25th October 2011, 02:40 AM
kaushik_92

Am I eligible for GATE Exam being a candidate of pursuing final year of Agricultural Sciences?

I`m a student in Final year of bachelors of Agricultural Sciences at GKVK bangalore I`m I eligible to write Gate?

Related Questions:
  1. How to prepare for GATE Exam being a candidate of pursuing final year B.Tech in ECE?
  2. Which are the institutes offering Ph.D? Am I eligible to apply for NIT? I am pursuing MSc Biotechnology
  3. How many attempts I have for GATE Exam having completed 2 attempts being a candidate of pursuing final year B.Tech?
  4. How to appear for GATE exam after pursuing B.Tech computer science engineering
  5. How many times I can appear for GATE Exam being a candidate of pursuing final year of B.Tech in IT? How many times the exam be conducted in a year?
  6. Institutes offering Ph.D through a GATE score of 345? Am I eligible to apply for NIT?
  7. NITs with GATE score of 435 and pursuing M.Sc(biotechnology)?
  8. Can I eligible for this year SNAP Exam being a candidate pursuing final year of Graduation with an age of 20 years?
  9. Can I be eligible for APPSC group II exam being a candidate of pursuing final year BSc?
  10. How to prepare for GATE Exam being a candidate of pursuing final year of Instrumentation Engineering?
  11. Am I eligible Group Exam being a candidate pursuing final year in B.Sc Biotechnology?
  12. Can I do PhD in Agriculture through GATE after completion of B.Tech(Agricultural Engineering)? -- [New]
  13. Am I eligible for upcoming GATE Exam being a candidate of pursuing 3rd year B.Tech in ECE? Validity of GATE score?
  14. Am I eligible for SBI PO Exam being a candidate of pursuing final year of B.Tech in EEE stream? -- [Most Discussed]
  15. Am I eligible to appear for GATE Exam being a candidate from final year of B.Sc in Agriculture? Can I get admission for M.Sc course through this Exam?
  16. Can a dropper candidate of final year Engineering appear for GATE Exam?
  17. Fee structure of MBA retail management?
  18. Am I eligible for TNPSC Exam being a candidate of pursuing final year BE in Tamil Nadu?
25th October 2011, 02:50 PM
saasmari
Senior Member++

Default Re: Am I eligible for GATE Exam being a candidate of pursuing final year of Agricultural Sciences?

Dear pal,
GATE is conducted for determining the aptitude of the engineers with which one is eligible to apply for his master course and for certain public sectors.
To appear in the exam one need to have certain academic background which are below
1.bachelor degree in engineering
2. Masters degree holders in the field of science and mathematics
3.5 years integrated b.sc graduates can also apply.
4. As per the new rule only final year graduates can apply
further the advantage with the test is that
5. There is no age limit for appearing in the exam
6. There is no restriction in the number of attempts.
25th October 2011, 06:13 PM
vike
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible for GATE Exam being a candidate of pursuing final year of Agricultural Sciences?

Dear Friend

If you are doing B.Sc. in Agriculture then you are not eligible for GATE.

If you are doing B.Tech. in Agricultural Engineering then you can apply for GATE.

To be eligible for GATE one shuould have passed or should be in final year of
B.Tech. or M.Sc. (or equivalent) course.

GATE is basically conducted for admission in M.Tech. (or higher) programs so B.Sc.
graduates are not eligible for GATE.

http://www.gate.iitm.ac.in/
25th October 2011, 08:13 PM
amuyoga

Thumbs up Re: Am I eligible for GATE Exam being a candidate of pursuing final year of Agricultural Sciences?

if you belongs to arts and science degree,then you are not eligible to attend GATE exam,2012you are eligible to attend GATE in final year of your degree...

if you belong to technology basis,you are eligible to attend the GATE exam...

all the best
25th October 2011, 09:22 PM
rchauhan294
Senior Member+

Thumbs up Re: Am I eligible for GATE Exam being a candidate of pursuing final year of Agricultural Sciences?

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaushik_92 View Post
I`m a student in Final year of bachelors of Agricultural Sciences at GKVK bangalore I`m I eligible to write Gate?
Am I eligible for GATE Exam being a candidate of pursuing final year of Agricultural Sciences?

Eligibility Criteria for GATE-2012

So you must have a bachelor's degree from engineering or more in same field background. if you have then you are eligible otherwise not.

With Regards
rchauhan294
30th October 2011, 08:13 PM
vinay21feb
Senior Member+++

Hello Friend

GATE ( Graduate Aptitude Test In Engineering ) is the All India common entrance exam for the entry to P.G ( M.Tech ) course to the young aspirants who had completed their Bachelor in Engineering.

GATE qualification is the minimum requirement for awarding various fellowships by different government organizations.

Every year GATE exam is organized by IISc ( Indian Institute Of Science ) and 7 IIT's and it is conducted by IIT Delhi.

Dude you didnot mention which branch previous GATE question papers are needed for your study here i am mentioning you the links where you can download the previous GATE question papers , Every year GATE exam is conducted by any of the 7 IIT's but the question paper comes from all the IIT's and they will choose the questions from each and every subject from different IIT's , so you do not think about the GATE IIT Delhi paper and study well

For any further information leave your message here.

REGARDS.

1. http://www.gateforum.com/gate_papers.php
2. http://gate.iitm.ac.in/gateqps.php
3. http://www.respaper.com/gate/
7th November 2011, 12:57 AM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaushik_92 View Post
Dear friend,

The eligibility criteria for GATE exam:-

(a) Bachelor’s degree holders in Engineering/Technology or its equivalent.

(b) Bachelor’s degree holders in Science/Mathematics/Statistics/Computer Science/Electronics/ followed by qualifications obtained through an examination conducted by professional societies recognized by UPSC/AICTE.

(c) Bachelor’s degree holders in Architecture/Design (for M Des program only)

(d) Master’s degree holders in Physics with Electronics/Instrumentation (for M Tech programs).

B.Sc degree are not eligible for GATE exam.Only M.sc degree are eligible for GATE exam

The maximum no of attempts for GATE exam is unlimited.

GATE score is valid for Two years.You can apply it for many times.

All the best.
2nd January 2012, 02:49 PM
Unregistered

is m.sc(tech) information systems degree offered by bits pilani eligible for gate/gre/toefel
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?