22nd March 2017, 03:14 PM
Unregistered

Am I eligible to apply for NDA while still doing 10th standard?

Am I eligible to apply for NDA while still doing 10th standard? Can I go ahead and fill up the form? Can you please give me the details on the same? What is the minimum criteria required to be eligible? Awaiting to get the response soon. Thanks!

22nd March 2017, 06:44 PM
Rab Rakha
Senior Member+++

Default Re: Am I eligible to apply for NDA while still doing 10th standard?

NDA refers to National Defence Academy and for joining NDA you need to qualify NDA entrance examination which is held by UPSC twice every year.

Being a student of Class 10th you are not eligible for joining NDA at this stage as for the same the minimum educational qualification required is a higher secondary school degree in any discipline from a recognized board.

For more details regarding NDA entrance examination you can refer to the link www.upsc.gov.in.
22nd March 2017, 08:26 PM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Am I eligible to apply for NDA while still doing 10th standard? Can I go ahead and fill up the form? Can you please give me the details on the same? What is the minimum criteria required to be eligible? Awaiting to get the response soon. Thanks!
No, 10th standard candidates are not eligible for NDA exam.

NDA stands for National Defence Service exam.

Candidates who have completed the 12th standard from a recognized board or equivalent exam are eligible for NDA exam. Final year of 12th standard candidate are eligible for NDA exam.

Your age should be in between to 16.5 years to 19.5 years.
22nd March 2017, 08:43 PM
Saikiranreddy47475
Senior Member+++++

No, you are not eligible to apply for NDA examination being a 10th standard student. The minimum educational qualification required to apply for NDA examination is completion of 12th standard or an equivalent examination in Science stream from a recognized board. The age criteria required to appear in NDA examination is 16.5 to 19.5 years. Since, you have not pursued 12th standard, being a 10th standard student, you are not eligible to apply for NDA examination.
22nd March 2017, 09:31 PM
queen199
Senior Member+++++

NDA stands for National Defence Academy and examination is conducted by UPSC twice every year.

The examination is conducted for recruitment in defence services ( Air Force, Navy, Army). The eligibility to appear for examination is that candidate must have passed or pursuing in 12th from a recognised board. The age limit is between 16.5-19.5 years.

Only male candidates are eligible to appear for examination. So, you are not eligible to appear for examination while studying in 10th std.

The examination is conducted in two stages and candidates have to qualify in both stages ( written and SSB ) for final selection. For more information about examination visit at www.upsc.gov.in.
23rd March 2017, 02:43 PM
Blessmegod
Senior Member+++++

NDA stands for National Defense Academy and for joining the same you need to clear NDA entrance examination held by UPSC twice every year.

The minimum eleigibility criteria required for appearing in NDA entrance examination are as here under :-

You must have the nationality of India.

You must be an unmarried male candidate with your age lying within 16.5 years to 19.5 years.

You must have completed your Class 12th in any discipline from a recognized board. Further for joining Indian Navy and Indian Air force your academics must include Physics and Mathematics as main subjects.

You must satisfy the physical and mental fitness as per the service requirement norms.

As it is evident from above mentioned eligibility criteria that for joining NDA one need to have completed his/her Class 12th and hence being a student of Class 10th you are not eligible for joining NDA at this stage.

For more details about NDA entrance examination you can log on to the link www.upsc.gov.in.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?