Main Examination.

Number of attempts you can give:- 6 (General)

Scheduled Caste and Scheduled Tribe Candidates (SC/ST): No Limits.

Other Backward Classes (OBC): 9 attempts.
22nd March 2019, 03:07 PM
Unregistered

If I am reading in science stream, after 10th,could I join IAS competitive exam after 12th
17th May 2020, 02:13 PM
Unregistered

others nationality people also eligible for the ias exam or not
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?