14th September 2017, 12:22 PM
raju29130714

Can B.Pharm student with MPC background join in MCA course?

Dear Sir/Mam, I completed my graduation in B.Pharmacy I studied MPC in the intermediate level, I want to do MCA is I eligible for this course. Will I get good opportunity after this? Please help me with your valuable suggestion for me. Thank you!

15th September 2017, 06:36 AM
manjira...

Default Re: Can B.Pharm student with MPC background join in MCA course?

Quote:
Originally Posted by raju29130714 View Post
Dear Sir/Mam, I completed my graduation in B.Pharmacy I studied MPC in the intermediate level, I want to do MCA is I eligible for this course. Will I get good opportunity after this? Please help me with your valuable suggestion for me. Thank you!
Yes, you are eligible to apply for MCA being a B.Pharm graduate since you have studied mathematics in 10+2 level. Candidates with a graduation in any stream can apply for MCA.

MCA is Master of Computer Application. It deals with the development of application software in different areas and skills in troubleshooting, advanced programming, hardware technology and internet. The duration of MCA is 3 years which also includes project works.

Eligibility Criteria for MCA are:-

>>Candidates should have a graduation degree in any stream with a minimum of 55% marks from a recognized university.

>>Final year candidates are also eligible to apply.

>>Candidates should have studied mathematics as one of the compulsory subjects in 10+2 level.

>>There is no age limitation.

Admission in most of the colleges is based on the marks in graduation level whereas some colleges also conduct entrance examination for admission in MCA course.

There are various sectors in which you can get job after completing MCA, are-

<>e-Commerce

<>Government Agencies

<>Schools and Colleges

<>Software Development Companies

<>Banking

<>Networking Companies

<>Design Support Companies.
15th September 2017, 08:27 AM
AWNISH RANJAN CHAUDHARY
Senior Member+++++

The full form of MCA is Master of Computer Applications.

The eligibility criteria for MCA course is:

1. You must have done bachelor's degree in streams like engineering, technology, pharmacy, science, computer applications etc.

2. You must have studied Mathematics at 12th level.

You can apply for MCA course if you are Bachelor of Pharmacy candidate with MPC background at 12th level. There are good job opportunities for MCA candidates in IT sector.
15th September 2017, 08:52 AM
aashisranjan784
Senior Member+++++

MCA stands for Master of Computer Applications. Yes, Bachelor of Pharmacy candidates can apply for MCA course. The essential qualification required for MCA is bachelor's degree in any stream from a recognized university of India. The most important requirement is that candidate must have studied Mathematics at senior secondary level.

You have completed your Bachelor of Pharmacy and studied MPC at intermediate level, so, you can pursue this course without any doubt. There are entrance exams for it like NIMCET, IITJAM etc. You can apply for these exams to get admission in top colleges of MCA.
15th September 2017, 11:39 AM
Career Expert
Senior Member+++++

No, B.Pharm students with MPC background are not eligible to join MCA course. To be eligible to join MCA course, you should have passed Bachelor's degree course in Computer Applications or any other relevant stream from a Government recognised university. So, being a B.Pharma student, you are not eligible to pursue MCA course.
15th September 2017, 11:51 AM
queen199
Senior Member+++++

Yes you are eligible to appear in entrance examination conducted by various institutes for admission in MCA course.

MCA ( Master of Computer Application ) is two year master degree course. The required eligibility to get admission in course is candidate must have passed 12th with Mathematics as main or paper or have Mathematics as main paper in graduation.

Since you have passed 12th with Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics. You can appear in NIMCET, JAM etc.

The minimum required aggregate to appear in examination varies with institutes. So, to get more details about examination visit official website.
15th September 2017, 12:27 PM
ranjan Ayush
Senior Member+++++

MCA is Master in Computer Application. It is two year duration course after completion of bachelor degree.

The basic eligibility to appear in entrance examination to get admission in course is candidate must have passed 12th with Mathematics as main paper.

Candidates with BCA qualification are also eligible to appear in examination.

There are broad number of opportunities in private and public sector job after completion of MCA course. So, you can appear in entrance examination to get admission in course.
15th September 2017, 01:21 PM
Rab Rakha
Senior Member+++

Master of Computer Application is a post graduate course and has good scope in Information technology sector.

Educational qualification required is:

Bachelor's degree is minimum requirement to apply for this course in any college of India.

Second requirement is that MCA aspirant must have studied mathematics at 10+2 level. If we both these conditions are fufilled then any candidate can apply for this course.

Bachelor of Pharmacy candidate with MPC background can apply for MCA course.
15th September 2017, 03:14 PM
avinash1997
Senior Member+++++

Bachelor of Pharmacy candidates are eligible to pursue Master of Computer Application course if they have done this degree from a AICTE recognized college or University Grants Commission approved college. The basic qualification for this course is that candidate should be graduate.

In addition to these qualification, mathematics at 10+2 level is compulsory for this course. You have mentioned that you have studied MPC subject at intermediate level, you can apply for this course.
15th September 2017, 05:43 PM
Blessmegod
Senior Member+++++

The eligibility criteria for Master of Computer Application:

*Candidate should be bachelor's degree passed or pursuing in final year of bachelor's degree from a recognized college of any university of India.

*Mathematics must be a compulsory subject at senior secondary level.

You can apply for MCA course after Bachelor's degree in Pharmacy. You will definitely get good job opportunities in Information technology company. The entrance exams for MCA is IIT JAM and NIMCET.
15th September 2017, 06:23 PM
shweta 1411
Senior Member+++++

Yes you are eligible to pursue MCA even after completing B.Pharm. There is no any restriction in higher education for stream selection.
Important thing to pursue MCA is that you must have a degree of graduation from any of the stream.
15th September 2017, 06:55 PM
lvnareshsunrise
Senior Member+++++

I don't think it is a good choice to switch to MCA course in Post Graduation after completion of B-Pharmacy course in Graduation.

Because, last 4 years you have spent your studies in Science stream with complete Science subjects and suddenly if you opt for MCA course with Computers subjects, you will have to face so many problems in understanding the subject knowledge and to perform well.

Moreover, at the time of job opportunities also, you will not be given preference. The importance would be given to those candidates who completed Graduation with Computers subjects like B.Sc Computers or BCA streams.

As per eligibility, you are eligible since you have completed your 10+2 with MPC stream.

In order to be eligible to join MCA course, one should have completed Graduation and there should be Mathematics as the compulsory subject either in 10+2 or in Graduation.

The admission would be given on the basis of performance in the Entrance Exam.

Each and every university will conduct its own Entrance Exam to give admission for the candidates for MCA course.

In addition there NIMCET Exam which is the common written Exam for the candidates to make entry into NIT's.

Instead of joining MCA course, I would suggest you to opt for M-Pharmacy course with the specialization as per your interest.

If you are not interested to join M-Pharmacy course, I would suggest you to opt for MBA course in Science specializations like
MBA in Hospital Management
MBA in Pharmaceutical Management.
15th September 2017, 07:12 PM
TLSAAAA
Senior Member+++++

Yes, you are eligible for admission in MCA course.

The only required qualification to get admission in course is :-

Candidate must have passed bachelor degree in any discipline from a recognised university.

Candidate must have passed 12th with mathematics as main paper or in bachelor degree.

The required aggregate in bachelor degree various with entrance test conducted for admission.

Some of the most common entrance test conducted for admission in MCA course are NIMCET, JAM etc.
15th September 2017, 08:05 PM
Effort Never Dies
Senior Member+++++

Yes, candidates from B.Pharmacy background are also eligible to pursue MCA (Master's in Computer Application) course.

In general, there is a certain educational qualification required to be eligible for pursuing this MCA course.

>> The basic educational qualification required to be eligible is "Bachelor's Degree" in any discipline in 10+3 or 10+4 pattern from a recognized university.

>> As any stream is allowed, I can say that Pharmacy background candidates are eligible to pursue this MCA course.

>> You are required to appear in MCA entrance examination's in order to get admission in those concerned colleges for pursuing this MCA Course.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?