23rd August 2017, 04:20 PM
Shreyas2395

Am I eligible to apply for M.Sc Mathematics after completion of BCA with 64 percent?

I wanted to know if I can apply for reputed institutes of M.Sc mathematics. I have completed BCA with 64 % aggregate under Shivaji university Kolhapur and i had " computer statistical methods/computer maths" subject in second year of BCA. The subject covered the following units:-

Unit 1 – Introduction to Statistics (12)
1.1 Meaning and Scope of Statistics, Primary and Secondary data.
1.2 Frequency, Frequency distribution, Qualitative and quantitative data, Discrete and Continuous
variables.
1.3 Representation of frequency distribution by graphs: Histogram, Frequency polygon, Frequency
curve, O give curve. Representation of Statistical data by Bar diagram and Pie chart.
1.4 Numerical examples based on 1.2, 1.3.
Unit 2 – Measures of Central Tendency and Dispersion (18)
2.1 Measures of central Tendency (Averages)
2.1.1 Meaning of averages, Requirements of good average.
2.1.2 Definitions of Arithmetic mean (A.M.), Combined mean, Median, Quartiles Mode, Relation
between mean, median and mode.
2.1.3 Merits and Demerits of Mean, Median and Mode.
2.1.4 Numerical examples based on 2.1.2.
2.1.5 Determination of Median and Mode by Graph.
2.2 Measures of Dispersion (Variability):
2.2.1 Meaning of Variability, Absolute and Relative measures of dispersion.
2.2.2 Definitions of Q.D., M.D., S.D. and Variance, Combined variance and their relative measures,
Coefficient of Variation (C.V.).
2.2.3 Numerical examples based on 2.2.2.
Unit 3 – Analysis of Bivariate data (15)
3.1 Correlation:
3.1.1 Concept of Correlation, Types of correlation (Positive, Negative, Linear and Non-linear),
Methods of studying correlation: Scatter diagram, Karl Pearson’s Correlation Coefficient (r) and
Spearman's Rank Correlation Coefficient (R).
3.1.2 Interpretation of r = + 1, r = -1, r = 0.
3.1.3 Numerical examples on 3.1.1and 3.1.2
3.2 Regression:
3.2.1. Concept of Regression, Definitions of regression coefficients and Equations of regression
lines. Properties of regression coefficients. (Statements only)
3.2.2 Numerical examples on 3.2.1.
Unit 4 – Sampling Techniques and Time Series Analysis (15)
4.1 Sampling Techniques:
4.1.1 Definitions of Sample, Population, Sampling, Sampling Method and Census method.
Advantages of sampling method over census method.
4.1.2 Types of sampling: Simple Random Sampling (with and without replacement), Stratified
Random Sampling, Merits and Demerits of S.R.S. and Stratified Sampling
4.1.3 Simple examples on Stratified Sampling.
4.2 Time Series: (Analysis and Forecasting)
4.2.1 Meaning and components of Time Series
4.2.2 Methods of determination of trend by
(I) Method of Moving Averages.
(II) Method of Progressive Averages.
(III) Method of Least Squares (St.Line only)
4.2.3 Numerical examples on 4.2.2.

I copy pasted the subject syllabus from college syllabus pdf. I had maths in 11th and 12th std (science). I wanted to know if I can apply for MSc mathematics. Please reply to this asap I really need help.

Related Questions:
  1. Can I pursue M.Sc in Mathematics after the completion of BCA?
  2. Am I eligible to do MSc Maths?
  3. Am I eligible to apply for jobs in software company after scoring 70 percent in BCA, 45 percent in 10th and 52 percent in 12th?
  4. Am I eligible to apply for M.Sc Maths entrance exam in 2018 after completion of B.Sc Maths with 55.40 percent? -- [New]
  5. Am I eligible to apply for PGT teacher after completion of graduation with 45 percent and masters with 56 percent?
  6. Am I eligible for D.Ed after completion of B.Sc with 48 percent and 12th with 50 percent?
  7. Am I eligible to do BCA being a Diploma holder?
  8. Am I eligible to get a good job in MNCs if I have scored 47 percent in 10th, 42 percent in 12th and 64 percent in BCA?
  9. Can I apply for BCA after B.Sc biological science course?
  10. Am I eligible to get admission in MCA if I do not have any mathematics paper in BCA but I have studied 12th with mathematics?
  11. Can I pursue BCA and MCA courses without having Mathematics in 12th Class?
  12. Can i do MSc IT after Diploma in same? What are the other options except B. Tech?
  13. Am I eligible to apply for BCA after completion of 12th bio maths?
  14. Am I eligible to do BCA after completion of diploma in Karnataka?
  15. Am I eligible to apply for HAL job after completion of diploma in civil engineering with 75.33 percent and 12th science with 52 percent?
  16. Am I eligible to apply for Bank Clerk exam after completion of intermediate with 50 percent marks?
  17. How to apply for MSc Mathematics in IGNOU after passing BSc B.Ed(Mathematics)
  18. Can I take admission in MSc math after dropping out for MSc physics?
25th August 2017, 03:30 AM
starberry

Default Re: Am I eligible to apply for M.Sc Mathematics after completion of BCA with 64 percent?

Yes, you can apply for M.Sc Mathematics after completion of BCA.

Education qualification required for M.Sc Mathematics is Bachelors from recognized university with minimum 55% aggregate marks with one of the subjects be Mathematics.
25th August 2017, 07:45 PM
avinash1997
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible to apply for M.Sc Mathematics after completion of BCA with 64 percent?

To be eligible for pursuing M.Sc in Mathematics one is required to have completed his/her bachelor degree course with Mathematics ( pure ) as a main subjects from a recognized university.

So being a student of BCA degree in which only computer Mathematics is taught you are not eligible to pursue M.Sc degree in Mathematics.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?