14th September 2017, 08:13 AM
Minahil Rana

Am I eligible to do masters in mass communication after completion of B.A in Jorunalism?

Sir/Mam, I am a student of arts and chose the subject of journalism in B.A. Now can I do masters in mass communication? Can you please provide me the details on the same? What should be the procedure followed to apply for the course? Thanks!

Related Questions:
  1. Am I eligible to do masters in mass communication after completion of B.Com course?
  2. Am I eligible to pursue masters in mass communication after completion of degree in English honors?
  3. Am I eligible to do masters in mass communication after completion of BA in English?
  4. Can I do masters in mass communication and journalism after completion of engineering?
  5. Colleges for Masters in Journalism & Mass Communication or Journalism or Journalism or Mass Communication? How to prepare for their entrance exams and what are the syllabus?
  6. Is it possible for me to do masters in fashion designing after completion of B.A Journalism and Mass communication?
  7. Cutoff for Petroleum Engineering course in top colleges? Which are the top colleges in Pune?
  8. Is it possible to do masters in Psychology after completion of graduation in mass communication?
  9. Will feb MAT help for the admission of master in mass communication?
  10. Eligibility for masters in mass communication after B.Tech?
  11. What is last date for applying for masters in mass communication at IIMC, Delhi?
  12. Is it compulsory to do graduation in mass communication to be eligible for applying masers in mass communication?
  13. Which degree course I should opt for to go for Journalism in future?
  14. Am I eligible for NET Exam in Lectureship pursuing Masters in Mass Communication and Journalism? -- [Most Discussed]
  15. Which course to choose after graduation to become a Journalist? -- [New]
  16. List of best Mass Communication universities of North-East to study masters in Mass Communication?
  17. Requirements to pursue Masters course in Mass Communications and Journalism being a candidate of pursuing Bachelors course in Mass Communication and Journalism?
  18. What are the range of courses under mass communication? -- [Most Discussed]
15th September 2017, 08:34 AM
AWNISH RANJAN CHAUDHARY
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible to do masters in mass communication after completion of B.A in Jorunalism?

The eligibility criteria for Master's degree in Mass communication is:

1. You must have done bachelor's degree in streams like arts, science, commerce or any other relevant stream. Some colleges of this stream ask for minimum of 65% marks in bachelor's degree.

2. Some colleges take direct admission whereas some on basis of merit.

Top Colleges are:

Indian Institute of Journalism and Mass Media.

Symbiosis Institute of Media and Communication.

A.K Kidwai Mass Communication Research Centre.

You are eligible to do master's degree in Mass communication after completion of Bachelor of Arts in Journalism.
15th September 2017, 09:58 AM
aashisranjan784
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible to do masters in mass communication after completion of B.A in Jorunalism?

Yes, you are eligible for master's degree in mass communication after completion of Bachelor of Arts in Journalism. The minimum academic qualification required for Master's degree in mass communication is bachelor's degree from a recognized university.

The top level institutes offering Master's degree in Mass communication conduct entrance exam for admission in this course. The top colleges for this course is:

>>Indian Institute of Mass Communication, New Delhi.

>>Xavier Institute of Communication, Mumbai.

>>A.J Kidwai Mass Communication Research Center, New Delhi.

>>Asian School of Journalism.
15th September 2017, 12:52 PM
queen199
Senior Member+++++

Yes, you are eligible to get admission in Master in Mass Communication course.

The common eligibility to appear in entrance examination to get admission in course is candidate must have passed bachelor degree in any discipline.

There is no limitation on discipline of bachelor degree to appear in examination.

In some of the universities there is restriction on age limit. So, for detail information about admission or entrance examination visit at official website for more details.

The examination paper contains question of :-

Logical Reasoning.

English and Comprehension.

General Knowledge and Current Affairs.

The written examination is followed by the personal interview and Group Discussion for final selection.

For detail information visit at official website of respective institutes.
15th September 2017, 03:44 PM
sampathkumar29
Senior Member+++++

Yes, you are eligible to study masters in Mass Communication. The full details are given below.

Eligibility criteria:
- The candidate should complete their Bachelor degree in any related stream with a fair percentage from any recognised university.
- The admission process varies from university to university and from state to state.
- Few universities conduct entrance exams and give admissions based on the performance in the entrance exam. Few universities give admissions directly based on the previous year performance.
15th September 2017, 04:10 PM
shweta 1411
Senior Member+++++

Yes you can pursue Master's degree in Mass Communication after completing graduation in Journalism. There is no any restriction in subject or stream selection.

Some of the top colleges to pursue Master's in Mass Communication are as follows:-

Indian Institute of Mass Communication, New Delhi
Xavier Institute of Communication, Mumbai
Anwar Jamal Kidwai Mass Communication Research Centre (AJK MCRC), New Delhi
Asian College of Journalism (ACJ), Chennai
Symbiosis Institute of Media & Communication (SIMC), Pune
Department of Communication and Journalism, Pune
Christ University, Bengaluru
15th September 2017, 04:34 PM
Rab Rakha
Senior Member+++

The eligibility criteria for Master's degree in Mass Communication:

Academic qualification for this course is graduation. Bachelor of Arts in Journalism candidates can apply for this course.

You can apply for this course in any of following Colleges:

1. International Institute of Mass Media.

2. Times School of Journalism.

3. Indian Institute of Mass Communication.
15th September 2017, 05:06 PM
ravinayadav256

Yes you are eligible for master in mass communication.

Eligibility for master in mass communication:-

Student must have passed a bachelor's degree in any stream from any recognized university.

Reputed colleges for master in mass communication:-

University of Madras
Chennai

Gujarat university
Ahmedabad

Pondicherry university
Ponsicherry

Amity university
Jaipur

Job profiles:-

Fashion photographer
Assistant manager
Public relation officer
Assistant technical officer
Event manager
Radio jockey
15th September 2017, 06:07 PM
Blessmegod
Senior Member+++++

The eligibility criteria to pursue Master's degree in mass communication:

*Bachelor's degree in any stream from a recognized university. Final year graduation candidates can also apply for this course.

*Bachelor of Arts in Journalism candidates are eligible for Mass communication.

Top Colleges for Master's degree in Mass communication:

International Institute of Mass Media.

Indian Institute of Mass Communication.

National Institute of Mass Communication, New Delhi.

School of Communication, Manipal.
15th September 2017, 07:00 PM
TLSAAAA
Senior Member+++++

Yes, you are eligible to get admission in Master of Mass Communication course.

The eligibility to get admission in course is :-

Candidate must have passed bachelor degree in any discipline from a recognised university.

The required minimum aggregate in bachelor degree varies with universities.

The admission is offered after qualifying in various stages of examination. The various stage includes Written, Personal Interview etc.

For detail information about admission visit official website of respective university.
15th September 2017, 07:55 PM
Effort Never Dies
Senior Member+++++

Yes, you are certainly eligible to pursue Master's in Mass Communication course after completion of BA in Journalism course. There is a certain educational qualification required to be eligible.

>> You must have done Bachelor's Degree in any discipline from a recognized university to be eligible.

>> Bachelor Degree in Journalism is not needed to be eligible. But As you are done with BA in Journalism course, I am very sure that you are certainly eligible to pursue this Master's in Mass Communication Course.

>> Some of the colleges offering Master's in Mass Communication are ,

* Jamia Millia Islamia University

* Institute of Mass Communication and Media Technology

* Dibrugarh University

* National Institute of Mass Communication and Journalism

* Institute of Media Management and Technology...etc.,
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?