15th September 2016, 04:38 AM
Unregistered

B.Com pass can do Law course or not?

Well, actually i have completed my B.Com from Mumbai University with just Pass Class & want to do the Law course. So, can i apply for the Law studies or not?

15th September 2016, 05:29 PM
jagrity7
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: B.Com pass can do Law course or not?

Yes, B.Com. pass candidate can do law course.

Eligibility criteria for LLB course after graduation :-

- The candidate should have obtained a LL. B/B. L. Degree or an equivalent degree with at least 55% (50% for SC/ ST candidates) marks in aggregate from a recognized University.

- The candidate minimum age must not be less than 17 years of age. However, there is no upper age limit for admission.

Three year duration LLB degree after graduation is offered by various colleges and generally there will be no entrance exam for admission.
15th September 2016, 05:32 PM
ajjuravi
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Well, actually i have completed my B.Com from Mumbai University with just Pass Class & want to do the Law course. So, can i apply for the Law studies or not?
If you have studied B.Com (Law), then only you can apply for post graduate studies in Law.

According to eligibility criteria for post graduation in LLB,
Candidates who have pursued B.A.(Law) or B.Com (Law) or LLB can only apply for Post graduation course in LLB.

As you have studied from B.Com, so you cannot apply for higher studies in Law.

Some of the prominent institutes for studying law in Mumbai are:

Government Law College - Mumbai (GLC Mumbai)
Mumbai, Maharashtra (Public Institute)

Rizvi Law College (RLC)
Mumbai, Maharashtra (Private Institute)

Lala Lajpat Rai College of Law - Mumbai
Mumbai, Maharashtra

Nalanda Law College-Mumbai
Mumbai, Maharashtra

Padmashree Dr DY Patil College of Law- Mumbai
Mumbai, Maharashtra

Mahatma Gandhi Mission’s College of Law- Mumbai
Mumbai, Maharashtra

Rajarshi Shahu College of Law- Mumbai
Mumbai, Maharashtra
15th September 2016, 07:58 PM
Rab Rakha
Senior Member+++

LLB stands for Bachelor of Legislative Law which is professional bachelor degree course after acquiring which one heads towards becoming a lawyer.

Depending upon the duration of LLB course, LLB courses are of two types one is the LLB course of three years and other one is the LLB course of five years.

The minimum educational requirement for LLB course of five years is a Class 12th passed or any equivalent degree in any discipline from a recognized board where as for LLB course of three years one need to have completed his/her graduation degree in any discipline from a recognized university.

So being become passout candidate you are eligible for opting either of the two discussed LLB courses but the better of the two options for you will be the LLB course of three years as it would save couple of years of your academics.
15th September 2016, 08:50 PM
Effort Never Dies
Senior Member+++++

Of course yes. B.Com pass graduates are surely eligible to do Law course after completion of the course. Minimum educational qualification required for doing LLB course is "Graduate Degree" from a recognized university.

LLB is a Bachelor of Legislature Law course that can be done after completion of Graduation course. And there are many colleges that offer this LLB course and some of the top colleges are,
>> NALSAR University of Law, Hyderabad
>> National Law School of India University, Bangalore
>> Faculty of Law University of Delhi, New Delhi
>> Faculty of Law, BHU Varanasi
>> Symbiosis Law School, Pune
>> Gujarat National Law University, Gandhinagar
15th September 2016, 09:34 PM
secret29
Senior Member+

Yes, Off course you are eligible for the Law courses like LLB because the minimum educational requirement to get admission in Law college is to have Graduate degree in any streams.

Some of the reputed college are as below :

1. Faculty of Law of University
2. The University Law College
3. Amity Law School
4. Bangalore Institute of Legal Studies
5. Bharati Vidyapeeth University
6. Indian Law Society
7. Rajiv Gandhi National University of Law
8. New Law Academy
9. Rajiv Gandhi National University of Law
10. Delhi Faculty of Law
15th September 2016, 11:16 PM
BISWAROOP JOGI

Yes!! You can do law courses after B.com.

After Graduation : By opting 3 years long L.L.B. course after Graduation from any Discipline

LAW COURSE AFTER GRADUATION

-> Graduates from most branches and disciplines may pursue L.L.B. course (3 years long program )

->> Instead of going for regular L.L.B. program, Graduates may go for Integrated programs like-

-> M.B.A. L.L.B
-> M.Sc. L.L.B
-> M.Com. L.L.B.

-> Most of these Integrated programs are relatively new and offered by few institutes in India.
-> After obtaining an L.L.B Degree or completing the Integrated Law program, Law graduates may even goo for specialization by selecting Master's courses-L.L.M/M.B.L/M.B.A. et.
16th September 2016, 12:10 AM
Maa ka pyaar
Senior Member+++++

Yes, you can pursue bachelor in legislative law and after that eligible for higher course such as LLM and practice as advocate.

The eligibility to pursue LLB course is candidate must have passed bachelor degree from recognised university. The minimum required marks to appear for examination to get admission in varies with different colleges/universities.

There is no age limit to get admission in course.
16th September 2016, 12:26 AM
TLSAAAA
Senior Member+++++

Being a Bachelor of Commerce (B.Com) degree holder you are eligible for pursuing Bachelor of Legislative Law ( LLB ).

As for pursuing LLB course the minimum educational requirement is a higher secondary school degree course in any discipline from a recognized board. But on the ground of higher secondary school degree level one is eligible for pursuing only LLB course of five years.

But being a graduate you are eligible for both LLB course of three years and five years. Also in my view the better option out of these two will be the option LLB course of three years as it would save two crucial years of your academics.
16th September 2016, 12:09 PM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Yes, you are eligible for Law course at Mumbai University but you should qualify in CLAT entrance exam.

Those candidates who have completed 12th standard from any stream with above 50% marks from a recognized board are eligible LLB course but you should qualify in CLAT exam.

There are no age criteria.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?