6th February 2017, 12:48 PM
vishwamohan1996

Am I eligible to appear for TANCET exam while pursuing final year BCA course? How can I prepare for the exam?

Respected Sir, I have passed class 12th with Science stream (Mathematics) from BSEB scoring 72% marks and now I am in final year of BCA course. I want to appear for TANCET exam so I want to know am I eligible to appear for TANCET exam while pursuing final year BCA course? How can I prepare for the exam? Please answer as soon as possible.

Related Questions:
  1. How to prepare for TANCET exam after doing civil engineering final year? Books to be referred for TANCET exam?
  2. How should I prepare for TANCET exam? I am a B.E electrical and electronics student
  3. When will be the WIPRO WASE Exam? Am I eligible for this Exam being a candidate pursuing final year of BCA?
  4. Am I eligible to appear in TANCET-MBA if pursuing final year of B.E.(CSE)?
  5. List of Books and Study Materials to prepare for TANCET Exam to join MBA course being a candidate pursuing final year of B.Sc in Computer Science?
  6. Am i eligible for NIMCET exam having completed 12th with 59.80% and pursuing final year of BCA?
  7. How to prepare for TANCET exam after doing final year BSc Computer Science?
  8. Am I eligible for MCA entrance while pursuing final year BCA with honors
  9. How to prepare for KAS exam? I am writing BCA direct final year exam
  10. Detailed information and eligibility to study MCA through TANCET?
  11. Am I eligible to apply for Wipro Wase if I have completed Graduation and diploma course?
  12. How to prepare for TANCET MBA exam? Syllabus of the entrance exam? -- [Most Discussed]
  13. Date of TANCET Exam? Where to get application forms for this Exam? Which Books to prepare for this Exam? Previous year Question Papers for this Exam?
  14. Am I eligible to appear for CET exam while pursuing B.Com final year?
  15. Previous 5 years question papers for CSE? I am doing final year CSE and planning to write TANCET exam
  16. How to prepare for TANCET exam? I am a final year student
  17. Any tips for TANCENT exam for MCA after BCA?
  18. How to prepare for TANCET Exam to join MBA course being a candidate pursuing B.Sc in Mathematics?
31st January 2018, 01:06 PM
lvnareshsunrise
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible to appear for TANCET exam while pursuing final year BCA course? How can I prepare for the exam?

TANCET stands for Tamil Nadu Common Entrance Test. This is a state level exam being conducted once in a year to give admission for the candidates for various courses like MBA,MCA, M.Tech in various colleges of Tamil Nadu state.

Here is the eligibility criteria to apply for this Exam.

One should have completed Graduation with any of the stream from a recognized University with a minimum of 50% of marks.

Relaxation is there in percentage of marks upto 5% for the candidates of SC/ST category.

To join MCA course, one should have gone through Mathematics as the compulsory subject either in 10+2 or in Graduation.

Candidates who are pursuing final year of Graduation course are also eligible to apply for the Exam.

Having scored 72% of marks in your 10+2 and pursuing final year of Graduation, you are eligible to take this Exam. But ensure your aggregate percentage of marks is more than 50% for BCA course.

For MCA course, there would be 100 questions in the written exam from the below categories :
Quantitative Ability
Analytical Reasoning
Logical Reasoning
Computer Awareness
Verbal Ability
Basic Sciences

I would suggest you to prepare through R.S.Agarwal publications which covers all the areas of Reasoning.

Also, you can get the previous year question papers and see the areas from where more questions are being asked.

Also practice sample papers and try to improve your speed. You can also join in any coaching institute which will make your preparation so easy.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?