9th February 2011, 09:26 PM
sehalisane

After B.Tech. is it better to go for job or higher education?

I'm studying b.tech 3rd year.After my final year i would like to do job.will the boom for software will continue for next 2 years?I'm an electrical student and want to do job in software.Is my decision correct?

10th February 2011, 10:46 PM
narsimhaboddupalli

Default Re: After B.Tech. is it better to go for job or higher education?

Quote:
Originally Posted by sehalisane View Post
I'm studying b.tech 3rd year.After my final year i would like to do job.will the boom for software will continue for next 2 years?I'm an electrical student and want to do job in software.Is my decision correct?
As you said you are an electrical student,it is some what difficult to enter into software. But if u are ready to work hard you can go.dont think about the software boom.Think positivly and go ahead.......
4th March 2011, 08:49 PM
sachin2places

Hello.....If you get campus placement after engineering then it is better to stick with it and go ahead.work for a couple of years and then apply for MBA because having work experience is really important and after your MBA you need not be attached with software field and no worries.
But if you don't get campus placement then it is better to straight away go for MBA rather than wasting time.
All the best.
9th May 2011, 09:27 PM
Unregistered

scope of higher studies after B Tech in Ceramic Technology
9th May 2011, 11:46 PM
JAMESS
Senior Member+++++

higher study is always preferable for all. higher study not only increases the job opportunity but also increases subject knowledge.

now the software market is almost stable. there are lots of vacancy in software market. as you are from electrical engineering and you want to work in software field then i think job is the best option for you after your engineering. because after B.Tech in electrical engineering if you want to do higher study then you have to study on electrical subject. but if you want to work in software field then don't need of higher education in electrical engineering. till if you have more degree then you will get more opportunity in software field also.

in next year there will be increased of demand in software field. because at the time of recession there a less number of students studying computer science engineering or in engineering stream which is related to computer science. so there will shortage of IT engineer. as a result demand of software engineer will be high. you will pass out in a right time to join in software field.

best of luck.
10th May 2011, 12:13 AM
ravik1214
Senior Member++++

Thumbs up Re: After B.Tech. is it better to go for job or higher education?

I will suggest you to go for higher courses like-M.B.A or M.Tech only in case that you get failed to get job through campus placement. Otherwise go for job and after gaining some experiance ,apply for M.B.A .you can also complete your M.B.A through correspondance while doing job. you already said that your branch is electrical so i wonder why you want to go in software fields because so many jobs private and government jobs are available for electrical engineers. market is expected to boost in coming years so you can go for software fields.but you will have to face enough competition with cse students so work hard.

I will suggest you to go for higher courses like-M.B.A or M.Tech only in case that you get failed to get job through campus placement. Otherwise go for job and after gaining some experiance ,apply for M.B.A .you can also complete your M.B.A through correspondance while doing job. you already said that your branch is electrical so i wonder why you want to go in software fields because so many jobs private and government jobs are available for electrical engineers. market is expected to boost in coming years so you can go for software fields also.but you will have to face enough competition with cse students so work hard.
10th May 2011, 06:05 AM
SUMAN BHARADWAJ

Quote:
As you are an electrical engineer,I would suggest you to stick with your field rather to join any software company.But still if you want to join any software company then you need not to worry about market condition.There is the boom for software and it will continue.I would like to suggest you one more thing that if you have good knowledge of software and programming then you can choose this field otherwise I would suggest you to find job in electrical field as you are familiar to these field.
10th May 2011, 09:19 AM
SUNNY PRAKASH

Quote:
it depends on your interest . if you are willing to go for job then you should certainly go for it. If you also want to go for higher studies then it is the BEST .
But it depends on your enconomic matter.
10th May 2011, 12:16 PM
lvnareshsunrise
Senior Member+++++

I would suggest you to go for job if you have secured a good job in multinational company by the time you finish your B.Tech.

Because in order to complete post graduation, any way it will take a minimum of 2 years.

So, if you have got the job, and if you join in that, you will get 2 years of experience which will be good.

If you are not placed in any job, then better to go for higher studies, especially M.Tech.

Having an additional degree is always an added advantage.
10th May 2011, 12:38 PM
sree.ammu

Quote:
Hello,
Since a lot of students are passing out every year with BE,now many companies are searching for students with more qualifications........
Also there is a wide difference in the payment scale for a student with more qualification than BE.
What ever job or field you select should be a field with your full interest,then on;y u can reach higher positions
Good luck
10th May 2011, 12:39 PM
monima

I think better u do ur higher studies instead of going to work becoz by the time u finish ur pg u would get more knowledge that is u will b more clear about the subject
10th May 2011, 03:05 PM
surendergora
Senior Member++++

It depends on your interest , there are lots of oppurtunities after Btech for Higher Studies and Job as well.

For Higher studies you can opt for
GATE
GRE
MBA

JOBS
Indian Engineering Service
Civil service
PSUs like ONGC, BCPL, NTPC, BSNL
Bank PO jobs
1st May 2012, 12:27 AM
saiprasad.prasad60@gmail.

After B.Tech. is it better to go for a job because of if you can also complete the higher education while doing the job.then it will help you to as a work experience person and then with the help of higher education you will get the promotions in the company.
22nd September 2012, 01:31 PM
Unregistered

i am studying b.tech 3rd year ec is it eligible to write ntpc 2012 exam
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?