5th May 2018, 09:58 PM
Unregistered

Which all subjects are required in 11th and 12th to be eligible for applying to CA and become a Chartered Accountant?

I have 4 subjects in 11th. Those subjects are Accountancy - Costing and Taxation, Business Studies and Computer Application. Can I apply for CA with those subjects?

15th July 2018, 04:11 PM
Blessmegod
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Which all subjects are required in 11th and 12th to be eligible for applying to CA and become a Chartered Accountant?

CA refers to Chartered Accountancy and the same course is divided into three stages which includes foundation course in CA followed by IPCC (Integrated Professional Competence Course ) and the final stage course.

The minimum education required for pursuing CA course (i.e; foundation course in CA ) is a higher secondary school degree in any discipline from a recognized board.

So, having opted above mentioned subject combination for your higher secondary school degree course, you are eligible to pursue CPT and hence for CA course.

For more details regarding CA course, you can refer to the link www.icai.org
15th July 2018, 06:28 PM
Angry Girl
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Which all subjects are required in 11th and 12th to be eligible for applying to CA and become a Chartered Accountant?

Yes, you can apply for CA with those subjects.

CA stands for Chartered Accountant and it is one of the best course with brightest scope in the management field.

To be eligible for same course from a recognized college or IIMs you will have to clear CAT ( Common Aptitude Test) and for appearing in the same examination one needs to have at least a Bachelor of Commerce degree with a minimum 50% marks aggregate from a recognized board.

So, if you quite determined for going for CA course then you must go for the Commerce stream with Mathematics from your higher secondary degree onward so that you do not have to face the change in stream at sudden which might have risk.
15th July 2018, 08:46 PM
Rab Rakha
Senior Member+++

CA stands for Chartered Accountancy and it is a professional degree course after completing which one heads towards becoming a Chartered Accountant.

Further, the whole CA course is divided into three parts which includes foundation course in CA, IPCC ( Integrated Professional Competence Course ), and the final stage course.

Also, the minimum education required to appear in CPT ( Common Proficiency Test ) for admission to foundation course of CA is a higher secondary school degree in any discipline from a recognised board of education.

So, it is quite evident from above details that you will be eligible to pursue CA course once you complete your higher secondary school degree irrespective of the subject combination pursued by you at your Class 12th level.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?