5th May 2013, 04:00 AM
Unregistered

Am I eligible to appear for GATE after passing MBBS?

I am a MBBS graduate practising for past 5years. Do l have to appear for gate or am I eligible for direct entry for the programme?

5th May 2013, 10:20 AM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible to appear for GATE after passing MBBS?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I am a MBBS graduate practising for past 5years. Do l have to appear for gate or am I eligible for direct entry for the programme?

GATE stands for Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering .

This exam is conducted for M-Tech admission , PHD admission and some of the organization recruit the candidate through GATE score.

If you have Bachelor’s degree in Engineering/Technology or Architecture/Design or its equivalent or masters degree in science department are applicable for GATE Exam.

There is no marks criteria in Graduation degree for GATE exam.

You are from MBBS background so you are not applicable for GATE Exam .

There are no restriction for attempts in GATE exam.You can apply here maximum time.There is no age criteria but your minimum age must be above 18 years.

GATE score is valid for TWO years . 3rd year student are NOT eligible for GATE exam. Only final year and pass out batch are eligible for 2014 GATE exam.
5th May 2013, 10:50 AM
Unregistered

After mbbs.best coaching institute in delhi for preperation of md/ms pg.
5th May 2013, 12:22 PM
dhirajen18
Senior Member+++++

GATE stands for Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering which is only meant for B.Tech. Engineering Graduate for selection of candidate for admission to M.Tech. Courses in IITs, NITs and other reputed institutions.

Hence after passing MBBS(Bachelor of Medicine and Bachelor of Surgery), one is not eligible to appear for GATE and this is not also necessary for a MBBS Graduate to appear for GATE.
5th May 2013, 01:21 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

Sorry MBBS Graduates are not eligible for GATE. Only those who have following qualification can apply for GATE.

Bachelor’s degree holders in Engineering/Technology/ Architecture (4 years after 10+2) and those who are in the final year of the course

OR

Master's degree holders in any branch of Science/Mathematics/ Statistics/Computer Applications or equivalent and those who are in the final year of the course.

Hence you are definitely not eligible for GATE because your qualification doesn't match with the above criteria.

You can apply for Masters in your respective field if you want to study further. Specialization is good for MBBS doctors.

You can apply for NEET PG entrance examination. This exam is conducted for those who want to go for Post Graduation after MBBS.

For more information visit http://www.cbseneet.nic.in
5th May 2013, 01:22 PM
vishal.attitude

hello friend

@ my dear as you belongs to medical line and complete your mbbs

@ so my dear you are not able to apply for GATE exam

@ you must be B.Teh in any field to give gate exam

@ but my dear there is lot of scope in your own field than why you go for gate exam think a time than after take decision

@ you must apply for govt medical hospitals or set up your own one

with regards !
5th May 2013, 02:35 PM
Unregistered

What is the maximum age to give entrance of GATE? I am 33 yrs old and qualification was M.C.A. (2006), Can I appear for next GATE exam?
5th May 2013, 03:08 PM
vikash kumar prajapati
Senior Member+++

Quote:
No you will not be eligible to appear in GATE Exam.This exam is conducted by IIT(Indian Institute of Technology) for taking admission in M.Tech Course in various branches of Engineering.
Those candidates who are from Engineering/Science/Mathematics background will only be eligible to apply for this exam.

Educational qualification :-
  • You should have a B.Tech/B.E degree from recognized university.
  • MCA/Master degree in Physics,Chemistry,Mathematics.
Exam Pattern for GATE Exam :-
  • Total duration of this exam will be 3 hours.
  • Total number of questions will be 65.
  • Questions will be multiple type with 4 options.
  • There will be Negative marking for each wrong answers.
Selection Process :-
  • If your marks will be above 96 percentile then you can apply for IIT Campuses.
  • If your percentile will be between 96 to 86 then you can apply for Jadavpur,Shivpur,Roorke.
  • If your score will be below 80 then you will have to look mfor the best Institute on your own.
5th May 2013, 05:34 PM
aashisranjan784
Senior Member+++++

Dear Friend

I do not why do you want to go for the GATE after M.B.B.S ,it is really surprising but as per your query ,

Here I am mentioning the eligibility criteria for the Graduate Aptitude test in Engineering conducted by the Indian Institute of Technology after that you will be able to know that whether you are eligible for the test or not:

Educational qualification:

>>Minimum of bachelor's degree in engineering /technology from a recognized university in any discipline.Final year engineering candidates can also apply for the exam.

>>Also candidates with master's degree in the mathematics,/computer applications,/statistics and also those who are in final year of it can apply for the GATE exams.

>>Candidates in fourth year of integrated courses like B.tech+M.Tech are also eligible for the exams.

Note: Pre final year candidates are not eligible and also the diploma holders in engineering.

So if you have studied any one of the courses mentioned above after MBBS or before then you are eligible for the GATE exam otherwise not .

Hope the information will definitely help you .If you want any more clarification or you have any other query please leave it here.

all the best for your career.

aashisranjan784
5th May 2013, 05:53 PM
sherleytwain
Senior Member+++++

Which program are you talking about? GATE is not the entrance exam for you. General Aptitude Test for Engineering is conducted for candidates who have completed B.Tech course and now wishes to do M.Tech.

On the other hand you have completed MBBS. Doctors are not eligible for M.Tech therefore do not consider applying for the GATE entrance exam and instead you should consider pursing MD course.

To appear for GATE you should have a valid B.Tech degree. Alternatively M.Sc and MCA degree holders are also eligible to apply for GATE.

You on the other hand are doctor and not Engineering student. GATE entrance exam is irrelevant for you. It would be better for you to appear for PG NEET entrance exam which is conducted for admission in MD.

This entrance exam was started last year. It replaced all existing entrance exam. Today NEET is the common entrance test for admission in post graduation course in India after completing BDS or MBBS.

The PG NEET is a computer based test which is conduced in November/December. There are total of 240 multiple choice qestions in the exam. The duration of the test is 3 hours.

To appear for the PG NEET entrance exam you should have MBBS degree or the Provisional Pass Certificate which is recognized by the Medical Council of India. Apart from this you should have also completed 1 year of mandatory internship to appear for the PG NEET entrance exam.
5th May 2013, 07:55 PM
Unregistered

what is information about BAMS student...
6th May 2013, 01:42 PM
DKG7
Senior Member+++

Thumbs up Re: Am I eligible to appear for GATE after passing MBBS?

Quote:
Dear Friend,

GATE stands for Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering

sorry , you are not eligible for Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering exam after passing MBBS.....

If you have completed graduation degree in Engineering/Technology or Architecture/Design then you are eligible for GATE exam...

Final years students also eligible for this exam...

There is no marks criteria for this exam...

There is no age limit but your minimum age must be above 18 years old.

There are no attempts limit....

GATE score is valid for 2 years .

Citizenship of India....

All the best..

25th January 2014, 01:40 AM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by vishal.attitude View Post
hello friend

@ my dear as you belongs to medical line and complete your mbbs

@ so my dear you are not able to apply for GATE exam

@ you must be B.Teh in any field to give gate exam

@ but my dear there is lot of scope in your own field than why you go for gate exam think a time than after take decision

@ you must apply for govt medical hospitals or set up your own one

with regards !
i wanted to do research
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?