25th September 2017, 09:36 AM
Unregistered

Am I eligible to give CTET exam after completion of masters in social work?

I completed my graduation, with English major and competed my master in social work. Please do let me know if I am eligible to give CTET exam? What is the minimum criteria which are followed? It will be helpful if you can answer me back quick. Thanks!

25th September 2017, 08:03 PM
Blessmegod
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible to give CTET exam after completion of masters in social work?

CTET refers to Central Teacher Eligibility Test and same examination is held by CBSE for recruitment of teachers in various centrally funded CBSE schools like JNV, KV, etc. and other private CBSE affiliated schools.

As far as you are concerned about your eligibility for appearing in CTET being a Master degree holder in social work then I would like to let you know that for appearing in CTET you need to have an additional teacher training degree course ( i.e; D.El.Ed degree for appearing in CTET paper I and B.Ed in case of CTET paper II ) along with your bachelor degree course.

Therefore, if you hold any teacher training degree course along with your mentioned educational qualification then only you are eligible for appearing in CTET otherwise not.

For more details regarding CTET you can refer to its official link i.e; www.ctet.nic.in.
25th September 2017, 09:25 PM
yogeshsharma3047
Senior Member+++

Default Re: Am I eligible to give CTET exam after completion of masters in social work?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I completed my graduation, with English major and competed my master in social work. Please do let me know if I am eligible to give CTET exam? What is the minimum criteria which are followed? It will be helpful if you can answer me back quick. Thanks!

Yes, you are eligible to apply for CTET (Central Teacher Eligibility Test) after completing your bachelor’s degree in English and post graduation degree in social work. Here below are details regarding CTET test:-

>> CTET test is conducted by CBSE (Central Board of Secondary Education).

>> If applicant wants become teacher for class I to V (Primary Teacher), then minimum qualification required to apply is 10+2 from government recognized board with diploma in education with minimum 55% marks obtained.

>> If applicant wants to become class VI to VIII teacher, then minimum qualification required to apply is graduation with B.ED course from government recognized institute with minimum 55% marks obtained.

>> For more details please visit www.ctet.nic.in.
26th September 2017, 10:45 PM
Maa ka pyaar
Senior Member+++++

CTET is Central Test Eligibility Test and examination is conducted by CBSE for recruitment of teacher in government schools.

The minimum required qualification to appear in examination is candidate must have passed higher secondary or other academic course but must have certificate in education ( D.Ed, B.Ed etc ).

There is no age limit to appear in examination.

The examination is conducted twice in a year.

So, you have to pursue B.Ed or D.Ed course to appear in examination. For more information about examination visit at www.ctet.nic.in.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?