17th June 2014, 12:50 PM
Unregistered

Can I apply for PGT post for English subject as per my qualification? What if my degree subject is not matching with PG subject?

Sir/Madam,

1. I did B.com with second language english(optional subject), M.A. English and Post graduate diploma in Teaching English (PGDTE) from English and Foreign languages university(EFLU), Hyd.
While joining, I came to know that with PGDTE I can appear for dsc and model schools PGT post for English subject. could you please tell me can i apply now.

2. For model schools , the eligibility criteria for PGT english is, one optional subject english at degree level, post graduation in English, and B.ED with english as methodology.
When i had applied the system is showing the message that degree subjects are not matching with PG subject.

Kindly let me know what to do. as only a few days are left over for last date for model schools. very desperate situation. Awaiting for your soon reply.

Thanking you,

Anita

Related Questions:
  1. Is PGDBA equivalent to Post Graduate degree as per UGC norms? Is it compulsory to opt for PG subject for NET exam? Can I take my graduation subject for NET exam?
  2. Vacancies for teachers in KV? -- [Most Discussed]
  3. Is it mandatory to appear in the subject of post-graduation only for NET?
  4. Can I get admission for M.A in English after taking English as Language subject in B.A Degree?
  5. After completing B.A in Psychology which field can I enter?
  6. NET study material for English Subject?
  7. Am I eligible to join M.A in Psychology in Bangalore University after passing B.Tech ECE? Cutoff percentage required in B.Tech?
  8. What is the new syllabus of PGT in Sociology subject?
  9. M.Pharm degree holder can apply for CSIR NET? Which subject to select?
  10. What should I do if my Maths is weak but theory subjects are good?
  11. Am I Eligible for The Post of Degree Lecturers ( Commerce)? I've completed MBA(Finance), PGDHRM, M.Phil. and currently pursuing Ph.d.
  12. DASA scheme eligibility with Maths as non-credit subject? What are compulsory and options subjects in DASA scheme?
  13. Is mathematics necessary for MSc in geology?
  14. Should I go for M.Ed degree after BSc B.Ed? Is PG in any subject necessary for M.Ed?
  15. How can I join Navy being a candidate having completed Degree course in Arts stream in the year of 2011?
  16. What's qualification required for the lecturer post in degree colleges?
  17. What should I do after BSc IT? Which is better between MBA and MCA?
  18. What I have to choose in 11th for bright career having no interest to join Biology an being an average student in Maths?
21st February 2015, 02:31 PM
Unregistered

Default Re: Can I apply for PGT post for English subject as per my qualification? What if my degree subject is not matching with PG subject?

I did M.A in English and dng M.Phil in bharathiyar university Coimbatore .I need a suitable job can I apply for PGT in English?
18th January 2017, 10:56 AM
Unregistered

Default Re: Can I apply for PGT post for English subject as per my qualification? What if my degree subject is not matching with PG subject?

B.Ed is a separate degree course. If you can not do it in regular, better join the course in distance education mode in IGNOU. Neither M.Phil nor PGDTE is considered for competitive examinations for the post of school teachers. Almost all the Indian universities consider the qualification for Ph.D.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?