24th July 2018, 12:45 PM
Unregistered

Am I eligible to apply in Civil Services exam after completing Graduation from an Open University?

Respected Sir/Madam, I have completed my 12th and now I want to study Graduation from an Open University. I want to apply in Civil Services exam. Can I know that after completing my Graduation from an Open University, I can be eligible or not to apply for Civil Services exam?

26th July 2018, 04:59 PM
ranjan Ayush
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible to apply in Civil Services exam after completing Graduation from an Open University?

Civil Service Examination is conducted by UPSC. The examination is conducted every year.

It is conducted for selection as an I.A.S, I.P.S, I.F.S Officer. The eligibility to appear in examination is that candidate must have passed bachelor degree from a recognised university.

Candidates in final year can also apply for the examination.

The degree from an Open university which is recognised are also valid. The age limit is 21-32 years for general category.

Examination is conducted in three stages and candidates have to qualify in all stages for final selection. For more information visit at www.upsc.gov.in.
26th July 2018, 07:39 PM
AWNISH RANJAN CHAUDHARY
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible to apply in Civil Services exam after completing Graduation from an Open University?

The academic qualification required to apply for Civil Services examination is that candidate must have done bachelor's degree from a recognized university. If your open university is recognized from UGC then your degree is valid.

You can apply for Civil Services examination. The minimum age required to apply for Civil Services exam is 21 years.
26th July 2018, 08:24 PM
avinash1997
Senior Member+++++

Civil Services examination is held by UPSC once every year for recuitment of administrative officers like IAS, IPS, IFS, etc. .

The minimum education required for appearing in the Civil Services examination is a graduation degree in any discipline from a recognized regular or open university.

So, being a student of bachelor degree course from a open university you are eligible to apply for the Civil Services examination if your university is approved for distance education from UGC and DEC.

For more details regarding the Civil Services examination, you can refer to the link www.upsc.gov.in.
26th July 2018, 08:50 PM
TLSAAAA
Senior Member+++++

Civil Service is conducted by UPSC.

The eligibility to appear in examination is that :-

Candidate must have passed bachelor degree from a recognised university.

Age limit is 21-32 years. Relaxation for reserved category.

Examination is conducted in three stages :-

Preliminary.

Mains.

Interview.

Yes, if you are pursuing from a recognised university ( in open or regular ) then you are eligible to appear in examination. More information about examination is available at www.upsc.gov.in.
27th July 2018, 02:32 PM
Maa ka pyaar
Senior Member+++++

Candidates passed degree from open university are eligible to appear in Civil Service Examination.

It is conducted by UPSC. The examination is conducted for selection of an I.A.S, I.P.S, I.F.S Officer.

The required minimum educational qualification to appear in examination is that candidate must have passed bachelor degree from a recognised university. The age limit is 21-32 years with relaxation in upper age limit for reserved category.

The examination is conducted in three stages and candidates have to appear and qualify in all the stages for final selection.

To get more information about examination visit at www.upsc.gov.in.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?