24th May 2016, 11:11 PM
sidd8960

Am I eligible to appear for PMT after completion of class 12th with less marks?

I have passed 12 class with
Phy-43
Bio-44
Chem-44
Eng-69
Hindi-92
I am eligible to appear for pmt? What is the eligibility criteria followed for the same?

25th May 2016, 10:52 AM
TLSAAAA
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible to appear for PMT after completion of class 12th with less marks?

Yes, you are eligible to appear for AIPMT ( NEET ) examination conducted by CBSE to get admission in medical courses.

As per required eligibility to appear for examination candidates need to have passed 10+2 from any recognised board with PCB/Biotechnology and English with minimum 50%. The age limit to appear for examination is 17-25 years as on 31st December of year of appearing for examination.

So, you can appear for examination. For more information about examination visit at www.cbse.nic.in.
25th May 2016, 03:01 PM
avinash1997
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible to appear for PMT after completion of class 12th with less marks?

First of all I would like to inform you that from current academic session the AIPMT or any state PMTs are replaced by a single entrance examination i.e; NEET for admission in government medical college for the courses of MBBS or BDS.

NEET stands for National Eligibility cum Entrance test and from this year it is to be held by CBSE for selection of students for their undergraduate courses i.e; MBBS OR BDS from government medical colleges.

--> For appearing in the same examination, you must have the qualifications given here under :-

* You must have the nationality of India with your age lying within 17 years to 25 years till the 31st December of same year in which you are appearing in the same examination.

* You must have completed your higher secondary school degree with Physics, Chemistry and Biology as your main subjects with a minimum of 50% aggregate ( in case of PH and SC/ST it must be at least 40% ) overall from a recognized institute.

So having secured 43 marks in Physics, 44 marks in Biology and Chemistry both your overall aggregate in PCB sums up to 43.33% which is not enough to satisfy the above mentioned required educational qualification in case you belong to General or OBC category. But if you belong to SC/ST or PH category then you are eligible for appearing in the same.

For more details about queries related to NEET you can log on to the link www.cbse.nic.in.
25th May 2016, 06:26 PM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by sidd8960 View Post
I have passed 12 class with
Phy-43
Bio-44
Chem-44
Eng-69
Hindi-92
I am eligible to appear for pmt? What is the eligibility criteria followed for the same?
If you fulfill below given criteria, then you are eligible for PMT entrance exam.

Those candidates who have completed 12th standard with above 50% marks with PCB from Maharashtra board are eligible for PMT entrance exam.

Your age should be in between 16 to 25 years.
25th May 2016, 07:15 PM
taputanya
Senior Member+++++

The minimum eligibility criteria required to appear in all India pre medical entrance exam is:

A candidate must have Indian citizenship.

A candidate must have passed the class 12th with medical stream with minimum 50% marks and 45% for reserved categories from recognised board.

Age limit should be in between 17 to 25 years and relaxation in upper age limit is given to reserved category.
25th May 2016, 07:40 PM
aashisranjan784
Senior Member+++++

PMT stands for Pre Medical Test. From next year, there will be one and only entrance examination for admission in MBBS course that is National Eligibility cum Entrance Test. As per ordinance passed by Central Government, this year, NEET II will be conducted on 24th July but state governments can conduct their own entrance exam for this year only.

For MBBS entrance exam, candidate must have done 10+2 or appearing for board exam from a recognized board. Your subjects combination must include Physics, Chemistry and Biology. The minimum percentage of marks required in 10+2 for general and OBC candidate is 50% and for SC/ST, it is 40%.

You can apply for exam if you belong to SC/ST category otherwise there is no chance if you belong to OBC or Open category.
25th May 2016, 07:50 PM
jagrity7
Senior Member+++++

Yes, you can apply for PMT with your percentage of marks secured in 10+2.

PMT is an acronym for Pre-Medical Test.

General eligibility criteria to apply for PMT exam are as under :-

-The candidate should have passed 12th class with at least 50% marks from a recognized board of education.

-The candidate must have studied Physics, Chemistry, Biology and English as core subjects in 12th class.

-The candidate age limit to apply for the exam should be from 17 years to 25 years .

Questions for the exam are asked from following subjects :

Physics,

Chemistry,

Zoology, and

Botany.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?