1st January 2013, 08:50 AM
Unregistered

Am I eligible to attend for GATE exam after passing B.Tech

i passed b tech with 58% aggregate.am i eligible for doing m tech?am i eligible for attending gate exam held in kerala?how much aggregate in b tech is required for mtech?

9th January 2013, 11:23 PM
end of query
Senior Member+

Default Re: Am I eligible to attend for GATE exam after passing B.Tech

Yes, you're eligible for giving gate because the minimum criteria needed to give the exam is that you should be having a minimum aggregate of 55% marks in your graduation.
There is no limit of age in order to give the exam, you can give it as many times you want.
Gud luck
4th February 2013, 06:56 PM
Unregistered

i m a 4th sem student of b.tech when i m eligible for gate xam?
27th June 2013, 06:00 PM
Unregistered

After doing btech from DU would i be eligible for GATE?????
24th September 2013, 09:39 AM
Unregistered

I completed BE mechanical engineering with 50% aggregate .Am i eligible for GATE ? what is the minimum % of mark required to appear GATE ?
11th March 2014, 06:12 PM
Bestanswerer
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
i m a 4th sem student of b.tech when i m eligible for gate xam?
No your not eligible for GATE Examination, Because at present you're an 4th Year B.tech Candidates. Only Final year candidate are eligible to apply for GATE Examination.

So, I suggest to Concentrate on your studies , After Completing B.tech Course you may apply for this Examination .

GATE stands for Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering . It's an Engineering Entrance Examination . The candidate who aspiring to Apply for M.tech (or) M.E Course for then the candidate should Qualified in GATE Examination .

Eligibility Criteria required for GATE Examination :-

~~ The Applicant should Qualified in ( B.tech / B.E Course ) in One of the Specialization ( Engineering / Architecture / Technology )
~~ Final year candidate of B.E Candidate may also eligible to apply for this Examination .
~~ The Applicant should Complete Master degree in any branch of ( Mathematics / Science / Statistics / Computer Applications ) or its equivalent Course from recognized University
~~ The Applicant should Complete ( M.tech / M.E) in ( Technology / Engineering ) from recognized University .
~~ The Applicant should qualified in B.sc / 4 years Integrated M.E M.tech Program from recognized University .

Books for GATE Examination :-

# GATE Examination ( Civil Engineering )by G K P
# GATE Examination ( Computer Science Previous Solved Papers & Practice Papers ) by Made Easy
# GATE Examination ( Instrumentation Engineering ) by The Gate Academy
# GATE Examination ( Mechanical Engineering ) by The Gate Academy
# GATE Examination ( Electrical Engineering ) by The Gate Academy
# GATE Examination ( Mechanical Engineering ) by Vikas Slariya
# GATE Examination ( Instrumentation Engineering ) by G K P
12th March 2014, 08:45 PM
nareshsunrise
Senior Member++

GATE stands for Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering. This Exam is being conducted to give admission for the candidates for M.Tech course in various colleges across the India.

Here is the eligibility criteria required for the candidates to apply for this Exam.

One should have completed Graduation in Engineering with any of the stream from a recognized university.

Candidates who are pursuing final year of Graduation in Engineering are also eligible to apply for GATE Exam.

There is no upper age limit required for the candidates to apply for this Exam. One can apply for this Exam at any age.

In addition, there is no limit on the number of attempts for this Exam. One can take this exam as many times as they wanted.

The validity of the GATE score is for a period of 2 years in the sense if you have appeared for GATE Exam in 2 consecutive years, you can use the score whichever is best for you to get admission for M.Tech course.

As you have completed your B.Tech course with 58% of marks, you are eligible to apply for GATE Exam.

For this academic year, the GATE Exam is successfully completed. So, you can apply for this exam in the next academic year.

The notification will be released in the month of October and exam will be conducted in the month of February.

Practice Previous year question papers and try to be perfect in all the aspects of the written exam by the time you appear for it.

Wish you all the best.
13th March 2014, 01:47 PM
SATYAVATHI KOTTURU
Member+

you are eligible for the exam
the eligibility is like this
1,Either you are a prefinal year or final year student of B>TECH
2.or You completed b>TECH
13th March 2014, 09:08 PM
NIVYA MOL S

Quote:
I completed BE mechanical engineering with 50% aggregate .Am i eligible for GATE ? what is the minimum % of mark required to appear GATE ?
Sorry, you are not eligable for GATE with 50% aggregate. The minimum % of mark required to appear gate is 55%. Improve your % for PG courses.
13th March 2014, 09:10 PM
sanniha

Thumbs up Re: Am I eligible to attend for GATE exam after passing B.Tech

Quote:
i passed b tech with 58% aggregate.am i eligible for doing m tech?am i eligible for attending gate exam held in kerala?how much aggregate in b tech is required for mtech?
yes, your eligible for the gate examination. whoever completed their B.Tech with any integrated course they are eligible for GATE(Graduavate Aptitude Test in Engineering) and whoever in last year of B.Tech they also eligible for the GATE examination for doing M.Tech.
There is no Upper age limit you can apply until you get satisfy.
you want to be get good rank in GATE exam you should have conceptual knowledge then it is easy to get the good rank and solve the previous Question papers then you get basic idea about standards of question paper.

Wish you all the best..........
13th March 2014, 09:17 PM
NIVYA MOL S

Thumbs up Re: Am I eligible to attend for GATE exam after passing B.Tech

Quote:
You are eligible to appear GATE exam held in kerala. The minimum % required to appear gate exam is 55%.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?