15th September 2016, 03:28 AM
Unregistered

After completing 12th can I do Fashion Designing course or not? Will I get a great job after it or not?

I want to be a Fashion Designer. So, will you please tell me what course I can do after 12th class and that would also help me in getting a great job or not?

Related Questions:
  1. Is it possible to get a government job in designing after completing graduation in fashion designing?
  2. Is it possible to get government job in designing after completing graduation in fashion designing
  3. How to get a job in fashion designing after one year diploma in fashion designing from RGC?
  4. Eligibility of doing B-Tech in Fashion designing aftre completing 12th and 3 years diploma course in Fashion designing?
  5. Is there any chance to study fashion designing after completing 12th?
  6. Can I join Fashion Designing course after completing class 10th? Is it a good career choice and will I get a good job after completing the course?
  7. How to get a job in Fashion Designing after doing diploma in Fashion Designing from NIFD? -- [Most Discussed]
  8. How to get a chance to study fashion designing? I am studying 11th after completing 12th
  9. What is the procedure to follow to get the Government job of lecturer in Fashion designing?
  10. How to apply for Fashion Designing course having 60 percent in 12th? -- [New]
  11. Complete information about Fashion Designing after 12th?
  12. How can I study Fashion Designing course in Graduation after completing 12th Commerce?
  13. Am I eligible to get a government job after completion of B.Sc Fashion Designing?
  14. How to get a government job after doing fashion designing? I have done cutting and tailoring from ITI and Fashion technology from YWCA(Delhi)
  15. Eligibility for Fashion Designing Lecturer job in Polytechnic college?
  16. How can I pursue a career in Fashion Designing after completing class 12th? Which College or University should I join?
  17. Detailed information about different types of Fashion Designing courses
  18. Can I get a government job after passing BSc fashion designing? Details about the job related to fashion designing in government sector?
15th September 2016, 05:26 PM
ajjuravi
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: After completing 12th can I do Fashion Designing course or not? Will I get a great job after it or not?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I want to be a Fashion Designer. So, will you please tell me what course I can do after 12th class and that would also help me in getting a great job or not?
Yes, after completing 12th you are eligible for pursuing Fashion Designing course.

However, you must have secured at least 50% marks in your +2 standard.

To apply for Bachelor in Fashion Designing course, you will have to appear for an entrance exam.

If you qualified entrance exam, then a PI will be commenced and then you can pursue course.

You must have a good fluency in English to qualify Interview section.

You can definitely get higher jobs but on the basis of your performance.

Trainees of designers often start their job at pay scale of 4K.

Later on, it can rise upto 30K and more.
15th September 2016, 06:14 PM
jagrity7
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: After completing 12th can I do Fashion Designing course or not? Will I get a great job after it or not?

Yes, you can do fashion designing course after completing 12th.

Eligibility criteria required to get enrolled for the Bachelor in Design (B.Des)(Fashion Design) course is pass in the 12th examination in the 10+2 with 50% marks from any recognized Central/State Board of Secondary Examination.

Admission in most of the institutes are carried out on the basis of the candidate's performance in written test, situation test, group discussion and interview.

Some of the institutes in which you can opt for this course are :

National institute of Fashion technology (NIFT).

National Institute of Design (NID).

International Institute of Fashion Technology, New Delhi (IIFT).

IEC School of Art and Fashion, New Delhi.

Indian Institute of Art and Fashion Technology (IIAFT), Mumbai.

Pearl Academy of fashion, New Delhi.

J.D Institute of fashion Technology, New Delhi.
15th September 2016, 09:40 PM
secret29
Senior Member+

There is no any specific subject require to go in the fashion designing course.
Because once you completed your 12th std course you become eligible for the Fashion designing course and to go for this course you will have to crack and entrance exams known as NIFT-CET.

If you are getting good rank in the NIFT entrance exams then you can choose any college of fashion as per your rank basis. Also you can go for the master degree course because you already have completed your graduation course in B.Com. Hence you can go for the master course in fashion designing through NIFT entrance exams.

And it is needless to say that the job opportunities in fashion world is never ending, If you would have good knowledge of designing then you job opportunities will be more and more.
15th September 2016, 11:16 PM
Sameerthapar123

Yes you can become a fashion designer after you have done 12th.
In fact that is the minimum eligibility criteria for you to apply in any fashion institute.
The best university to take a bachelors degree in fashion designing in India is NIFT.
If you get an admission here then you will definitely get good offers once you graduate from the institute.
Even if you get into any other college/institute there are still a lot of job prospects depending on the resume you have built whilst doing your graduation.
This means that you must have done a lot of internships as well and at the same time must have good grades in your college.
More job you do whilst doing your graduation better a job you will get offered.
Job whilst doing your graduation includes everything from an internship to a project to a freelance work, all of this can be paid or unpaid.
All in all there are a lot of prospects in fashion designing and very less competition as compared to any of the other degrees with a lot of prospects.
15th September 2016, 11:28 PM
aashisranjan784
Senior Member+++++

NIFT stands for National Institute of Fashion Technology. The eligibility criteria for NIFT entrance examination is that candidate must have done 10+2 from a recognized board with Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics. Minimum percentage of marks required in 10+2 for NIFT entrance exam is 50%.

The upper age limit for NIFT entrance examination is 23 years on 1st October of year of examination. You will have to clear this entrance examination for admission in Bachelor of Fashion Technology.
15th September 2016, 11:41 PM
ranjan Ayush
Senior Member+++++

You can pursue B.Des/B.F.Tech course after 12th from recognised board.

The eligibility to get admission in B.Des course is candidate must have passed 10+2 from any recognised board in any discipline.

The eligibility for admission in B.F.Tech course is candidate must have passed 10+2 with PCM as main paper.

The maximum age limit is 23 years for admission in ( NIFT ) bachelor degree. So, you can appear for entrance examination conducted by respective institutes. Yes, there are job opportunities after bachelor degree in fashion designing as fashion designer, industrial design, interior design etc.
16th September 2016, 12:08 AM
Maa ka pyaar
Senior Member+++++

There are not many available option in fashion designing course after 10+2. The two available options are :-

B.Des :- Candidate passed 10+2 from recognied board in any discipline.

B.F.Tech :- Candidate passed 10+2 with PCM as main paper.

There is some special criteria on basis of minimum required percentage to appear for examination and on age limit by various institutes. So, kindly visit the official website of universities to get more information about admission.
16th September 2016, 12:37 AM
mananbhatt42

Smile Re: After completing 12th can I do Fashion Designing course or not? Will I get a great job after it or not?

YES! you can opt for some good colleges in india and worldwide. NIFT is the one of the most top rated institute in India followed by SID and pearl academy of fashion. cheers!
16th September 2016, 09:20 AM
shiwangini raj

Yes off course you can do fashion designing course after completing 12th for doing this course you have to get at least 55% marks in 12th and when you got this marks then you can sit in entrance exams of this fashion designing course I think this is your interest that In which type of education line you wants to enter but fashion designing course is also a better way for a bright future so do a better preparations for it and get a lot of achievement in your future
16th September 2016, 11:59 AM
Prt_91

The NIFT entrance exam is the very popular exam conducted by National Institute of Fashion of Technology for the admission to various courses related to fashion. After 12th you can also apply for graduation in fashion designing and then master degree. In the graduation period you have to take part in internship programs which are good for job point of view in fashion designing.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?