25th September 2017, 09:32 AM
Upendar66

Procedure followed to become a district collector

Respected Sir/Mam, I am studying BA 1st year, my goal is district collector how to prepare UPSC examination and interview. Can someone please provide me with the answer on this? Can someone please answer me back on this. Awaiting for the response. Thank you!

25th September 2017, 11:24 PM
AWNISH RANJAN CHAUDHARY
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Procedure followed to become a district collector

District Collector is an Indian Administrative Services officer.

To become IAS officer, you need to clear Civil Services examination conducted by UPSC. There are three stages of this exam:

1. Preliminary examination.

2. Mains examination.

3. Personal Interview.

You must be bachelor's degree passed or in final year of bachelor's degree to apply for Civil Services exam. The age limit is 21-32 years.

How to prepare:

From first year of bachelor's degree, you can start your preparation.

Read NCERT books and make your own notes.

Then go through standard books of different social science subject.

Solve previous year papers and mock question papers.
25th September 2017, 11:33 PM
ranjan Ayush
Senior Member+++++

To become District Collector you have to appear and qualify in Civil Service examination conducted by UPSC.

The examination is conducted in three stages. Candidates have to qualify in all three stages for final selection.

The required minimum qualification to appear in examination is candidate must have passed bachelor degree from a recognised university.

The age limit is 21-32 years with relaxation in upper age limit for reserved category. So, you can prepare for examination as per syllabus of examination from now.

For syllabus and other detail about examination visit at www.upsc.gov.in.
26th September 2017, 10:52 PM
Maa ka pyaar
Senior Member+++++

There is no separate examination for recruitment as District Collector, as UPSC conducts Civil Service examination for recruitment of I.A.S, I.P.S, I.F.S and in Central Service every year.

The eligibility to appear in examination is that candidate must have passed bachelor degree in any discipline.

Candidates in final year of bachelor degree can also apply for the examination. The examination is considered as mother of all examination. So one need to pursue with dedication, determination and devotion as according to syllabus of examination for qualifying in all stages.

So, the first and foremost important to start preparation for examination is to go through the NCERT books of Std VI - XII. Go through newspaper and news channel daily.

The three stages of examination are Preliminary, Mains and Interview. For syllabus and other detail about examination visit at www.upsc.gov.in.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?