1st March 2011, 01:33 PM
SHANKAR GOWRI P

Am I applicable for maximum age limit in IPS/IAS exam if I belong to Lingayat/Veerashaiva?

I belong to lingayat/veerashaiva .whether i'm applicable for max age limit for ias /ips

31st May 2011, 04:08 PM
hitendra kumar malik

Thumbs up Re: Am I applicable for maximum age limit in IPS/IAS exam if I belong to Lingayat/Veerashaiva?

my friend age limits for ips/ias is 21yr to 30 yr....

all the very best
31st May 2011, 09:25 PM
rohitkumarramesh
Senior Member++++

Default Re: Am I applicable for maximum age limit in IPS/IAS exam if I belong to Lingayat/Veerashaiva?

Age Limit for IPS/IAS exams are: 21-30 years.

Age relaxation: for OBC candidates: 3 years.
For SC/ST candidates: 5 years.

If the community that you have mentioned lies in SC/ST or OBC category and you belong to the same then yes you are eligible to avail the maximum age limit benefit for IAS and IPS.
i.e 3 years for OBC and 5 years for SC/ST.
31st May 2011, 10:00 PM
VEERU_VIRENDR
Senior Member+

Default Re: Am I applicable for maximum age limit in IPS/IAS exam if I belong to Lingayat/Veerashaiva?

Hello,
The eligibility criteria to appear in UPSC, IAS/IPS exam-
*Graduation from affiliated university with min. Aggregate 60%, or equivalent in any stream.
*Age limit for OBC category-21-33 yr.
attempt-7

*Age limit for SC/ST category-21-35 yr. On 1st july of exam year.
attempt-there is no age limit upto 35 yr.
For more information you can visit-www.upsc.gov.in
ok,best of luck.
31st May 2011, 10:25 PM
balathegreat
Senior Member+

Hi friend
maximum age limit for IAS exam is
21-30 years.
31st May 2011, 10:45 PM
mandiv

hello
dear the upper age limit for IPS is 22-30 years with an age relaxation of 3-5 years for obc-sc/st respectively...
since your caste comes under obc so you may apply till the max. age of 33 years....
you need to provide the obc certificate
all the best
31st May 2011, 10:51 PM
kumarpravir007
Senior Member+++

hello friend
the eligibility in the form of the age limit is about 21 years to 30 years for general candidates
and there is the upper age relaxation for the OBC and the SC/ST candidates
for the OBC students there is 3 years of the age relaxation
and for the SC/ST there is 5 years of the age relaxation

and if the religion or the caste that is Lingayat/Veerashaiva as you have mentioned belongs to any of the reserved classes then you can avail the age relaxation in the IAS/IPS entrance exam
31st May 2011, 11:04 PM
jxsab
Senior Member+++++

Cool Re: Am I applicable for maximum age limit in IPS/IAS exam if I belong to Lingayat/Veerashaiva?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SHANKAR GOWRI P View Post
I belong to lingayat/veerashaiva .whether i'm applicable for max age limit for ias /ips
Hey friend,

IAS - Indian Administrative Exam

Age limits :

The candidate must have a age limit of 21-30 years.

IPS - Indian Police Service

Age limits:

The candidate must have a age limit of 21 years.
For GENERAL-30,
For OBC-33,
For SC/ST-35;
For EX-Service men will have 5 Years excemption.

Thank you.
31st May 2011, 11:43 PM
JAMESS
Senior Member+++++

for IPS or IAS you have to appear in civil service examination. for civil service examination the eligibility criterion is candidate should have minimum of graduation degree in any discipline from a recognized university.

also the age criterion to appear in civil service examination is candidate should have age between 21 to 30 for general category candidates.

there is relaxation of 5years in upper age limit for SC/ST candidate and relaxation of 3 years for OBC candidates.

now if you have any reserved category certificate then age limitation will be according to that. otherwise you will be considered as general category candidate and your age must be in between 21 to 30 to appear in civil service examination.

here i am attaching the notification for this year civil service examination. go through the attachment for all details about the civil service examination and other eligibility criterion. visit UPSC website http://www.upsc.gov.in for more details about the civil service examination.

best wishes.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf cs2011_eng.pdf(346.2 KB, 71 views)
31st May 2011, 11:49 PM
mishra245

Age limit for IPS/IAS exam is 21-30 years.
And also the category can get the relaxation in the exam as for SC/ST five years and for OBC this is three years.
31st May 2011, 11:50 PM
Deb51

there are three type of category. don't know with this what you want to say and in which category you belong.
for general category age should be in between 21 to 30 for civil service examination.
For sc/st 5 years age relaxation in upper age limit.
For OBC 3 years age relaxation in upper age limit.
just recognize in which category you belong.
31st May 2011, 11:51 PM
babydoll

Lingayat/Vererashaiva belongs to the SC/ST categories so you can appear for the IAS/IPS exam till 35 years of age.
As the eligibility for the IAS/IPS exam is graduation from recognized university and the age limit will be from 21 to 30 years for the general candidate.
There will be 5% relaxation for the reserved candidates.
So you are eligible for the IAS as the maximum age 35 years.
31st May 2011, 11:52 PM
venkataprakash.v
Senior Member+++++

Both Exams consist same Age limits.

Eligibility Criteria :

Minimum 21 yrs and Maximum 30 yrs as on August 1st of the year of Examination.

Maximum 3 yrs Relaxation for OBC candidates.

Maximum 5 yrs Relaxation for SC/ST candidates.

The candidate should have a graduate degree from a recognized University.

4 attempts for General candidates.
1st June 2011, 12:16 AM
BALWINDER SINGH

Age limit: 21 years must be completed on 1st August of the year, which a candidate is appearing. Maximum 30 for general category, 33 for OBCs and 35 for SCs/STs. Ex-servicemen will get 5 more years exemption from the prescribed age limit.

(The date of birth accepted by the Commission is that entered in the Matriculation or Secondary School Leaving Certificate or in a certificate recognised by an Indian University as equivalent to Matriculation or in an extract from a Register of Matriculates maintained by a University, which extract must be certified by the proper authority of the University or in the Higher Secondary or an equivalent examination certificate).
1st June 2011, 12:17 AM
foreturner
Senior Member+

well if you are in gen category

you can write upsc upto 30 yrs of age

if you are obc it is max 33 years

and for sc/st candidates there is 35 yrs of age limit

find which category you belong to.
1st June 2011, 12:25 AM
priyanka_swengg
Senior Member+++++

Smile Re: Am I applicable for maximum age limit in IPS/IAS exam if I belong to Lingayat/Veerashaiva?

Age limit for civil service exam is:

General category:
candidate must have attained 21 years and not be over 30 years on August 1 of the year of examination.

SC/ST:
up to a maximum of 5 years.

OBC:
up to a maximum of 3 years.

A general candidate can attempt Four times only.Where as Seven attempts of OBCs. And no limit for SCs/STs.
1st June 2011, 12:28 AM
mobeshpal
Senior Member+++++

hi,
for appearing IPS/IAS exam criteria is:--

candidate must pass graduation in any stream or candidate can apply for exam those are eligigble to seat in exam.

age-21 to 30 years
5 year relaxation for SC/ST/PH candidate..
1st June 2011, 12:29 AM
Ankur agrawal

Hiii,
The max age limit for you in this exam is the 21 to 35 years at the time of application ..
ankur
1st June 2011, 12:54 AM
VEERU_VIRENDR
Senior Member+

Hello,
Eligibility criteria to appear in upsc/ IAS exam-
*graduation from affiliated university with min. 60%, or equivalent in any stream.
Age limit-21-30 yr. On 1st july of exam year.(general category)
for more information-www.upsc.gov.in
1st June 2011, 02:16 AM
pooja bhartii

age limit for IAS/IPS:- 21-30 years
For sc/st :- upper age relaxable upto 5 years
for OBC :- upper age relaxable upto 3 years.

so if you belong to any of these categories then you can apply.
1st June 2011, 02:35 AM
sumansin
Senior Member+++++

Friend,
You can apply,
If you count in OBC category then you get 3 years relaxation in Age.
If you count in SC/ST then you get 5 years relaxation in Age.

Age Limit of IPS/IAS is 21 to 30 for general.
Qualification-Graduation

For more details you can visit this site-www.upsc.gov.in
6th August 2011, 06:51 PM
Unregistered

sir,i belong to OBC category and a permanent resident of state of JAMMU AND KASHMIR.What these two provision will give benefit?
2nd January 2013, 07:03 PM
Unregistered

does veerashiva lingayath belongs to OBC
24th December 2013, 08:58 PM
Unregistered

i am belong to lingayat/veershaiva that cast under the list obc of central gov or not
1st January 2019, 11:22 PM
Unregistered

My date of birth.30.10.1984 Cast verasheva ligayta (obc) I am in elgebla in a upsc exam ias please reply sir.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?