20th January 2011, 11:18 PM
Unregistered

Am I eligible to give NET exam in 1st year MCA itself? Eligibility criteria for MCA 3 years course?

i am an MCA 1st year student.when can i give NET exam .Am i am eligible to give exam in first year??please give me the eligibility criteria for mca three year degree course..

Related Questions:
  1. Am I eligible for SET exam after passing MCA?
  2. What is the eligibility for NET SET? I am a 1st year MCA student
  3. Eligibility to appear in CSIR UGC NET joint test for LS in Engineering Sciences?
  4. Eligibility criteria for MCA and value after doing it after BE?
  5. What is the process of doing Ph.D after completion of MCA course?
  6. Which one is better doing MCA in all 3 years or 2 years M.Sc IT and then MCA in 3rd year?
  7. What is the eligibility criteria for pursuing MCA after completing B.Sc? Which entrance exam is required? -- [New]
  8. Am I eligible to apply for Ph.D course if I have completed MCA in part time mode?
  9. When will be the entrance exam of MCA? Eligibility criteria for it and how to prepare for MCA exam?
  10. Am I eligible to do Ph.D course after completion of MCA from distance learning course?
  11. Eligibility criteria for NET Exam in Lectureship? Am I eligible for this Exam being an MCA holder? Can I apply for any subject other than Computer Applications like MBA? -- [Most Discussed]
  12. Eligibility for UGC-NET and CSIR-NET for Humanities, Computer Science and MCA candidates?
  13. PTU MCA 1st Semester Exam - Download Previous Years Question Papers
  14. Am I eligible for Bank PO exam if I have scored 70% marks in MCA but less than 55% in graduation?
  15. What is the eligibility criteria followed for applying MCA entrance exam?
  16. Am I eligible to take admission for MCA course after completion of B.Com?
  17. Can I do MCA after M.Com? Is MCA favourable for Banking career?
  18. Am I eligible for SET/NET exam if I am a student of 3 years MCA course?
21st January 2011, 01:11 AM
subho19
Senior Member+++

Default Re: Am I eligible to give NET exam in 1st year MCA itself? Eligibility criteria for MCA 3 years course?

Dear friend,
NET,National Eligibillity Test is an entrance exem specially for PHD. After your master degree you can apply for NET exem...
21st January 2011, 01:37 AM
prtk.co

Default Re: Am I eligible to give NET exam in 1st year MCA itself? Eligibility criteria for MCA 3 years course?

You must have a master degree first with minimum 55% for obc and 50% for SC\ST to give net exam .You can even apply in last year of your master degree program.
For MCA it is must you have a bachler degree first.
21st January 2011, 12:09 PM
imira
Senior Member+++++

For writing the NET exam it is a must that the candidate should have completed his postgraduation at the time of joining. You will be eligible to appear only in the final year of the course. You can however begin preparation for the exam in a systematic manner so that you clear it in the first attempt. For joining for the MCA course first of all the candidate should have completed his graduation. Also you should have studies mathematics as a subject during 12th standard.
21st January 2011, 12:25 PM
ricks2cool
Senior Member+

If you have not completed your PG then you are not eligible.

Eligibility for NET:-
You need to complete your Post Graduation inorder to apply for NET exam.
You should have 55% aggregate in your P.G to apply for NET.
Final year students can also apply.

Eligibility for MCA:-
You should have maths at 10+2 level.
You should have completed your graduation with 45% aggregate.
Final year students can also apply.
21st January 2011, 02:57 PM
Shyam kumar patel

good morning sir, yes you are eligible and no any eligibility criteria for mca three year degree course..
thank you and good luck
12th February 2011, 12:34 AM
Unregistered

i want to appear in the NET exam & i persuing the mca in 2nd year so can i appear????
12th February 2011, 09:51 AM
rohitkumarramesh
Senior Member++++

Smile Re: Am I eligible to give NET exam in 1st year MCA itself? Eligibility criteria for MCA 3 years course?

Hi

Candidates having master degree in Humanities and Social Sciences, Computer Science & Applications, Electronic Science etc. are only eligible to apply for the UGC NET examination. Since you are in first year so you are not eligible to apply for the NET exam.

To apply for the NET exam you should have to post graduate first and only then you are eligible to apply for the NET exam. The detailed eligibility criteria for the NET exam is given below:

Education Qualification
Candidates having master degree in Humanities and Social Sciences, Computer Science & Applications, Electronic Science etc. and have scored 55% marks are eligible to apply for the NET exam.

Candidates of Scheduled Caste (SC)/Scheduled Tribe (ST)/Physically Handicapped (PH)/Visually Handicapped (VH) should have 50% marks .

Candidates who are appeared in the final year exam are also eligible to apply for the NET test.

AGE LIMIT
i) Junior Research Fellowship :
Candidates applying for the Junior Research Fellowship should not be more then 28 years.
For SC/ST/OBC/PH/VH categories candidates there is a relaxation in age of 5 years.

ii) Lectureship :
Candidates applying for the Lectureship have no upper age limit criteria. Candidates for this can apply at any age .

For more information related to UGC NET examination visit the official web site of UGC.
www.ugc.ac.in.

GOOD LUCK
12th February 2011, 12:27 PM
chinnavenkataraju

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
i am an MCA 1st year student.when can i give NET exam .Am i am eligible to give exam in first year??please give me the eligibility criteria for mca three year degree course..
U r doing M C A or not . U said 1 st line doing M C A 1 st year . and last asking again eligibility criteria for mca three year degree course.
After completing M C A then only give NET or final yearM C A give NET Exam.

Eligibility criteria is After Completing Degree. If u r in AP u need to write
I-CET Exam.
13th March 2011, 05:06 PM
Unregistered

i had completed my mca can i apply for NET
13th March 2011, 05:26 PM
Unregistered

i had completed my mca can i apply for NET-2011
31st March 2011, 01:30 AM
Unregistered

i have completed MCA . can i give exam of NET in mathematics?
21st April 2011, 09:58 AM
Unregistered

i am in final year of mca can i apply for NET exam
30th April 2011, 02:11 PM
strange_rahul
Senior Member+

Smile Re: Am I eligible to give NET exam in 1st year MCA itself? Eligibility criteria for MCA 3 years course?

I will not get your answer completely dear what you are asking for....You are MCA student or You want to know about MCA........clear it...
23rd May 2011, 10:47 PM
Unregistered

i am completd my three years mca course can i elligible for net entrance exam.
8th June 2011, 03:46 PM
Unregistered

I HAVE DONE BCA & NOW I M IN FINAL YEAR OF PGDM .CAN I DO MCA
20th June 2011, 10:09 PM
Unregistered

i m doing MCA (completed 1st year )......
wntd 2 ask dat ......i did'nt had maths in 12th but i had it in my graduation (all 3 years)...so am i eligible 4 net (cs) ?
28th June 2011, 10:12 AM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
dear friend,

sorry to say dear you are not eligible in 1st year MCA but after completion of your MCA you are eligible for NET exam.

NET exam criteria:-

Educational Qualification:

MSc. or equivalent degree with 55% marks aggregate from a recognized University

Age Eligibility:
For Juniour resaerch fellowship: 19 to 28 years
For lecturership: There is no upper age limit.Minimum age is 19 years.

all the best.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?